Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

[B]WTB ~100mw 532nm[/B]

Tmack

I know ir is nothing to play with at any power. If every laser is treated with respect than is ir really something to make anyone go on a safety rant. ( no one specific, just have seen it a lot ) maybe just a quick warning but " omg throw that trash away" just seem unnecessary when said person owns a 1w 445 .

Tmack

You have a point about being more qualified to answer such questions. For now on I will keep my mouth shut about such issues until I am properly educated on the manner. :)

I can only say how I treat my 532 compared to other wavelengths

IsaacT

Here are my two pennies on giving a damn about IR:

1. Is IR a large enough portion of the total output to reduce the visible output to a less desirable visibility?
2. Are you foolish enough to point the beam towards you in close proximity to your head or another sentient being?

If you answered no to both of the above, don't let it concern you. If IR is the majority of what I am getting out of a laser I am dissapointed with the quality. And personally, I dont shine lasers that close to my, or any others, face(s). So it is pretty irrelevant for me.