Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

awesome lasers anyone had trouble with him ?

i got a blue laser from dave at awesome laser and it was junk when I got it to me so i sent it back now it has been almost 2.5 months and he doesnt reply anymore am i screwed ? :(

I was going to ask that question a few days ago, I think he is a scammer, he does come off as having credibility because he was shown on a local news station talking about lasers but the more I found stuff on him the more shady he seemed. He has a few videos I seen on youtube that ruined any credibility for me, then I did a search on here and that sealed the deal.

I hope you used paypal though after 2 months it might be too late to file a dispute.

DJNY

I would attack his youtube channel and vids + send him this thread here.
Maybe he then care more about it.

Hey LES! I lost your phone number in the craziness of this wee hours of the morning move we did. I had to get out of Lackawanna Warehouse - too much dust, too much noise, too many interruptions, NO FREAKIN' HEAT in the winter (except for space heaters that don't do shit), mail delivery was whenever they felt like it, delivered to whoever would take it, no passenger elevator for almost 2 years, 18 months of friggin' DRILLING, and an A**hole for a landlord. Too much stress for someone who just wants to have a good time and make a few bucks.

BTW - Whatever happened to the LASER we sent you, it cooked BOTH the diode AND the driver.

We FINALLY got reimbursed by the Post Office and got a delivery of parts at the new location TODAY. First thing I did was fix your LASER... actually, I am sending you a replacement. It is cranked WIDE OPEN @ 945mA on the driver board output. After a minute, the pill gets toasty.

We are engineering a 2,500mw unit for the military. We have "proof of concept" from the designer. Get this... we are going to hav to OIL COOL the pill, or fill it with LIQUID NITROGEN. Power source will be a custom 6-volt, 4,000mAH battery. With this LASER, you don't need a rifle... bullets will just put the blind insurgents out of their misery.

Dave - The world's most powerful hand-held Lasers at affordable prices

DJNY

Dave, you´re selling a 600mW greenie for <$400? And you say it is up-to spec right? Thanks

It would be great if Dave would agree to send out his 600mw <$400 green laser out for testing by a respected forum member, and have it returned to him after the testing was done.

Dave, you´re selling a 600mW greenie for <$400? And you say it is up-to spec right? Thanks
I have what was LISTED as 600mw green LASER, but LPM says its 490 or thereabouts with a new battery. It LOOKS brighter than a CERTIFIED 500mw I have, so I know it's in the ball park. We dropped the LPM in the move, and I think it got uncalibrated. I won't SAY it's 600 on the Web site unless LPM reports it is within +/- 10% of rated output.

We are eventually going to drop all the Chinese stuff and do our own LASERS and hosts. This is a HUGE project as you might imagine. We are devoting a lot of resources to this project for a large rifle manufacturer, and if this deal goes through, I don't think we will have the time - or we will have to "farm out" the retail part of the business to a sub-contractor.

I love to deal with people, and I've met some very nice people in this marketplace. My current business partner was a customer FIRST. I am now in West Berlin, NJ and we have a HUGE facility - nice, clean, and brand new - beautiful offices, and I am here almost 24/7 (too much work to do for me to leave).

Call me when you get a chance. You have my number.

Dave

I have what was LISTED as 600mw green LASER, but LPM says its 490 or thereabouts with a new battery. It LOOKS brighter than a CERTIFIED 500mw I have, so I know it's in the ball park. We dropped the LPM in the move, and I think it got uncalibrated. I won't SAY it's 600 on the Web site unless LPM reports it is within +/- 10% of rated output.

We are eventually going to drop all the Chinese stuff and do our own LASERS and hosts. This is a HUGE project as you might imagine. We are devoting a lot of resources to this project for a large rifle manufacturer, and if this deal goes through, I don't think we will have the time - or we will have to "farm out" the retail part of the business to a sub-contractor.

I love to deal with people, and I've met some very nice people in this marketplace. My current business partner was a customer FIRST. I am now in West Berlin, NJ and we have a HUGE facility - nice, clean, and brand new - beautiful offices, and I am here almost 24/7 (too much work to do for me to leave).

Call me when you get a chance. You have my number.

Dave

So, this is your forum account, eh?

Didn't you have another account, not too long ago, where you pretended to be a noob trying to get help?

Link: http://laserpointerforums.com/f45/awesome-lasers-com-50222.html

That's already against this forum's Terms of Service, having two forum accounts.

Someone go get the banhammer.

drevil

wow, his site really gave me a headache. I think its funny that he is sellingl the classic kip kay direct drive mag light kit. The entire site is sketchy.

daguin

Hey LES! I lost your phone number in the craziness of this wee hours of the morning move we did. I had to get out of Lackawanna Warehouse - too much dust, too much noise, too many interruptions, NO FREAKIN' HEAT in the winter (except for space heaters that don't do shit), mail delivery was whenever they felt like it, delivered to whoever would take it, no passenger elevator for almost 2 years, 18 months of friggin' DRILLING, and an A**hole for a landlord. Too much stress for someone who just wants to have a good time and make a few bucks.

BTW - Whatever happened to the LASER we sent you, it cooked BOTH the diode AND the driver.

We FINALLY got reimbursed by the Post Office and got a delivery of parts at the new location TODAY. First thing I did was fix your LASER... actually, I am sending you a replacement. It is cranked WIDE OPEN @ 945mA on the driver board output. After a minute, the pill gets toasty.

We are engineering a 2,500mw unit for the military. We have "proof of concept" from the designer. Get this... we are going to hav to OIL COOL the pill, or fill it with LIQUID NITROGEN. Power source will be a custom 6-volt, 4,000mAH battery. With this LASER, you don't need a rifle... bullets will just put the blind insurgents out of their misery.

Dave - The world's most powerful hand-held Lasers at affordable prices

This is just too funny. You "suffered" for two years (or more) and then had to do a "middle of the night" quickie move? That sounds more like you were evicted and/or skipping out on your rent

You "finally got" re-imbursment from the post office after 2.5 months! Your shop is so small and has such a low budget that you couldn't operate without this re-imbursment from the post office?

You have already fixed his laser, but you are going to send another one instead?

Your BS about the "oil cooling" and "liquid nitrogen" is too absurd to even waste a reasoned response to.

You listed a laser as 600mW even though you KNEW it was only doing 490mW?

You "dropped" your LPM and now "think" it is uncalibrated?

It is blatantly obvious that you do not even understand what you are trying to BS about

IMNHO if you send this man your money, you are risking it all

Peace,
dave

So, this is your forum account, eh?

Didn't you have another account, not too long ago, where you pretended to be a noob trying to get help?

Link: http://laserpointerforums.com/f45/awesome-lasers-com-50222.html

That's already against this forum's Terms of Service, having two forum accounts.

Someone go get the banhammer.
This is my ONLY account - I was servicing LASERS for IBM and before that in the US Military (USAF '69- '71) probably before you were born.... SON :evil:

daguin

This is my ONLY account - I was servicing LASERS for IBM and before that in the US Military (USAF '69- '71) probably before you were born.... SON :evil:

IIRC, at the time, the normal period of service in the AF was four years.

Did you get an early release for good behavior? :banned:

Peace,
dave

this is just too funny. You "suffered" for two years (or more) and then had to do a "middle of the night" quickie move? That sounds more like you were evicted and/or skipping out on your rent

you "finally got" re-imbursment from the post office after 2.5 months! Your shop is so small and has such a low budget that you couldn't operate without this re-imbursment from the post office?

You have already fixed his laser, but you are going to send another one instead?

Your bs about the "oil cooling" and "liquid nitrogen" is too absurd to even waste a reasoned response to.

You listed a laser as 600mw even though you knew it was only doing 490mw?

You "dropped" your lpm and now "think" it is uncalibrated?

It is blatantly obvious that you do not even understand what you are trying to bs about

imnho if you send this man your money, you are risking it all

peace,
dave

you obviously have nothing better to do with your time. You use a technical forum to discuss things you hav no clue about.

Yes, we are a small shop - about to get bigger fast. At least we have more customers than you do... And we answer the phone. If you have nothing constructive or edifying to say, why don't you go to the mensa web site and have your iq laughed at.

People like you are beneath pity.
Get a life, why don't you?