Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Are you serious ?

1zslyr.png
:crackup: :crackup: :crackup:

I like the one that says 40 hours of run time. I especially like the part about how it fails to say it reduces output power continuously to get that run time.

It's Wicked, what else do you expect?

Man.... where you been...
Someone posted about them buying a LPM and
offering Power certificates lat week...

They better have videos of those tests or it's another
lying tactic from WL... Opps I spoke too soon...

1zslyr.png

I just noticed that they are now claiming 100% above
spec
... that means that a 1000mW Crapton will now
be meter certified at 2000mW

Yeah Steve and twice on Sunday...

Jerry

Last edited:
I'm sure they mean 100% of the lasers are above spec, not each laser is 100% above the specified power. Either way it's doubtful the claim is true.

AnthoT

:crackup: they made a typo saying 100% above when they clearly meant 100% of the time below spec.

-Anthony

They are just changing the verbiage of their advertising. Their products haven't changed. Seems completely within reason that they could LPM each laser and be well within any stated claims their advertising may make.

They are just changing the verbiage of their advertising. Their products haven't changed. Seems completely within reason that they could LPM each laser and be well within any stated claims their advertising may make.

They can't possibly be well within any stated claims..

They claim 100% above spec on the $999.95 +750mW
Krapton Laser.
As I read it that would be a +1500mW Laser according
to WL...

More BS to hoodwink the unsuspecting and un informed
new to Lasers Buyer..

Jerry

They can't possibly be well within any stated claims..

They claim 100% above spec on the $999.95 +750mW
Krapton Laser.
As I read it that would be a +1500mW Laser according
to WL...

More BS to hoodwink the unsuspecting and un informed
new to Lasers Buyer..

Jerry
I think you're the minority that's reading it that way. I'm reading it as they are 100% meaning always over spec.
They may be lying. But it seems they are making an effort to stay on the more legit side of "the line" with their products and marketing practices as of recently.

Also while I believe the "elusive" information tactics on these forums help keep a lot of powerful lasers out of ignorant hands it also prevents people from getting a lot of easily accessible information that may make them make a more informed opinion about suppliers like wicked lasers.
People want to know about lasers, come here, get shit on, then see wicked lasers and say screw it mine as well just buy that.

I think you're the minority that's reading it that way. I'm reading it as they are 100% meaning always over spec.
They may be lying. But it seems they are making an effort to stay on the more legit side of "the line" with their products and marketing practices as of recently.

Also while I believe the "elusive" information tactics on these forums help keep a lot of powerful lasers out of ignorant hands it also prevents people from getting a lot of easily accessible information that may make them make a more informed opinion about suppliers like wicked lasers.
People want to know about lasers, come here, get shit on, then see wicked lasers and say screw it mine as well just buy that.

I'm well informed on Lasers and I too sell items on the Internet.
I read it as it was written. If the text is ambiguous that is again
the fault of WL not mine.

You seem to be the minority that reads it THAT way...

That still remains to be seen....

Not quite sure of what you are trying to say... perhaps you
could clear that up...

You'll need to explain that as well...

BTW... have you read these tidbits of info recently...:thinking:

39 Reasons NOT to Buy From Wicked Lasers

Jerry

Last edited:

Stix62

I think you're the minority that's reading it that way. I'm reading it as they are 100% meaning always over spec......

That would work if it didn't say... '100% above spec, 100% of the time'

Why would they say it twice? :D

I'm well informed on Lasers and I too sell items on the Internet.
I read it as it was written. If the text is ambiguous that is again
the fault of WL not mine.

You seem to be the minority that reads it THAT way...
I think anyone with a bit of math sense and reasoning would see that they wouldn't sell lasers at different price points that are 25-50% stronger then the laser at the above price point.

That still remains to be seen....

Not quite sure of what you are trying to say... perhaps you
could clear that up...

You'll need to explain that as well...

Have you seen how the forum in general acts towards most new people?

BTW... have you read these tidbits of info recently...:thinking:

39 Reasons NOT to Buy From Wicked Lasers

I been following wicked since months before their pre orders. Even had a pre order. And read the thread above. I'm well versed on the subject.

Jerry
(responded in the quote under colored text with plain text)
I think you guys are overly biased and enjoy giving wicked shit for anything. In the process you might be quick to judge and over look the true meaning of something do to your personal opinion.

That would work if it didn't say... '100% above spec, 100% of the time'

Why would they say it twice? :D
I don't think English is their first language. Not saying that's a good excuse. Chinese sites have a bad habit of making typos on key points and it's frustrating. But I doubt it was intentional and meant to enforce the "always over spec" guarantee.

Last edited:
I think he is ignoring me now, but I will update if he writes back. This took place in the chat in the lower right after you browse for a few minutes.

Scott: Hi, thanks for visiting, please let me know if you have any questions.

me: please confirm for me that if I buy a 1000 mW krypton it WILL be >2000mW
Your ad on laserpointerforums.com says "100% above spec, 100% of the time" as seen here http://i39.tinypic.com/1zslyr.png

Scott: I'm sorry but no...
the highest S3 krypton is 750mW to <1000mW

me: The ad clearly states otherwise. The ad says that the lasers will be double their rated power 100% of the time

Scott: could you please post a link to the ad?

me: 1 minute
http://laserpointerforums.com/lpf-powergraph.jpg

Scott: I see

me: as seen at the bottom of this page http://laserpointerforums.com/f39/12x-405nm-475mw-kryton-purple-marble-120-a-72504.html

Scott: It means that the power will be greater than what is stated
thank you for posting the link

me: 100% above spec implies that it will be double. If it said "Above spec 100% of the time" that would imply that all of them were above the rated power

Scott: what our marketing people meant to say that if the laser was supposed to be 150mW what you would receive would be 150mW+

me: I assume that is what they meant, but that is not what they said. In addition, I see very few Wicked Lasers lasers come in at spec. Thus, the 1 watt krypton is now the 750mW+ krypton

Scott: actually that was why everything was renamed to show what the guaranteed power was

me: Do you guys still do the find an error on our site, get a free 5mW core?

Then he ended our chat session

Last edited:
Digital,
Are you a shill for Wicked Lasers?
Based upon a majority of experience by members of LPF (including me), the consensus of the forum is that WL is not prone to unintentional typo's, they are just a bunch of thieves.

(responded in the quote under colored text with plain text)
I think you guys are overly biased and enjoy giving wicked shit for anything. In the process you might be quick to judge and over look the true meaning of something do to your personal opinion.

I don't think English is their first language. Not saying that's a good excuse. Chinese sites have a bad habit of making typos on key points and it's frustrating. But I doubt it was intentional and meant to enforce the "always over spec" guarantee.

1. The forum tends to open people who want to learn and research with open arms. It's the lazy, self entitled jackasses who expect to be spoon fed every bit of information, and then get offended when they are told to SEARCH that get jumped on.

2. WL has plenty of native english speakers on staff.

Bottom line is they f*cked up yet again with that ad. If I was a WL customer I would file a not as advertised dispute.