Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

best host for PT-54

3zuli

what's the best host for PT-54? I'm getting one PT-54 and I'm trying to get the best beam profile possible.
I've seen yob's light, but I don't feel like spending $70 just for a host
for now, my chioce is UF C2 kit from DX - will this give a good beam?

Please post pics when finished and how you mounted, especially with different hosts. A few people are doing these, but it's nice to get more ideas and insight into problems they have.

I've got 2 on order, one with a projector (no diodes) and one from group buy. So, I'd like to see how yours comes out.

Last edited:
I'm going to try one of the single 18650 "focusable" flashlights as a host. Going to see if i can find a glass optic from the projector that will fit into the host, then the light can be focused....hopefully.

Looking forward to some tutorial threads on these soon. I have 2 on the way, and really need some advice on how to drive and mount them in something. Size doesn't matter, I'd even consider mounting them in an old ammo can or something to accommodate plenty of batteries. :D

my biggest problem was getting the solder to stick to these things. Luckily i got to negative part to stick just fine, and used a pre-soldered area for the positive.