Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Are you armed with a laser pointer?

Hemlock Mike said:
Hey guys -- Rock and Roll is fun ---

Lets keep this to lasers.  MG in "Other" might be OK.  Been there.  I shot a bunch and have a 50 !!

Mike

Sorry. Will do. ;)

vcw

electron said:
[quote author=vcw link=1219687799/40#41 date=1219703989]Cool, which MicroTech model do you have?
I collect those, so I have numerous ones; my favorite carry is the UT6 D/E and sometimes I switch to the Scarab D/E Executive, my least favorite I have is the Troodon.
[/quote]
Whoa!!! Nice collection!!
Got any pictures?

RattleHead said:
[quote author=electron link=1219687799/40#43 date=1219705394]Those are fun too, but the AK47 with a drum will outperform the M16 in adverse conditions any day; but for sport I still choose for Nostalgic purposes I guess, The Tommy Gun is a blast.  Anyone that has fired all of these, always comes away with an acute passion for the Tommy Gun; but hey I love the workmanship of the Colt too, there just is something about a Tommy Gun; harder and harder to find these days though.  Have you tried a .50cal yet? they pack an awesome punch......They're all really sweet though....gotta admit that.
I've never owned or fired a Tommy gun. They do look like fun though.

Yep, AK-47s are definitely more reliable in adverse conditions due to the loose tolerances they're built with. You can toss one in the mud and it'll usually come out firing. Although the newer M16/AR-15 is pretty reliable aswell. It had some issues when it was first deployed in Vietnam, but those were due to bad ammo and the lack of a chrome lined barrel. Those problems were fixed long ago. I've owned a couple of AKs and they're very nice rifles (depending on which variation and brand you get), but for what I do I'll stick with the AR-15. There is no comparison when it comes to build quality and especially accuracy (atleast with the Colts, Armalites, and Bushmasters). AR-15 wins hands down.

I've never fired a .50 cal.. Looks like fun though!

Actually, my uncle owns the new AR-15, an M16, and a newer model Russian AK-47 (he is in the military). Actually, i have found the AK-47 a lot better and simpler in build quality. He was showing me how to clean his M16, and when we took it apart, the parts took up all the space on a large table! It has a lot of little tiny springs and screws everywhere! So much things can go wrong, and they jam quite easily. I have also shot from both guns, and the AK has more recoil, and not as accurate. But, it is alot more reliable for sandy/muddy terrain and such. M16s can get jammed in sand very easily.

Also, who cares about accuracy when you are spraying bullets at the enemy? As long as it goes in the general direction ;D

Actually, my uncle owns the new AR-15, an M16, and a newer model Russian AK-47 (he is in the military). Actually, i have found the AK-47 a lot better and simpler in build quality. He was showing me how to clean his M16, and when we took it apart, the parts took up all the space on a large table! It has a lot of little tiny springs and screws everywhere! So much things can go wrong, and they jam quite easily. I have also shot from both guns, and the AK has more recoil, and not as accurate. But, it is alot more reliable for sandy/muddy terrain and such. M16s can get jammed in sand very easily.

Also, who cares about accuracy when you are spraying bullets at the enemy? As long as it goes in the general direction ;D

Simpler, maybe a little. Better? Nah.. Gotta disagree on that one. Anyway, we'll write that off as a difference of opinion since we need to get back on topic. ;)

I have my keychain laser with me literally everywhere I go because it's actually on my keychain (wierd, I know)! When I go most places that aren't work, I have one of my other lasers with me, generally either my yellow or blue.

I carry my DX true 30 all the time in my front right pocket, Left front pocket I carry car keys, Back pockets, one get the wallet and one gets teh money and phone

Oh, and as for the knife thing; since I'm in the Army, I carry either a Ka Bar or a Gerber multitool with me everywhere, it's what's expected.

If I'm going to carry a laser around with me it would need to be of decent power; as of now all I have are a couple of 5mw and less pointers - both red and green, and then there's my Pulsar and Fusion. The first two just don't pack enough power to be worth taking up space in my purse. The Pulsar is a good match lighter but visibly not too impressive. I don't like to carry my Fusion because being that it is a collector's item (one of 3 hand-engraved CNI lasers that WL gave away in a contest a couple years ago or so) if anything were to happen to it or it gets stolen or I lose it - that's it!

I did used to carry my 95mw CNI greenie around sometimes; but I sold that one a while ago. So I really don't have an appropriate laser to carry with me on a regular basis. However, when I get my yellow laser I might just carry that one around for a while because it's so unusual.....most average people probably have never seen a yellow pointer!

I'm just waiting for that day when a guy tries to pull a knife on me and I have to blind him with my laser. I'm guessing no one has any similar story to share?

Razako

All of my powerful lasers are too big(and expensive) to carry around with me. I do usually carry around my Romisen L-BO30 which peaks at 40+mw in my pocket and I generally have some kind of knife. I also keep my 700+ lumen 3XQ5 solarforce flashlight under the seat in my car. The thing saved me a ton of trouble when I was driving home at night and got a flat tire.

Ace82

newoptics said:
:-?

jamilm9 said:
[quote author=Schrecken_Licht link=1219687799/40#55 date=1219722037]most average people probably have never seen a yellow pointer!
I've never seen one.[/quote]

The first one I'll see will be MINE! ;D

daguin

Ace82 said:
[quote author=newoptics link=1219687799/60#60 date=1219760107] :) ;)

jamilm9 said:
[quote author=Schrecken_Licht link=1219687799/40#55 date=1219722037]most average people probably have never seen a yellow pointer!

The first one I'll see will be MINE! ;D[/quote]

You can see <2mW this afternoon if you want . . . .

Peace,
dave

Ace82

daguin said:
[quote author=Ace82 link=1219687799/60#61 date=1219762196][quote author=newoptics link=1219687799/60#60 date=1219760107] :) ;)

jamilm9 said:

The first one I'll see will be MINE!  ;D[/quote]

You can see <2mW this afternoon if you want . . . .

Peace,
dave[/quote]

:mad: You had to correct me. ;D

Yeah, that sounds great! :)