Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Bad News

Good idea to get some zinc and make sure to drink plenty of water/fluids, don't miss any sleep until your 100% well.

S4X™ 7W

Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) affects you in various ways.
Most people have mild or moderate symptoms and recover without the need for hospitalization.

Most common symptoms:
temperature
dry cough
exhaustion
Less common symptoms:
aches and pains in the muscles
sore throat
diarrhea
conjunctivitis
headache
loss of taste or smell
rash or discoloration of the toes or hands
Severe symptoms:
difficulty breathing or shortness of breath
chest tightness or pain
loss of speech or movement
If you experience severe symptoms, consult a healthcare professional immediately. Do not go directly to your doctor or a hospital, but call first.
People with mild symptoms who do not suffer from other medical conditions are required to self-medicate at home.
On average, it takes 5-6 days for a person who has contracted the virus to show symptoms; however, the incubation period can last up to 14 days.

You are just one of the many asymptomatic patients don't fear Simon, surely given your job, you have been involuntarily infected by a customer or a common passer-by.
My staff and I in our clinical analysis center have also analyzed many of your cases which were even worse, however all over the world there are also variants which are much stronger than the virus itself.

I wish you a speedy recovery and a happy birthday even if it's late

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
Do you know if it normal for someone to experience chest problems 11 months on from original infection?
Also I thought asymptomatic was when someone shows no symptoms? Simon has shown mild symptoms. I might be wrong on the medical definition though.

S4X™ 7W

Chest problems of what kind?
The one who does not have acute symptoms is also defined as asymptomatic, Simon has only accused very slight discomfort, however he must remain in isolation for at least 14 days post swab and then once 14 days have elapsed he must repeat the swab, if anything is still positive, then he must be hospitalized in day hospital for a more in-depth check up, we in Italy have started the vaccination campaign, have you done it?
The first pharmaceutical company was Pfizer, now there is Astra Zeneca, Moderna, Sputnik (Covid-19 vaccine) Russian and finally an all-Italian vaccine nearing completion, made in our Italian laboratories at the Spallanzani Hospital in Rome

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
When I got it I was given pleuritic pain and general aches in the chest. I still get problems to to this day. I was more interested in how many patients you see with long lasting outcomes of this virus myself.

Regarding Simon, so acute symptoms are the only ones regarded as being symptomatic? It appears Italy is doing things differently to the UK. I'm not sure about the US. UK has very much started vaccinating.

Last edited:
Just a FYI
after the second vaxx- it is suggested that we stay away from anyone at least 14 more days THEN get 2 tests a few days apart.
If both are neg you should be safe... best wishes to all--hak

S4X™ 7W

When I got it I was given pleuritic pain and general aches in the chest. I still get problems to to this day. I was more interested in how many patients you see with long lasting outcomes of this virus myself.

Regarding Simon, so acute symptoms are the only ones regarded as being symptomatic? It appears Italy is doing things differently to the UK. I'm not sure about the US. UK has very much started vaccinating.
When you had Covid-19, did you go with your feet to the hospital or did the ambulance take you there?
What symptoms did you feel? what medical tests have you been given? list them if you remember them, have you been in quarantine? or in isolation for 1 month?
If you still feel chest pains, I advise you to have a new medical examination, by a pneumpologist if you also have breathing problems, otherwise a cardiological examination, or you do both that would not hurt you, yes the after-effects from Covid -19, do not go away easily and immediately, especially if you get back in contact with people in everyday life, perhaps asymptomatic, and in that case You who have already had Covid-19, are a moment more sensitive than those who have never had,
Simon, as I repeat is an asymptomatic subject, doing a job like the retail trade is far easier to get infected,

Well, of course, we in Italy are vaccinating most people, first taking into account the categories of categories such as doctors, nurses, ambulance drivers, law enforcement agencies and then for months people based on age group, pathologies . But unfortunately, since the beginning of the pandemic, almost 90,000 people have died in Italy, add the newly discovered variants, the idiots who do not respect the safety rules putting themselves at risk first and then others.

S4X™ 7W

Just a FYI
after the second vaxx- it is suggested that we stay away from anyone at least 14 more days THEN get 2 tests a few days apart.
If both are neg you should be safe... best wishes to all--hak
Exactly, more or less it is, then it depends from case to case.

Ears and Eggs

Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
Just an update here. It's been three weeks now since I tested positive, and I am seem to be about 95% recovered now. All main symptoms have gone.

What they told me here was that I had to isolate for 14 days from when I was tested, and as long as my main symptoms had cleared by then I was okay to go back to normal activities. They said I should not have another test because it could quite possibly come back positive, for up to three months due to dead virus material that is likely still in my body.

Most of my symptoms were on the less common part of the chart. First sign for me was a sudden (came on within a few hours), severe pinkeye in both my eyes. I also had near constant chills, with a few random short lived (few hours) fevers sporadically happening for close to a week, basically for the full duration of the main part of the illness (about 7 days after it started to when things started to improve). I never had any dry cough or any kind of shortness of breath. I did get a lingering minor cough that started a few days in and lasted for a week or so after the main symptoms died down, this seemed to be more a nasal drip type of cough and not a dry hacking cough as I did have cold-like nasal congestion that continued on well after the main symptoms had started improving.

None of the symptoms I ever had were on the list of severe symptoms and I completed my recovery at home without the need to seek any medical attention.

A couple kind of weird things, about 5 days into the illness I woke up with a sore throat, which was worst on the day that it started, and had mostly gone away by the end of the next day. To this day though I still have a slight, sporadic irritation in the throat, not painful at all, but it's like it got a bit hurt and is still a little tender. I also do find that some random muscles are still a bit a sensitive. Again, not painful, but definitely some weird random stiffness and sensitivity.

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
When you had Covid-19, did you go with your feet to the hospital or did the ambulance take you there?
What symptoms did you feel? what medical tests have you been given? list them if you remember them, have you been in quarantine? or in isolation for 1 month?
If you still feel chest pains, I advise you to have a new medical examination, by a pneumpologist if you also have breathing problems, otherwise a cardiological examination, or you do both that would not hurt you, yes the after-effects from Covid -19, do not go away easily and immediately, especially if you get back in contact with people in everyday life, perhaps asymptomatic, and in that case You who have already had Covid-19, are a moment more sensitive than those who have never had,
Simon, as I repeat is an asymptomatic subject, doing a job like the retail trade is far easier to get infected,

Well, of course, we in Italy are vaccinating most people, first taking into account the categories of categories such as doctors, nurses, ambulance drivers, law enforcement agencies and then for months people based on age group, pathologies . But unfortunately, since the beginning of the pandemic, almost 90,000 people have died in Italy, add the newly discovered variants, the idiots who do not respect the safety rules putting themselves at risk first and then others.
I'll speak via PM rather than through the thread
Just an update here. It's been three weeks now since I tested positive, and I am seem to be about 95% recovered now. All main symptoms have gone.

What they told me here was that I had to isolate for 14 days from when I was tested, and as long as my main symptoms had cleared by then I was okay to go back to normal activities. They said I should not have another test because it could quite possibly come back positive, for up to three months due to dead virus material that is likely still in my body.

Most of my symptoms were on the less common part of the chart. First sign for me was a sudden (came on within a few hours), severe pinkeye in both my eyes. I also had near constant chills, with a few random short lived (few hours) fevers sporadically happening for close to a week, basically for the full duration of the main part of the illness (about 7 days after it started to when things started to improve). I never had any dry cough or any kind of shortness of breath. I did get a lingering minor cough that started a few days in and lasted for a week or so after the main symptoms died down, this seemed to be more a nasal drip type of cough and not a dry hacking cough as I did have cold-like nasal congestion that continued on well after the main symptoms had started improving.

None of the symptoms I ever had were on the list of severe symptoms and I completed my recovery at home without the need to seek any medical attention.

A couple kind of weird things, about 5 days into the illness I woke up with a sore throat, which was worst on the day that it started, and had mostly gone away by the end of the next day. To this day though I still have a slight, sporadic irritation in the throat, not painful at all, but it's like it got a bit hurt and is still a little tender. I also do find that some random muscles are still a bit a sensitive. Again, not painful, but definitely some weird random stiffness and sensitivity.
I'm glad everything is ok Simon. Chills is what I had most too. Thanks for updating us.

S4X™ 7W

This is the aftermath of the virus, everything will calmly pass Simon, now that you are at home in prevention, are you wearing contact lenses anyway? it can be a capillary irritation, due to the tiny ocular blood vessels (those very thin red filaments).
Keep us updated anyway and in good luck