Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Better looking newwish!

kilter

Hello!
So, I had a newwish pen for a while, and there were scratches all over it. I saw that under the matte black "stuff", my pen was gold colored(bronze? Copper?). I sanded the black stuff until it reveiled the gold, and I did it for the whole pen. It now looks like a gold newwish! You can see the fine scratches from the sandpaper, but it is still pretty cool!:p
I will post some pics later.

It will be brass, unless your pointer cost a small fortune! ;) Looking forward to pics.:beer:

Heads up, brass tarnishes real fast in air and soon it'll look more like dark yellow rather than shiny gold. There's a reason it's coated.

If you want to restore brass to shiny state, use some toothpaste. Seriously, I didn't believe it myself until I tried it. Just put some on a paper towel. It cleans the oxidised layer right up and it's like new again. Well until it tarnishes again. :/

kilter

Thnaks, Thanks great to know. This "mod" is not for everyone. My pen was already scratched. For people who has an expensive pen, DO NOT DO THIS! If you have ebay pen, then... :p

kilter

DSC01034.jpg

DSC01035.jpg

DSC01036.jpg

DSC01037.jpg

DSC01038.jpg

There we go!
The color is more shinny that the camera depicts.
Hope ya liked it!

Last edited:
Looks nice Kitler :)

I did the same with my WL core and added a LED to it :D

What you could try is some cape cod Metal polishing cloths (they are the best :D )
You can use them everytime, and if they dry out just add some oil to it.

capecod.jpg

vDsKUWq.jpg
:D

Last edited:

kilter

Thanks guys! Your's are so much better! I just used sandpaper... LOL!