Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Besram 510nm Pointer for ~14.00

510nm <1MW Green Laser Pointer Pen
China 510nm <1MW Green Laser Pointer Pen - China Laser Pointer, Laser Pen

Has anyone purchased any of these?
Are they the PL515 Osram Diodes?
Would anyone be interested in trying to do a group buy to get to the 100 mark?
I don't see these for sell on their ebay store though.
I'd like to see if I can get a sample.
I have purchased for LaserLands, I have had mixed results myself. Very slow shipping, but they are fast to try to fix problems. They even sent me a replacement unit when it took over 30 days for delivery. I'm still waiting on a replacement being that my laser pen died after just a few minutes. All this aside I have purchased multiple diodes from them and other pens in the past with no issues.

I thought I'd throw up this idea and see how it was received.

Rivem

Seems interesting if it is really a direct diode. I'd buy one or two if it's legit. Might be able to talk the manufacturer into a smaller lot though.

Razako

Interesting. IDK if we'd able able to get 100 orders though. If a GB gets off the ground I'd be interested in 2-3 of these. The only other 515/520nm laser pens I've seen cost around $120+

Last edited:
I've requested prices for 20,40,60,80,100 units.
I've requested a sample if possible (fat chance I know, but I am a returning customer... so maybe)
I've requested the price on a single unit as well.
I've requested Diode information as well as mA the drivers are set at.

We'll see what we get back.

I would like to have one if they are better than 1mw.

Actually I still don't own a single direct green, that 1000.00 gouge on the 7475 upset me so much that I may not buy a direct green until I can get one for under 20 bucks, but I do want to be able to see it when I do get one. I am pretty happy with my 532's but mostly that 1000.00 diode crap burned me out on them all together.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 16589

Wonder what the chances are of Laserlands having access to a spectrometer I would love one f they were 510nm on the dot.

I don't think these are true 510nm direct green diodes. Why is that? 510nm diodes are still quite expensive and don't think they would be available for such a low price. If there were, tons of people would start selling them and you'd see them all around the forum!

My bet is a 515nm-520nm pointer mis-labeled. But if it is indeed 510nm, I might need to get one :yh:

-Alex

If you find a source that's not wholesale, let me know and I'll buy a few to check the wavelength.

My bet is a 515nm-520nm pointer mis-labeled.

Or perhaps the 510nm pointers are mislabeled as 515nm. Both "515-520nm" pointers I have metered at 511nm.

Rivem

Have you had a peak at the guts of your broken 445 to get an idea of the build quality and what went wrong? If not, I'd pay postage to take a crack at it.

Edit: Also, do any other manufactures sell the 510-525nm diodes yet?

Last edited:
I almost wonder if these are PL515 diodes that were tested and maybe didn't do so well. That's just speculation though.

@Riven - I'm considering taking it apart myself. I have one more low powered 445nm diode I could put in it. I'd like to pot mod the one that's in it and see if I can get it to do anything at all. I don't see the harm in it if it's dead already. Is there a better way to dismatle the host. My current idea was to drill a hole in a block of wood, then split it down the center and put it in a vice.

I'd be in for one. Postage will probably cost more than the laser.

If it was more than 1mw like 5-10mw, I'd be interested in a few.

But since I don't have anything in that range (510-520), I'd give it a shot.

Rivem

I almost wonder if these are PL515 diodes that were tested and maybe didn't do so well. That's just speculation though.

@Riven - I'm considering taking it apart myself. I have one more low powered 445nm diode I could put in it. I'd like to pot mod the one that's in it and see if I can get it to do anything at all. I don't see the harm in it if it's dead already. Is there a better way to dismatle the host. My current idea was to drill a hole in a block of wood, then split it down the center and put it in a vice.

That should work. I've taken apart pen hosts successfully with a pipe wrench padded with duct tape when I didn't have my vice handy. Sometimes, using a torch to heat the host up makes things easier. If you run into some serious epoxy, might want to swirl some acetone or isopropyl around in there, but it'd destroy any acrylic lenses you've got inside.

Edit: Also, I haven't seen a pot on a cheap Chinese pen's driver in a while, so you might want to assume it's not pot modable without replacing the driver. I assume you could rework the components, but it'd be very difficult.

Last edited:
510nm <1MW Green Laser Pointer Pen
China 510nm <1MW Green Laser Pointer Pen - China Laser Pointer, Laser Pen

Has anyone purchased any of these?
Are they the PL515 Osram Diodes?
Would anyone be interested in trying to do a group buy to get to the 100 mark?
I don't see these for sell on their ebay store though.
I'd like to see if I can get a sample.
I have purchased for LaserLands, I have had mixed results myself. Very slow shipping, but they are fast to try to fix problems. They even sent me a replacement unit when it took over 30 days for delivery. I'm still waiting on a replacement being that my laser pen died after just a few minutes. All this aside I have purchased multiple diodes from them and other pens in the past with no issues.

I thought I'd throw up this idea and see how it was received.

i'm in if they are at least 1mw, I don't care about power but I have never seen 515 or 510 and I would like to use it for presentations as well

Rivem

Besram is also on alibaba with a minimum order of 50pcs on these. Maybe they're willing to budge on that lot size even more.

Also, it might be worth a shot messaging them there if they don't respond.