Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Are OXlasers any good? Please advice.

What should I do?

• Return everything for a full refund and take my loss (shipping)

Votes: 5 83.3%
  • Return the blue laser for a replacement and keep the kit.

Votes: 1 16.7%

• Total voters
This is my first post please excuse my ignorance.

I have been on BLF and CPF for a while. Finally came over to the LPF.
Almost felt like upgraded lol..

Anyway, I have been researching lasers for quite a while.

Being the first laser, I went over to Aliexpress to see what's available.

OXlasers somehow caught my eye.

They have a true 4W (advertised as 5W) for $435 and a 3W (advertised as 4W) all tested with a laser power meter as shown on the listing.

oxlasers OX BX5 445nm 2000mw 5000mw burning focusable blue laser pointer (5 star caps) with safety glasses+Free Shipping-in Laser Pens from Computer & Office on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group

If the meter is correct, that's pretty cheap for a true 4W blue laser.

Anyone has any experience with OXlasers?

I opted to purchase the 3 laser kit - Aliexpress.com : Buy OXLasers OX RGB301 metal cased 3 in 1 focusable BURNING laser kit with 1000mw/2000mw blue laser light cigars EMS free shipping from Reliable laser chip suppliers on OXLasers's Online Official Flagship Store | Alibaba Group

Received it in the mail 2 days ago. I was having fun burning stuff in my backyard until the Blue 2W stopped working. I took the battery out to check and tested it with a different set of batteries. No luck so I started to examine it more closely, heard something rattling inside so I pulled at the foam that's holding the spring and a R13 resistor dropped out.
Looks like a bad solder job.
Contacted the company and was asked to return only the blue laser item back for a replacement (Not the whole kit)

I have a choice now..

1. Return everything for a full refund and take my loss (shipping)
2. Return the blue laser for a replacement and buy lasers here in the USA.

Found a company that will ship items back to China for $7.00 for the first lb and $4 for each additional lb so shipping cost is not an issue.

What do you guys think I should do?

Attached are some photos of it when it was working and after.

Attachments

• 20150509_220527.jpg
    20150509_220527.jpg
    127 KB · Views: 220
  • 20150509_220544.jpg
    20150509_220544.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 215
  • 20150509_220635.jpg
    20150509_220635.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 212
  • 20150510_142323.jpg
    20150510_142323.jpg
    123.8 KB · Views: 265
  • 20150510_141238.jpg
    20150510_141238.jpg
    139.3 KB · Views: 249
Last edited:

gozert

I suggest taking the refund and buying a good quality laser. There are way better lasers out there for the money you're spending.

Also, be sure to ship it with tracking.

Encap

Returning items to China is expensive if you want tracking to prove it was received. MAny times a vendor will give a partial refund without having to get the defective piece back. If you like the kit, maybe ask Ben Wang at OXLAsers to give you a good price on a replacement blue piece given your you received a defective one--email him a picture of the blue part and the resistor tha fell out. A replacement shipped to you from China will probably cost less than shipping the defective one to China by a guaranteed tracked delivery method such as Priority Express Mail Which cost $46.50 in flat rate padded bag. I would guess he would sell you a replacement for $20-$40--easier for him --easier for you. If he will do that then you can try taking apart the one you have and replacing the resistor--if you fix it then no need to buy the replacement , if you ruin it or can't fix it then buy the replacement.

If you simply don't want the kit return it for a refund and take the shipping loss.

Buying factory made high power lasers here in USA is not an alternative -- anything over 5mW is illegal to sell in USA and they are all made in China anyway.

Now that you kow what lasers are about---look into some good quality lasers and buy one is a better idea.
See: laserbtb
and JETLASERS.ORG

Last edited:
usually those kind of lasers on aliexpress are of very bad quality, u might get lucky getting a good one but usually u will feel ripped off as those lasers are just mass produced like crazy, there is no quality control and all the stupid sellers mark them as 4 or even 5W lasers which is total lie and nonsense and u dont even know who makes these damn lasers anyway. You will enjoy lasers alot more buying the good stuff, for a budget of around 100$ you can get a good deal and not junk like the one you bought..

Last edited:
I found a company here in San Gabriel Valley that will ship anything to China/HK/Taiwan for $7.00 for the 1st lb and $4.00 for each additional lb.
Link here

I actually do feel kinda of ripped off because the quality is not as good. The machining sub par compared to the Nitecores and Thrunites that I am used to.

have decided to return the whole thing... just not worth it.
The Green 100mw laser does not even have an IR filter.

Last edited:

Encap

I found a company here in San Gabriel Valley that will ship anything to China/HK/Taiwan for $7.00 for the 1st lb and $4.00 for each additional lb.
Link here

I actually do feel kinda of ripped off because the quality is not as good. The machining sub par compared to the Nitecores and Thrunites that I am used to.

have decided to return the whole thing... just not worth it.
The Green 100mw laser does not even have an IR filter.

Not many greens have an IR filter included. You can buy one for nominal cost on a laserbtb laser and they are always included on any JetLaser .

Good choice---they entire package is toy quality--get a good one.

Be careful of that shipper---call them to make sure they have tracking and confirmation of delivery on International shipments--I only see domestic tracking listed on their web site.

Last edited:
Just did some research on the shipper, not sure about it... so going to stick with USPS.
Looks like I have to pay up.
Ben did not want to do a partial refund. Wants me to send the whole kit back.
Thanks for the comments.

Encap

Just did some research on the shipper, not sure about it... so going to stick with USPS.
Thanks for the comments.

You can all the shipper and ask them whatever during normal business hours---still you have to get the package to them, USPS is easier. I think only Priority Mail Express has tracking with delivery confirmation in China---you can ask if regualr Priority Mail International does ---last time I used it it didn't

Am surprised Ben Wang did not offer a replace blue head at a reduced price.

Good luck with the return---ask Ben Wang what you should put on the customs declaration form and address to send it to---do not include batteries

Last edited:
Thanks for the comments.

I would def get tracking or better yet signature confirmation on your return. All too often many returned lasers somehow manage to "disappear" and leave you totally screwed. Its a bit more money but the peace of mind is worth every cent.

I've dealt with Ben in past OxLaser purchases. I have a 1.2W 445nm laser and a 200mw green laser. I've not had any problems with my lasers. . And have had them for nearly 2 years. Ben has always provided me with great customer service. These are not the proverbial cheap china pointers, or are they the quality of a custom build.

I've seen too many posts pushing OxLasers by new members, seems to be someone signing up just to advertise them here.

When making a first purchase of a high powered laser and your asking for advice do two things. Go through the search bar here on lpf and see if some one has bough from said company and what their review was like that will tell you two things a) if that company is any good at backing up their claims, and b) if their product is any good for that price. second is look to buy something from the B/S/T thread on lpf. The prices are better and the quality is usually a great deal better

I usually stick to the motto, "if it is too good to be true, it is." Addtitionally, "you get what you pay for."

Both here, and on Alli, I have seen posts about oxy lasers with respect to the seller "Ben" being a great guy and all. However, a 5 W or > laser fitting in such a small host? Magic heat sink...must be!

So, I will look on here as suggested.