Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

BEWARE OF DEAL EXTREME

--Hallucynogenyc-- said:
...so as its told here in spain "A caballo regalado no le mires el dentado"...
Si-si, a very old Spanish saying... ("don't look a gift horse in the mouth")...  lol :p

But back to the op topic, I ordered a Dilda, the corresponding CR2 batteries and a few other trivial items on the 11th of January; Well DX split the order in two and shipped the Dilda last week, but the batteries are still in "pending" mode... . So I will have the Dilda maybe next week but it's going to be nothing more than a paperweight until DX ships the batteries, sigh...  ::)

EDIT: Fwiw, when they finally ship, the package moves along at a reasonable pace. DX shipped my (first) package on the 4th, HK Post shipped it on the 5th and I just got it (EU) today (the 10th). From my point of view, five days is pretty good. If only their inventory status was a little more accurate...  ::)

jriga said:
I'd be ok waiting, but the double charges and refusal to answer an email or contact form is pretty bad.  They claim they respond within 48 hours, 'within 48 hours' was 5 days ago.

I am looking for a US-based supplier, but haven't had much luck.  Battery Junction shows the 14500 in-stock, but with a lower mWh rating and double price.

Some searching shows people have had ok luck with Focal Price - but another Chinese supplier...  :-/

This is definitely my 1st and last order with DX, I'd be happy just to get my cash back at this point.
I've got quite a few 10440 batteries if you're looking for those... I'm located in Arlington, TX :) You mention 14500 here though...

//begin rant: I'm also frustrated with DX over their sales tactics... (Dec - Jan) Buy our stuff! it's in stock! (Feb) Oh wait we don't have anything and no one is doing business because of Chinese New Years. [Yeah right, like they didn't know ALL of China shuts down for new years for 2-3 weeks]. "we're sorry, you can do a refund because we have way too much cash right now from all the orders for items we won't have" //end rant

WRM

DEAL EXTREME

One thing that I did notice about DX. Their prices seem very competitive.......until you go to Harbor Freight and find some exact things for the same price or even cheaper. Unfortunately, Harbor Freight does not stock batteries and lasers; but many tools and electronic goodies are as cheap as DX and in stock for purchase. They have many stores and mail order in the US. Honestly, even if the batteries are twice the price at Battery Junction, it's worth the price not to buy with such uncertainty (from overseas). For batteries, twice the price may mean spending an extra $5 to $10 dollars which is WAY worth it when you factor in the waiting.   Bill

yea, its kinda your fault for not doing some research about DX ahead of time about their shipping. They are usually pretty slow. But my 35mW waterproof greenie i got from them around last February still works perfectly fine

dx is good i mean good price but u know patience as always and pay on credit incase they mess with u but never had any problems

Geneticz said:
DX is pretty trustworthy. Wait it out, and the stuff always comes.

Tis true. I have had about a total of 30 orders from them. Not one single problem.

wannaburn said:
Cant live with them, cant live without.. :-/
This is true ^^ a great company with big problems right now. I just was on there forum not to good right now , but I believe that in days this will better itself. :cool:

jriga said:
Placed a small order on Jan 22nd (during their holiday) for a few 14500 batteries and a charger as well as a tripod.  All items showed 'in-stock'. Here we are Feb 7th, almost 8th, and not only has the order not shipped but they haven't even collected the items (according to their website) to prepare for shipment.

I opened a trouble ticket with them almost a full week ago - NO REPLY.  They will not respond to emails, tickets, or contact submitted on their web form.

[highlight]To make matters worse, they charged me for the order on the 22nd of Jan.  And on Feb 3rd, charged me AGAIN for the same order.[/highlight]
I AM NOW OUT OVER $60+ DOLLARS

I am unaware of their reputation here, but this was my 1st and, GUARANTEED, my last order.  I called VISA this morning and disputed both charges as fraud.

Honestly, how hard is it to stuff a couple batteries in a box?

Hey, I just realized something.  You said that you got charged twice.  This is not Dealextremes fault.  They don't have your charge card number, only PayPal does.  The only way that you would get charged twice is if you approved it through Paypal.  [highlight]So really, It's paypals fault or your own.[/highlight]  

Sure their shipping is slow, get used to it.  My average order takes about 2 weeks.  I don't complain.  Have you seen their prices?

I ordered from DX 5 times and always got my stuff airmail to the US in under 10 days. What attracts me and disturbs me about DX are the prices. They are great, but you know they use child labor. But I guess all the big retail stores that get stuff from China are just as responsible. At least we are fortunate enough to get the stuff at a fraction of retail. The wait is worth it.

D

Deleted member 8382

Traveller said:
[quote author=--Hallucynogenyc-- link=1234037509/0#15 date=1234118986]...so as its told here in spain "A caballo regalado no le mires el dentado"...
Si-si, a very old Spanish saying... ("don't look a gift horse in the mouth")...  lol :p

But back to the op topic, I ordered a Dilda, the corresponding CR2 batteries and a few other trivial items on the 11th of January; Well DX split the order in two and shipped the Dilda last week, but the batteries are still in "pending" mode... . So I will have the Dilda maybe next week but it's going to be nothing more than a paperweight until DX ships the batteries, sigh...  ::)

EDIT: Fwiw, when they finally ship, the package moves along at a reasonable pace. DX shipped my (first) package on the 4th, HK Post shipped it on the 5th and I just got it (EU) today (the 10th). From my point of view, five days is pretty good. If only their inventory status was a little more accurate...  ::)[/quote]

I doubt they can understand it anyways. To look at a horse quality it was usual to look at the mouth as the color of their teeth shows what their health is. So it acutally means that if you have a horse for free don't look it's mouth ;p