Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Best game of all time (any platform)

Old Game

Frontier Elite 2 - has to be one of the best games I have ever played and I never got round to completing it. Having said that, the game was so open ended that I don't think it could actually be completed!

Newish Game

The Witcher - Totally epic storyline!

Jaseth

I must declare my love to:
Counter Strike Source & Bioshock (both PC)
Goldeneye & Conker's Bad Fur Day (both N64)
and TETRIS. Being able to play Tetris on my calculator has saved me from many boring lessons :p
There are so many great games out there.. Anyone tried Conker's Bad Fur Day?

pullbangdead said:
Halflife 2.  And I'll crowbar anyone who says any differently.

Great game, loved every minute of it, especially the 1984-esque theme throughout.

My personal favorite game of all time is Deus Ex, it was the first non-linear FPS played by me, and I absolutely loved it, traveling from NY to Tokio to Germany etc.

Also really enjoyed the Dragon Quest series when I was younger. For strategy Civilization.

brtaman said:
[quote author=pullbangdead link=1233253164/32#34 date=1239349378]Halflife 2.  And I'll crowbar anyone who says any differently.

Great game, loved every minute of it, especially the 1984-esque theme throughout.

My personal favorite game of all time is Deus Ex, it was the first non-linear FPS played by me, and I absolutely loved it, traveling from NY to Tokio to Germany etc.

Also really enjoyed the Dragon Quest series when I was younger. For strategy Civilization.
[/quote]

You did say it was great, but then you said it wasn't your favorite.

I'll just crowbar your kneecap then. ;)

pullbangdead said:
[quote author=brtaman link=1233253164/32#39 date=1239709709][quote author=pullbangdead link=1233253164/32#34 date=1239349378]Halflife 2.  And I'll crowbar anyone who says any differently.

[/quote]

You did say it was great, but then you said it wasn't your favorite.

I'll just crowbar your kneecap then.   ;)[/quote]

Valve makes freaking awesome quality games, but you can't say Portal isn't a favourite (triple negative, b1tches!).

so2-boxart-na.jpg

I will always love that game  ;)

Other favorites are:

Tales of Destiny 2 - PSX
Final Fantasy VII - PSX
Star Ocean - Super Famicom
Star Ocean: Til The End Of Time - PS2
Super Mario RPG - Super NES
Killer Instinct - Super NES
Gears of War 1&2 - XBOX 360
Resident Evil 2 - PSX
Silent Hill 3 - PS2
Burnout Dominator - PSP
Megaman 2 - NES
All Zelda games
Titan Quest - PC
Crystalis - NES
Maniac Mansion - NES (Freakin awesome game!)

And a game from waaaay back in the day, "Manhunter" for Apple IIGS :cool:

There's a lot more but that's all I could think of.

The game that I have most enjoyed playing ever is COD4 - I have 14 days play time just online, and I'm still not bored. I'm buzzing for MW2

Definitely Max Payne (awesome storyline).

Runners up include Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3 (my record was 48 million for 1 combo) or Doom 3 (really liked the atmosphere in parts of that game).

To be honest I barely ever play games at all... I've been meaning to check out HL2 for ages.

Switch

Th0ughts said:
I'm going to have to go with the game that I've been playing since I got into PC gaming. I'm still playing it today.

CS 1.6 and then Source.

Yay! I thought I was the only one. I like a game of skill (and FPS and internet connection :D) .Never really cared for arcade style games that you actually get to finish. :p