Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Argon Questions?

GooeyGus said:
...... There are a couple pins on the PSU that you measure voltage between to get your tube current but I cant remember which pins they are....

Anybody??

daguin

KGB_Productions said:
......what if I put it back in place BUT remove the lens.....??? then it can still "see" the light but it would be brighter?

It can't see the light unless the beam splitter splits part of the beam off and shines it into the photodiode.

Peace,
dave

are you saying that I shouldn't be able to see the beam unless the photodiode ass. is in place?

daguin

KGB_Productions said:
are you saying that I shouldn't be able to see the beam unless the photodiode ass. is in place?

No.  Sorry.  The photodiode can't "see" it.  My comment was in response to this question . . .

......what if I put it back in place BUT remove the lens.....??? then it can still "see" the light but it would be brighter?

What you are calling the lens is the beam splitter.  If you remove the "lens" it cannot split off any of the beam to divert it to the photodiode.  If none of the light is diverted to the photodiode [highlight]it [/highlight]cannot "see" any light.  It cannot "see" light just shining past it.  The light must shine ON it.

Peace,
dave

Measure voltage between pins 26 and 27 on the remote interface receptacle.

the calibration is .1V per A of tube current. 1.0V = 10A .396V = 3.96A etc etc

Its 8.2A with the photodiode removed.....does this mean that its safe to fun like this since it inst going balls out

daguin

KGB_Productions said:
Its 8.2A with the photodiode removed.....does this mean that its safe to fun like this since it inst going balls out

It's a little higher than I run mine for long periods (~7A), but that should be fine.

Peace,
dave

if you really want to see 'full power' wire it up for current mode and crank it to 10A. It's not really advisable to run it at 10A for long periods of time, but it's at least cool to see what the laser can do.

I dont have the manual....how would I go about that???

BEAMSHOTS:
488nm-?mw
532nm-15mw
405nm-130mw

Attachments

• IMG_1298.jpg
    IMG_1298.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 152
KGB_Productions said:
When I received this it has pins 12&13  and 31&32 connected....can Anybody say what this does?

Two of the pins joined enables light mode, which allows you to use the potentiometer on the front of the PSU. If you wire it for current mode, you'll need to wire in your own potentiometer but it's pretty easy. I'll post the details soon

The other two pins are just an interlock that needs to be satisfied.

Just ran this through some scanners using FS bounce mirrors instead of the "craft" mirrors I was using while the photodiode was removed.... ;D

SOOOOO PRETTY