Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Array Diode

At least it is less dangerous than 40 watts of 808nm IR like I have, can't even see it, no blink response, although at 40 plus watts of blue light, it won't matter if you blink or not.

At least it is less dangerous than 40 watts of 808nm IR like I have, can't even see it, no blink response, although at 40 plus watts of blue light, it won't matter if you blink or not.

Well, the IR are much more dangerous than those "beam" is visible ! with a powerful laser IR ruin the view in a few seconds, and for always ! the IR call them rays, silent but deadly . Anyway, I disassembled the projector, and I left only the link to its power supply and to the blocking diode ,I first turned it on and it was beautiful seemed to see the lady that the beam spread of a blue intense and full-bodied ! of course I have put a safe distance!!!!!!

dont know where you are from---any good reason to leave that out of your profile? I would like to know so I can stay MANY MILES away from you... why repeat something another has already done??-- just what would you do with such a laser??

With your experience I see a bad accident waiting to happen. Styro has YEARS of experience with such lasers-- and still has his eyesight BECAUSE he started slowly-- and worked his way up to these insane powers-- MOST here would never attempt or want to build such a laser. You don't seem to really take all this seriously.... I will pray you do not harm yourself or others. "safe distance"? hah!

Last edited:
dont know where you are from---any good reason to leave that out of your profile? I would like to know so I can stay MANY MILES away from you... why repeat something another has already done??-- just what would you do with such a laser??

With your experience I see a bad accident waiting to happen. Styro has YEARS of experience with such lasers-- and still has his eyesight BECAUSE he started slowly-- and worked his way up to these insane powers-- MOST here would never attempt or want to build such a laser. You don't seem to really take all this seriously.... I will pray you do not harm yourself or others. "safe distance"? hah!

I thank you for your interest , I will pay attention ! on the contrary ,instead of a single power , them build 1 at a time ! as well as those that you can see on the LPF as of today I have made already 3 ! Anyway, I'm going to update my profile , and I will insert the avatar ! I come from Italy ! and I live in Italy ! p.s. I don't copy anyone ! one of Styropyro was just my inspiration for not wanting to copy it ! I do not like to copy ! there is no taste of fun !

Edited:

If you think some of us are being tough on you, try contacting a laser manufacturer to buy high power parts, if they sniff out you aren't a professional, they won't even talk to you. While I say that and agree with the cautions you are receiving, I think you can be OK if you go slow, always wear safety glasses and don't let anyone near you when using this laser without also having safety goggles on too. Shooting a high power 1 watt laser pointer is dangerous too, just this high power project is a lot more dangerous due to the distance it can go before loosing power through spreading or divergence.

Last edited:
If you think some of us are being tough on you, try contacting a laser manufacturer to buy high power parts, if they sniff any amount of ignorance regarding lasers or that you aren't a professional, they won't even talk to you. While I say that and agree with the cautions you are receiving, I think you can be OK if you go slow, always wear safety glasses and don't let anyone near you when using this laser without also having safety goggles on too. Shooting a high power 1 watt laser pointer is dangerous too, just a lot more dangerous at higher powers due to the distance it can go before loosing power through spreading or divergence.

I never thought of ! on the contrary I appreciate your advice ! and I treasure it ! in order to increase my cultural knowledge in the field of laser!

One last caution from me, laser safety goggles are meant to help keep you from reflections harming you, or an accidental exposure, but a direct hit into the glasses with this thing and the laser can melt right through them.

A direct hit isn't going to be instant . And if you do stare at it long enough for it to melt its way though your doing something very wrong : P

Ya, agree.

E: If he ever builds this thing and I find a used pair of OD 7 safety glasses for that wavelength, I would be happy to send them to him for a test with a LPM behind the glasses, be interesting to see how much power gets through over what period of time before it burns through.

Last edited:
One last caution from me, laser safety goggles are meant to help keep you from reflections harming you, or an accidental exposure, but a direct hit into the glasses with this thing and the laser can melt right through them.

It is true the rebound effect ! I wear and wear safety glasses ! :beer:

Ya, agree.

E: If he ever builds this thing and I find a used pair of OD 7 safety glasses for that wavelength, I would be happy to send them to him for a test with a LPM behind the glasses, be interesting to see how much power gets through over what period of time before it burns through.

Very interesting test ! certainly put ,a joke ! :tsk:

No, I better reword: if you want to do the test I'd pay for or send you some OD 7 rated laser glasses to see how fast the laser drills through the plastic. Would be interesting to know. If a laser power meter were put behind the glasses, you could then see how fast power can get through as the plastic is degraded due to melting.

No, I better reword: if you want to do the test I'd pay for or send you some OD 7 rated laser glasses to see how fast the laser drills through the plastic. Would be interesting to know. If a laser power meter were put behind the glasses, you could then see how fast power can get through as the plastic is degraded due to melting.

Ah ...sorry I misunderstood ! well I'd like to see me this test ! but unfortunately I have glasses I have them but the LPM no, I think it is hard to find here in Italy, sale!!! it is easier to find it there for you ! here we are in arrears !

Harder for me where I'm at, I'm in Iraq, someday I will be done with my job here and go home.