Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Assistance appreciated!

adam1

Gotta say that I am loving this. The bit about the gravity almost had me laughing out loud. Personally I 100% believe that there is other life out there and it is almost arrogant to believe otherwise. But Dave seems to have taken it to the next level. I'm looking forward to hearing more from him.

Btw... there are plenty of ways to create anti gravity...
Scientists so far have been able to lift small objects using vibrations of sound
Which in a way is also anti gravity

So to say that anti gravity does not exist and never will is false...
Just because we do not have the ability now doesn't mean another inteligent species doesn't have it...

Just because it seems scifi doesn't mean it will never exist...
May i remind you that mobile phones once where a product of science fiction.... as were flat screen tv's... Ipads... And many more object we now have in our daily life... all came from science fiction movies.

Mobile phones for example were inspired by startrek
So just because an idea seems to far fetched now doesn't mean it will be in the near future... you'd be surprised by what scientists now claim is possible given the right technology which we do not have at this time(or so they want you to believe)

adam1

I'm not attacking the idea of antigravity .I do believe that there are many things that one day will be common that we see today as impossible. I was just having a laugh at the false equivalencies he uses when trying to back up his ideas about gravity.

I'm not attacking the idea of antigravity .I do believe that there are many things that one day will be common that we see today as impossible. I was just having a laugh at the false equivalencies he uses when trying to back up his ideas about gravity.

in that case i misunderstood you... my apologies

Trevor

Btw... there are plenty of ways to create anti gravity...
Scientists so far have been able to lift small objects using vibrations of sound
Which in a way is also anti gravity

Lifting an object with sound makes sound antigravity?

Does lifting an airplane with lift-generating wings make wings antigravity?

Does jumping make my legs antigravity?

In all of the cases above, an object being lifted by some force was still being acted upon by gravity. In order for something to qualify as "anti-gravity," it has to stop gravitational force acting upon an object, not simply act against gravity with a second force.

Gravity is a consequence of the curvature of spacetime; to actually free an object from that force, you have to modify the fabric of spacetime or remove the object from it entirely.

I'm not saying it's not possible and we'll never have it - I'm saying that it has a very specific definition that, with our current understanding of physics, would be very hard for a device to satisfy. :)

Relevant wikipedia:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gravity

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antigravity

Trevor

Last edited:
Lifting an object with sound makes sound antigravity?

Does lifting an airplane with lift-generating wings make wings antigravity?

Does jumping make my legs antigravity?

In all of the cases above, an object being lifted by some force was still being acted upon by gravity. In order for something to qualify as "anti-gravity," it has to stop gravitational force acting upon an object, not simply act against gravity with a second force.

Gravity is a consequence of the curvature of spacetime; to actually free an object from that force, you have to modify the fabric of spacetime or remove the object from it entirely.

I'm not saying it's not possible and we'll never have it - I'm saying that it has a very specific definition that, with our current understanding of physics, would be very hard for a device to satisfy. :)

Relevant wikipedia:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gravity

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antigravity

Trevor

Such technology isn't yet available... this is just experimentation to see if it will actually be possible to achieve anti gravity
But this does show that even with our limited technology and understanding we are pretty far already..
Personally i don't think it will be very long before we unlock the secrets to such technology if you see what we have achieved so far in a reletively short period of time.

You can create an anti-gravity effect by two large opposing magnetic fields. There is some type of magnetic plane which is manifested, which then interacts with gravity. Boyd Bushman, a former senior scientist for lockheed demonstrated this by using 2 $5000 neodymium magnets clamped together and dropping it off a building. He also stated that there was evidence by way of the separation of galaxies.

Dr. Greer basically came up with this CE5 human initiated contact. There's no doubt in my mind that others are here, they've been here longer than us, some of them actually had a hand in creating us, yes there's more than one type coming here. I'm not sure about this CE5 contact stuff, but here's some videos found on youtube-

Trevor

You can create an anti-gravity effect by two large opposing magnetic fields.

An "antigravity effect" is not the same as "antigravity."

Aircraft fly using an "antigravity effect." It's more commonly known as "lift."

I'd love to read the published scientific papers on the subject of Bushman's experiment, if you can provide links. :)

Trevor

An "antigravity effect" is not the same as "antigravity."

Aircraft fly using an "antigravity effect." It's more commonly known as "lift."

I'd love to read the published scientific papers on the subject of Bushman's experiment, if you can provide links. :)

Trevor

Of course you know Lockheed Martin, as well as the rest of the military contractors don't make proprietary information available to the public. He does describe the experiment in this video here - What he describes in some radio interviews is much more interesting.. :) You can search google patents for some of his other inventions.

Trevor

...so what you're saying is there's no peer-reviewed, published material from any scientist that was able to reproduce his experiment?

Trevor

...so what you're saying is there's no peer-reviewed, published material from any scientist that was able to reproduce his experiment?

Trevor

Most likely most that can reproduce it work for the government and therefor have to keep their mouths shut..
And those that can but don't work for the government will be discredited or even thrown in jail or murdered if they even think about making this public information...

The government doesn't treat whistleblowers that nicely...

Alright, Dave, I've had enough of playing nice. Going to respond to everything wrong with both of your posts.

One of your main arguments is that aliens have control of and exist in the entire EM spectrum. This is fundamentally flawed. Everything complex in this universe exists in one state of matter or another. Planck noted about a century ago that all matter, depending on its temperature, emits electromagnetic waves. The frequency of the waves are related in a rather complex manner to the temperature of the body. Everything emits in the deep IR and even into the microwave/radiowave spectrum. That means that your aliens will as well. [Planck, M. (1914). The Theory of Heat Radiation. Masius, M. (transl.) (2nd ed.).]

Lets consider another part: that the aliens are oscillating at the frequency of these light waves. From a simple physical model of this phenomenon, it is simple to show that the forces exerted on the mass ("alien") would be torn apart. You don't seem to understand how fast the oscillations are. Anything that has mass would be utterly destroyed if it attempted to move that fast. [Would add a citation but there are no papers on this because it would be so utterly destructive. I can do the calculations if you wish later.]

Another of your points is that several things can move faster than light. Modern understanding of physics shows that this is patently false. UV, X-rays, and gamma rays all move at exactly the speed of light because they are light. [Schaefer, BE (1999). "Severe limits on variations of the speed of light with frequency". Physical Review Letters 82 (25): 4964–6.] Zero-point energy (thought or whatever) cannot for the reasons stated above (thought is manifested by interactions between neurons, etc.). Contrary to what others have said above, gravity actually is transmitted at the speed of light, but no faster [Chinese scientists find evidence for speed of gravity, astrowatch.com, 12/28/12.]. Your argument about a black hole is misinformed: gravity doesn't escape from a black hole - rather, the black hole's gravity is due to a distortion in space-time. Imagine the all-famous rubber sheet. If you lifted a black-hole off of the sheet instantly, the "ripple" of gravity would travel at the speed of light. This has been measured empirically. [http://theness.com/roguesgallery/index.php/skepticism/how-does-gravity-escape-a-black-hole/]

The MagLev isn't actually anti-gravity, as Trevor mentioned. It's simply a force opposing gravity. It doesn't remove gravity's effects. It simply opposes them with a more powerful magnetic force. This is seen whenever you stick a magnet to a refrigerator! Why doesn't it fall? Not because of anti-gravity, but because the magnetic force is significantly stronger than gravity. [Kind of obvious.]

Transmitting energy wirelessly, using the method Tesla used, doesn't use vacuum energy at all. It uses the process of electrostatic induction. All he does is generate high-power radio waves (i.e. powerful, high frequency AC signal), and boom - there you go. Transmitted electricity. [Martin, T. C., & Tesla, N. (1894). Inventions, Researches and Writings of Nikola Tesla, with special reference to his work in polyphase currents and high potential lighting. New York: The Electrical Engineer. Page 188.]

Regarding your UFO rods: I've looked those up before, actually. Saw a special on them. I did further reading and found they had been thoroughly debunked. They are simply insects/birds/whatevers that are moving too fast for the camera's shutter to not blur them. [http://www.amsky.com/ufos/rods/]

Again, the argument that other realities exist in other wavelengths just doesn't make sense. All matter is perceptible by all wavelengths. Simply put, something either emits/reflects light or it doesn't. If it does, we perceive it. If it doesn't, we see it as black. And we don't see a bunch of black UFOs flying around.

Since you cannot prove the wormhole bit, I won't even respond to it because you can't back it up.

Please respond to each of my arguments individually instead of just calling them false. Also, add citations.

Trevor

A lack of scientific papers on the subject proves that this magnet-induced "antigravity" effect exists?

Does a lack of scientific papers on God prove that God exists?

There's no scientific papers written about my amazing superpowers, either. That just means the government is trying to cover them up! :)

Now, for science:

There's an effect that "antigravity" enthusiasts like to call "lenz levitation," an effect produced when a magnetic field induced in a coil of wire by passing a current through it will repel certain metals and diamagnetic materials.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magnetic_levitation

It's got plenty of scientific papers written about it. And it's NOT antigravity.

With particular regard to Bushman:

Magnets repel each other because of opposing electron spin. This charge has nothing to do with gravity whatsoever. If this effect did exist, it would have been proven by backyard "antigravity" enthusiasts hundreds of times in the last few decades.

Bushman seems a crackpot old fool that still craves attention in his retirement.

EDIT: This video just gets better and better... he thinks that gravity has a magnetic component. :crackup:

Trevor

Last edited:
You can create anti gravity purely by putting a piece of toast butter side up an a cats back and push it off a table. As cats always land on their feet and buttered toast lands butter side down, it will levitate in mid air acting against gravity :)

Cat_toast_swirl.gif

Trevor
You won't find any published material on proprietary technology from the military period. That would nullify the whole point of developing better technology than the enemy, and gaining those advantages. The F117 was developed in the 1970's and was only made known in the 90's, and even today is classified as a grey program, being that the signature characteristics are still classified to this day. As far as mainstream scientists, how many even know about this experiment, let alone are willing to spend 10k on this experiment?

A lack of scientific papers on the subject proves that this magnet-induced "antigravity" effect exists?

Does a lack of scientific papers on God prove that God exists?

There's no scientific papers written about my amazing superpowers, either. That just means the government is trying to cover them up! :)

Now, for science:

I believe what Bushman was referring to was what "antigravity" enthusiasts like to call "lenz levitation," an effect produced when a magnetic field induced in a coil of wire by passing a current through it will repel certain metals and diamagnetic materials.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magnetic_levitation

It's got plenty of scientific papers written about it. And it's NOT antigravity.

Trevor

I understand about the lenz law, but I think it goes a little deeper than that. I believe he can't just come out and give you the answer, but he is giving clues by telling people to study the lenz law effect, because there is something happening there which people have missed. You should see the relation, the magnetic field inducing the opposite field in the aluminum, ie two opposing fields.. The lenz law doesn't explain why the rock fell at a reduced rate.

This is the only "semi" replication I could find, semi being that the magnets were no where near the strength that Bushman used.
Scroll to 5:48

Last edited:

Trevor

You should see the relation, the magnetic field inducing the opposite field in the aluminum, ie two opposing fields.. The lenz law doesn't explain why the rock fell at a reduced rate.

That test in the video needs a mechanical release method that is properly timed. A drop test using human hands is so massively unscientific it makes me cringe. See additional explanation of why in post #66.

Time for some physics up in here.

Experiment A: When you drop a magnet down a copper pipe, it will fall more slowly.

Explanation A: The magnet is inducing eddy currents in the copper pipe, because it is conductive. These eddy currents oppose the field exerted by the magnet, and exert a weak upward force on the magnet. Thus, it is slowed as it falls. This is NOT antigravity; the force acting upon the magnet is simply acting against gravity.

Experiment B: When you bolt two magnets together when they repel each other, they fall at the same rate as anything else.

Explanation B: There is no outside force acting on the magnets, so they will fall at the exact same rate as a rock. The magnets are exerting great force on each other, but in Bushman's experiment there is no outside force that will cause the magnets to fall more slowly. The force present in the two-magnet system being dropped is akin to the force present in a system where two metal plates are bolted together and a bottle jack is placed between them and tensioned; it would fall at the same rate as a rock.

No matter the opposition of the magnets, Earth will still exert a force equal to the mass times the acceleration due to gravity. In the case of a magnet dropped down a pipe, an opposite force cancels some of the force due to Earth's gravity, causing the magnet to accelerate more slowly. In the case of two opposing magnets dropped from a height, there is no outside force and the magnets will accelerate and fall at the expected rate.

Magnetism and gravity are entirely independent.

Trevor

Last edited: