Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Best Laser for burning yellow?

I would like to burn some yellow items with a laser, which laser do you guys reccomend, is there any laser color in specific that can burn the color yellow? i know that green can burn brown or black and dark colors, what laser do you guys think i should get?

About the only thing that will burn yellow is a brown laser and you can only get them from Sweeden. hehehe
Have a good day !
Pyro...

Suffice it to say, violet (or blu-ray) lasers are the best overall burners. They'll burn pretty much anything regardless of color (except clear, reflective or violet items)..

Last edited:
Yes as EF has stated the blue is the best at burning the reason is it's beam is half the diameter of any other beam so that in it's self makes it's beam power twice that of any other color.

@ Nafarious Verrry Cool dude !

Pyro...

Thanks for the info guys I truly appreciate it, Have a Great DAY! :)

zaery

Basic physics says: get the burning laser whose color is the most different from your burnable object. Such as, if you have an object that happens to reflect 605nm light, don't try a DVD burner laser. If the object happens to be closer to the blue end of the spectrum, don't try blu-ray, try a DVD burner, because the blu-ray laser might just be reflected.

Also, as Flaminpyro and EF mentioned above, beam size is important, so if the object is exactly inbetween 650nm and 405nm, go with the blu-ray, because of the beam size.

Last edited: