Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Awaiting shipment!: ROUND 5!: THE "Skylaser" (laserBtB) groupbuy!

Only zathras his package will be resent with fedex. The rest will arrive normally via DHL.

Robin

To anyone still following this thread.

Above, you see we are told, on 10/5, that my order is now coming by Fedex.

Yet, today 10/8, I was emailed a new tracking number for DHL ! (see below)

There was some discussion that the problem was with my address. DHL said no, Kevin said yes. So who knows. I resent my address to Offroad after the first problem. Yes, it's the same address. It was the same address as GB2, which had no problem and DHL was the shipper. So let's see what happens this time.

Now you tell me ...... what the heck is going on ... it's now 5 weeks since payment was sent and on 10/7 DHL status is "shipment info received". They don't even show if they have a package yet! Something to remember, overseas shipments can be a real pita.

I will post status updates here as they are posted on the DHL site.

Tuesday, October 07, 2014 ---------------- Location ---------------------------- Time
1-----Shipment information received-----HONG KONG - HONG KONG----------16:27
2-----Processed at-------------------------HONG KONG - HONG KONG----------16:57
3-----Departed Facility--------------------HONG KONG - HONG KONG----------17:27
4-----Arrived at Sort Facility--------------HONG KONG - HONG KONG----------18:55

Saturday, October 11, 2014
5-----Processed at-------------------------HONG KONG - HONG KONG----------05:36
6-----Departed Facility in------------------HONG KONG - HONG KONG---------06:15
7-----Customs status updated------------ CINCINNATI HUB, OH - USA-------- 00:36

Sunday, October 12, 2014
8-----Arrived at Sort Facility-------------------CINCINNATI HUB - USA CINCINNATI HUB, OH ----- USA 09:52
9-----Processed at------------------------------CINCINNATI HUB - USA CINCINNATI HUB, OH ----- USA 10:34
10----Clearance processing complete at -----CINCINNATI HUB - USA CINCINNATI HUB, OH ------ USA 16:10

Last edited:

Why do you care what method you get your package? First you said that laserbtb has problems with DHL. Which obviously is not true because they still ship today via DHL.

My advice to you would be. Chill out and just wait for that package. It is getting there. ;)

robin

I believe in credibility. There appears to be a change in this story from day to day. It's like the three cups and the little red ball. Which cup is it under? Nope, not that one. Nope, not that one either.

"Chill out" ? .... easy to say when it's not you who is affected.

ta

We only had two days off last week, Wed and Thur.
It was mainland China that had the whole week off.

Last edited:
It looks to me that Dhl made the mistake the first time with your adress for some reason and dont want to admit they did something wrong, its kinda obvious now. And i know that my tracking didnt work for over a week and when it did it was like 3 days and the package was at my door.

ped

I believe in credibility. There appears to be a change in this story from day to day. It's like the three cups and the little red ball. Which cup is it under? Nope, not that one. Nope, not that one either.

"Chill out" ? .... easy to say when it's not you who is affected.

ta

Indeed it is people like offroad who are "affected" , he has to listen to people like yourself essentially nitpicking over fine details.

Like he said, just chill out, he runs these GB off his own back, he isn't a company, so if some details get messed up, that's perfectly acceptable as long as the laser is on its way to you..some things are beyond his control.

It has nothing to do with "credibility" , offroad has overseen / run lots of group buys, his credibility isn't in question. When dealing with overseas shipping, ESPECIALLY HK or China , you have to take some details with a pinch of salt, but it all comes good in the end.

Ped

Ped, my comment of credibility had nothing to do with Offroad. We've had good conversation here and on pm's. If he feels it was directed at him, I apologize to him for that. My comment was about the manufacturer. His reasons for the problems changes day to day, that is the lack of credibility I refer to. I would speak to Kevin directly if that was possible to resolve this. But that's probably not an option due to time zones & languages. It's the cost of doing business internationally.

Offroad is only the messenger, and like they say here, "don't shoot the messenger".

As for DHL, I have much info from them about both shipments. But I will not post it here. I pm'd Offroad with most of it. So that is why the story I post here appears incomplete.

I will edit the earlier thread as DHL provides info to me so we can all play along; unless it gets locked.

But I offer Kevin this out if he wants to take it, when he gets tired of all this, he can just cancel my order and refund the purchase price minus $30. The $30 will cover his first attempt to ship since no one seems to know what happened. DHL says one thing, he says another. I'm sure he can resell the lasers, they are nothing special; 2-300mw HL's, a tripod, and some diff caps. Offroad has my pp info if Kevin wants to take that route.

But for now I will 'chill'. It appears that is the thing everyone wants me to do.

Z

ped

The shipping is a PITA, I fully hear you on that point.
I was part of one of OffRoad's GB's a while back and there was an issue with couriers, or tracking, I can't remember which. But we all knew OffRoad was on the case, so we left him to it, and it all came good :) .

My money is still on Dhl if anyone to blaim i can bet my lasers they messed up something, those companies dont have the best reputation really,, u can google yourself dhl sucks and see..

Pman

Understand the frustration.
Also think Robin is a nutcase for still hosting these things:) +REP for somehow hangin' in there through 5 GBs! Don't know how you do it my friend. Good on ya;)

Pete

Ped, my comment of credibility had nothing to do with Offroad. We've had good conversation here and on pm's. If he feels it was directed at him, I apologize to him for that. My comment was about the manufacturer. His reasons for the problems changes day to day, that is the lack of credibility I refer to. I would speak to Kevin directly if that was possible to resolve this. But that's probably not an option due to time zones & languages. It's the cost of doing business internationally.

Offroad is only the messenger, and like they say here, "don't shoot the messenger".

As for DHL, I have much info from them about both shipments. But I will not post it here. I pm'd Offroad with most of it. So that is why the story I post here appears incomplete.

I will edit the earlier thread as DHL provides info to me so we can all play along; unless it gets locked.

But I offer Kevin this out if he wants to take it, when he gets tired of all this, he can just cancel my order and refund the purchase price minus $30. The $30 will cover his first attempt to ship since no one seems to know what happened. DHL says one thing, he says another. I'm sure he can resell the lasers, they are nothing special; 2-300mw HL's, a tripod, and some diff caps. Offroad has my pp info if Kevin wants to take that route.

But for now I will 'chill'. It appears that is the thing everyone wants me to do.

Z

Hey Z i am not feeling acused of anything don't worry.

But the one thing i still don't get is why you are so busy with the credebility of laserbtb when it is me who is judging that for all the people participating, not only you. If you dont get your products, it is me that kicks kevin in the ass for it. And i have been doing that for a while now and kevin really takes me serious. Then again i bring him cash for with GB's. I have contact with this person for multiple years now. He has allways come through.

And the moment he doesn't i will ask the money back. And if he refuses i have even more trick up my sleeve. But it will never come to that.

Also don't take all the answers from DHL. They were wrong the last time and they could be again. The fact is your lasers are coming your way. With some delay which is offcourse a bad thing but it can happen.

Why do you speak of a refund when the products you orders are allready shipped with a new tracking number?

Understand the frustration.
Also think Robin is a nutcase for still hosting these things:) +REP for somehow hangin' in there through 5 GBs! Don't know how you do it my friend. Good on ya;)

Pete

Lol thanks PED and Pete for the support. Support is keeping me strong with these GB's :wave:

Robin

10/14/14

The moment the LPF world has been waiting for has arrived ...... Zathras finally got his lasers.

At 15:00 EDT, DHL dropped them off.

They made it. And in 1 piece too. One of the boxes looked like someone stepped on it, but the internal black box and most importantly, the laser was ok.

I haven't gotten around to lpming them, but I don't think there is any problem as they both seem very bright. I realize 'bright' means nothing, but compared to my 150's they seem 'brighter'.

So all is good.