Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Arctic's Open Source RGB Laser Host

BobMc

Thank you Bob. :)
It is in respect of the latest terror attacks that have happened here.
Those three dates correlate to the Westminster Bridge, Manchester Bombing and last nights London Bridge incident.
Hopefully terrorism and security is top priority in the campaigning process now.

So true, need people walk the walk, not just talk the talk. :knight:

BobMc

Yes. Politicians do too much 'talk the talk' for my liking.

When I was a kid, someone who'd talk the talk but not walk the walk, we use to have a word for someone like that. And it was "liar". Now they call it "misspeaking". Oh, how the world has changed. :banghead:

Last edited:
Looking great! He's going to love it. :drool:

Oh terrific, that's me. :D

I'm going to have to get a better camea to do this justice. Thanks a ton ArcticDude, looking great! And for all your hard work too. :worthy:

Also recommend to get small fogger with RGB, that will knock you out! :p

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
So true Bob. Anyway, I don't want to derail ArcticDude's amazing thread too much. Could moan about politicians, political correctness etc all day. I'm British, we are good at moaning. :p

Fog with that RGB would sure look wonderful in person. :)

Thanks for the update, looking so nice. Now I'm diffently going to have to get a better camera!

Tell Watchdog I appreciate him standing guard. Tell him I'll will be sending him a steak, ask him if he'd prefer Porterhouse or Sirloin? :)

P1130247_web2.jpg

BobMc

Also recommend to get small fogger with RGB, that will knock you out! :p

Shall do, should make some really great beam shots with my new camera.

Looking forward to taking them :)

So true Bob. Anyway, I don't want to derail ArcticDude's amazing thread too much. Could moan about politicians, political correctness etc all day. I'm British, we are good at moaning. :p

Fog with that RGB would sure look wonderful in person. :)

Understood, I can get long winded when I get on my soapbox. :D

Faithfulness in Watchdog too, he might just have earned a chewbone also. :)

Sorry guys being few days MIA, but I've been really busy with.. well Bob's RGB host.

Host assembly was much more harder task than I remembered. When I got my RGB build finished, I promised to my self that I'll have to do a few updates to controller mount etc.
just for making assembly easier but I was so thrilled about my RGB build and after few weeks I forgot to do that.

I also was a bit worried that all installed electronics are working and since Bob Laser unit was delivered straight to Bob's address I couldn't be sure if controllers work or not.
-Only option was dismantel my RGB and borrow my Opt Laser RGB unit for test that if Bob's host and electronics are fully functional and working.

And guess what??!
Bob's RGB host emitted it's first photons few minutes ago! What a feeling, huh. :wave:

export-1130282.jpg

export-1130285.jpg

export-1130286.jpg

export-1130292.jpg

export-1130295.jpg

export-1130298.jpg

export-1130301.jpg

Last edited:

BobMc

That is just awesome! :drool:
I am just so happy. My mouth is starting to salivate already :D

I am so sorry, had I thought about it, I would have had the rgb module sent straight to your house. I appreciate your willing to go the extra mile and dismantle yours, so you could check all the electronics in mine. And boy did you, those beam shots are fantastic! My heart started to skip a beat . :bowdown:

Man I appreciate your willingness so much! :)

Ps, do I get all those pretty colored wires too? :tinfoil: :D

Edit; that's a work of art. :)

Last edited:
That is just awesome! :drool:
I am just so happy. My mouth is starting to salivate already :D

I am so sorry, had I thought about it, I would have had the rgb module sent straight to your house. I appreciate your willing to go the extra mile and dismantle yours, so you could check all the electronics in mine. And boy did you, those beam shots are fantastic! My heart started to skip a beat . :bowdown:

Man I appreciate your willingness so much! :)

Ps, do I get all those pretty colored wires too? :tinfoil: :D

Edit; that's a work of art. :)

No worries Bob, I'm happy with that your Opt Laser RGB unit was sent to straight to your address.If something had gone wrong with package that I'll send, that would be huge head ache for me. So it was just one reason less for me to worrying about.

Yes, all those fancy colored wires will come along, I made cable sleeves from paracord to keep cables tidy. (It's more flexible than PET sleeves)

Last edited:

Radim

Lol, that dog meme. :D :D :D And great work, ArcticDude. Once there will be metal printed host, this will become my next laser for sure. ;)

Edit: It seems to me there is no protection window of aperture. Is that right? What about dust? Isn't is getting inside to the module part?

Last edited:
PETG valid for printing laser hosts! Good fun ArcticGuy :gj:

p.s. Io ho risposto alla tua domanda postami in italiano dove ti chiedevo i parametri di stampa ! sono ancora in attesa di una tua di risposta !

BobMc

No worries Bob, I'm happy with that your Opt Laser RGB unit was sent to straight to your address.If something had gone wrong with package that I'll send, that would be huge head ache for me. So it was just one reason less for me to worrying about.

Yes, all those fance colored wires will come along, I made cable sleeves from paracord to keep cables tidy. (It's more flexible than PET sleeves)

Well as long as your satisfied with the arrangement. I know I am. I also appreciate how fast you have done the build. Think this will be the icing on the cake in my collection. Love different and unusual builds. And this is a real special build, glad to add it to my collection. She's one of a kind, ok, two of kind. :) Looking forward to having it in my hands. Awesome and thanks. It's even got my name on it. That's to cool. :D

@Radim & 3D, awesome piece of work isn't it! :D

Last edited:

Radim

Bob: Without any doubt. I admire Arctic's work every time I see this host. :drool: There was a lot of effort and R&D done to get this. And as this is open source, that is definitely huge contribution to community. However I would prefer metal as material
3D: Do you see this as opportunity for some long term project? Developing cheap metal printer... :whistle: ;)

Bob: Without any doubt. I admire Arctic's work every time I see this host. :drool: There was a lot of effort and R&D done to get this. And as this is open source, that is definitely huge contribution to community. However I would prefer metal as material
3D: Do you see this as opportunity for some long term project? Developing cheap metal printer... :whistle: ;)

Radim, here is your printer: EOS M 400-4

Just few M€ investment :whistle:

It only weights aprox. 4900kg and it has very low power consumption - max. 45kW

Could you order one of EOS M 400-4 tomorrow? I have few print orders for you :D

Radim

Radim, here is your printer: EOS M 400-4

Just few M€ investment :whistle:

It only weights aprox. 4900kg and it has very low power consumption - max. 45kW

Could you order one of EOS M 400-4 tomorrow? I have few print orders for you :D

:drool:
Definitely I want it. :D Now... 50 W 589 nm laser guide star system or this printer? Writing to that guy giving Christmass presents now. :san:

Anyway, I just wonder if there might be some more affordable solution made. But once I'll have access (if ever - LOL) to metal 3D printer, the number one candidate for first thing printed will be your RGB host. ;)