Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Automatic Picture Size Limit

I'm not sure if this is feasible, but is it possible to automatically re-size linked pictures to a specific size, if they exceed normal size?

I've see this done elsewhere but have no idea how it works.

I do it all the time on ImageShack and it can be done with the picture editor on your computer, it's not automatic though.

Merry Christmas :san:

That's just it though.

You do it.

I also do it when I personally upload images.

The problem is, often times a very large image is linked to, that does not appear as large, because elsewhere it is automatically resized for view.

I'm wondering if maybe there is an automatic option like that somewhere in vbulletin.

As it stands, if you link to an image, only way to resize it, would be to download, manually re-size it, upload it, and re-link.

It's not a bit deal at all, but it would stop the "Your picture is to big" issue.

Blord

I always edit my own photo's before I put them on the net. I have more handling on photo's than resize them. Cropping, Color balance, Contrast, Sharpening and little brush :).
So resizing them isn't enough but it is the most annoying part if you don't do it.

I always edit my own photo's before I put them on the net. I have more handling on photo's than resize them. Cropping, Color balance, Contrast, Sharpening and little brush :).
So resizing them isn't enough but it is the most annoying part if you don't do it.

Yes, but again, YOU do the editing before uploading your own pictures.

Often times pictures are linked to, that you don't upload, and whose apparent size far, far exceeds what is normally acceptable.

There's javascript code specifically for this that resizes the picture automatically if it is too large to display depending on the size of the user's window. I know vbulletin has this option/extension.

There's javascript code specifically for this that resizes the picture automatically if it is too large to display depending on the size of the user's window. I know vbulletin has this option/extension.

That would be awesome :D Didn't realize it was java based though.

I just resize the pics I upload.. It only takes seconds to do.
It's not a big deal unless one is so busy that one would have
no time to do it...
Then I would guess one would also not have time to visit
and post on the Forum.. :san:

Jerry

You can contact us at any time on our Website: J.BAUER Electronics

I just resize the pics I upload.. It only takes seconds to do.
It's not a big deal unless one is so busy that one would have
no time to do it...
Then I would guess one would also not have time to visit
and post on the Forum.. :san:

Wow, you must be the fastest guy on the forum!

To me it seemed like you had to;

1. Save picture,
2. Create file name,
3. Edit picture,
4. Log into your choice of image host,
5. Upload picture,
6. Re-link it.

So yeah, not that much of an effort, but it does take time, and comes up all the time with members linking to pictures elsewhere, where they appear smaller.

ARG

It doesn't take that long IMO, unless it's a lot of photos, I just open up in paint (Faster than PhotoShop for small jobs) crop if need be, resize than save it. Upload to imgur then & that's it. (Imgur is without a doubt the fastest and easiest upload for photo's)

It doesn't take long, but I think this would be mainly advantageous for noobs who post their 11MP pictures and don't resize them. :banghead:

Last edited:

ARG

2008-06-03-JavaJavascipt.jpg

:crackup: You guys will note, I admit to knowing nothing about this... :p just think it might be a cool feature to have, and worth it, if it's easy to implement.

Last edited:
imgur hosts them for you in original resolution, and 800x600. And it doesn't require an account. And it does bulk uploads.

Last edited: