Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Been away a while...whats new?

I been away from the laser scene for far too long, I haven't read much from the forum today but I would like to know what has changed in the last...5+ months?
any new places to buy lasers pop up? I noticed novalasers has a new line of lasers on there that I haven't ever seen before. what are the prices of red/ir/blu-ray lasers now that are built by the LPF members now? sorry for being a bit lazy and not reading through the thousands of threads that have popped up since I've been gone >_<

I want to start my laser collection again so...anyone know where I can get a red/IR/blu-ray for cheap that can burn pretty well? I need it to be able to light a cig in a decent time...

Grix

The research on 8x and 12x blu-ray diodes continues, they seem to be able to do 400-600mW pretty safely. They are priced at about 150$ for 8x and 200$ for 12x.
Other diodes are also getting cheaper, GGW's are at $40 if you know where to look, SW-AF's are about $30.

In other news, we think green and true-blue diodes may have started to be mass-produced in this new projector: Microvision SHOWWXâ„¢ Laser Pico Projector
I can't wait till we know more about it.

Look at O-like or rayfoss for cheap burning lasers.

Among the other interesting threads, several members have come up with great RGV builds, cheap 405 nm pointers from China have flooded the market ($10 for 30mw or so). There has been interesting activity in the gas laser threads (renewed interest for Argons and HeNe's) and Dave had (or still has) an epic sale! :)
- Robert

HIMNL9

Grix said:
Typing in different fonts/colours is F**KING ANNOYING.

Say It To Me ..... LOL ..... :p :D

(Sorry for the threadjacking, mate ..... just a bit of sane spamming for the daily fun, LOL)

Were you here for the DarkLasers fiasco (if not: avoid like plague)? You know of Rayfoss? Jayrob's Star Trek Phazers? Wicked's new product line? There's been quite a few developments worth a look in the last few months, forgive me if some of that stuff is a bit old to you or not to your interest.

Were you here for the DarkLasers fiasco (if not: avoid like plague)? You know of Rayfoss? Jayrob's Star Trek Phazers? Wicked's new product line? There's been quite a few developments worth a look in the last few months, forgive me if some of that stuff is a bit old to you or not to your interest.

As for rayfoss,they went out of internet for a while.
As for WL i have not heard of them since mid-december. AFter the review of Diachi on the spyder it seem they stopped contacting me regulary.

never heard of darklasers, haven't heard anything about rayfoss...last thing I heard about from jayrob was the 405nm lenses and last I heard about WL was...well they sucked...

Ears and Eggs

Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
Welcome back. :D

A lot has happened in the last five months. We now have one moderator here, which happens to be me. :D :D The Rigel series yellow laser pointers now go up to 20mW! There is also a new 589nm yellow laser that CNI just released (you can order it in the CNI GB 9 thread). It can go up to 5mW in pen size and 80mW in PGL style portable. Work still continues on the experimentation with the 8X and 12X, not sure if we have a conclusion yet on the differences between the two. Wicked Lasers has released a new product line, which seems to be a kinda turn around for them. So far this line seems to be quite good, although we really have not seen enough of them yet to make a 100% conclusion. Not going to go into this too much, but don't buy from DarkLasers (aka darkarmyofone, DAOO). This person was banned from LPF for scamming and you will likely not receive what you paid for. Anyway, that's pretty much the highlights of the past few months.