Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

BeamCheap//O-Like Waterproof Red Laser 200mW

Here are the batteries... recieved them today..

DSCI0005-1.jpg

DSCI0006.jpg

**Edit**

Those two black things, do they go around the batteries or somthing? Also on the user-manual it said "It is better to use continously not more than 5 minutes every time."
So do I use the laser for only 5mins a day?

Well the "Little Black Things" are o-rings for your laser. They are spares for when the ones on the focus ring, and the tail cap wear out. The power thing is just a bad written direction NOT to let it run for more than 5 min without cooling time, run it as much as you want, just NOT for more than 5 min at a time :)
-Dustin

You will know if the battery needs the "spacers" when the laser arrives. If the battery "rattles" in the tube, use the spacers on it.

It would appear that they are saying you can have the laser on for up to 5 minutes. Then you would have to let it cool down again before you use it.

Peace,
dave

Grr dave, you beat me to it!!! :crackup:

Black rings are o-rings, generally they seal areas where screw-threads are to make it water-tight. The 5 minute restriction sounds to me like a "duty cycle" for heat reasons, you should be fine after it's cooled off again.

Edit: They *both* beat me to it :(

daguin

Daguin should I put on the spares when I use the laser ?

If they are to be used as spacers, you will know the first time you place the battery in it. The are more probably extra o-rings as has been said by others. I do not own this laser, so some of this is deduction/speculation.

When the laser arrives, we, and you, will know for sure.

Peace,
dave

Do you think I'm a noob that just fell off the turnip truck and spews
forth BS.... I don't need to PROVE anything...
I do my research BEFORE I post....
Had you done the same... you would also know...:cool:

Jerry

Possibly a language barrier Jerry. Not sure though

If Im lucky, then tomorrow is my lucky day :D

I will be curious to see! you wont need the extras, as the laser SHOULD have some on it allready, if it does there will be no room to put the extras :) usually they have little slots for the o-rings.

When I charge the battery, when will I know the charge is complete? Will the red dot turn green?

Hmm.. Its been over 10 days, and the tracking number still says "Left HongKong Feb 16.."

mfo

Hmm.. Its been over 10 days, and the tracking number still says "Left HongKong Feb 16.."

I just realized something. Your signature....

Wtf is "Ducktape"?....

Do you mean duct tape?...lol....