Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Arctic's Open Source RGB Laser Host

BobMc

Well, it has arrived, the host I got via ArcticDude. She's at the house just ready to get assembled. My first rgb laser, can't wait to light up the pool with this guy. Not to mentain the trees, the neighbors trees, you get the idea. Really looking forward to playing with all the adjustments that you can adjust on this build. Any color you want, how cool is that? So a big hand and a "shout out" to the man who made it possible, ArcticDude! Thank you very much my friend.

BobMc. :)

Last edited:

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
Horray, Congratulations bob for receiving a beauty. Well done ArcticDude for all your hard work. :beer:

I've now got to go and have words with my hired post thief. He failed. :eg: :tsk:

:crackup:

BobMc

Horray, Congratulations bob for receiving a beauty. Well done ArcticDude for all your hard work. :beer:

I've now got to go and have words with my hired post thief. He failed. :eg: :tsk:

:crackup:

Thanks, won't do the assembly for about a week or two. Than I'll do a review. Want to get a new camra first so my pictures are top notch.

It's was tough, I had to put on my invisibility cloak to get passed your Ninja. He was there, but was being distracted by meter-maid. :crackup: :)

Wonderful, great, I want one :) - Only thing I would do to change it is find some way to block the light from inside showing through the holder. I suppose that can be cool too though :) I wonder if your files could be taken to a machine shop to have one milled out of aluminium?

Wonderful, great, I want one :) - Only thing I would do to change it is find some way to block the light from inside showing through the holder. I suppose that can be cool too though :) I wonder if your files could be taken to a machine shop to have one milled out of aluminium?

I'm currently designing RGB Host V2 with 3x 18650s, but I need help with BigClive PCB layout re-design from more experienced member. If RGB controller board could fit to 36x36mm it could be stacked with Matek Mini PDB. Then V2 host would be only 26cm lenght and 5cm wide by current calculations and would be easier to CNC'd from aluminum since body itself is less complex than V1 body.

-But only if someone experienced member would help me with PCB re-design task. I have estimated that I can finish V2 host design in few months, but if I'll have to learn PCB designing programs you can add easily 6 months top of that. -And I don't know if I'm able to find that much time from my calendar.. -And task is only to re-design PCB layout footprint to fit 36x36mm, that should not be a thing from person who has designed PCBs before..

:anyone:

rgb_host_V2_001.jpg

rgb_host_V2_002.jpg

------

EDIT

Well, it has arrived, the host I got via ArcticDude. She's at the house just ready to get assembled. My first rgb laser, can't wait to light up the pool with this guy. Not to mentain the trees, the neighbors trees, you get the idea. Really looking forward to playing with all the adjustments that you can adjust on this build. Any color you want, how cool is that? So a big hand and a "shout out" to the man who made it possible, ArcticDude! Thank you very much my friend.

BobMc. :)

You're welcome Bob! Remember to treat her well ;)

Last edited:
You might try PM'ing RHD, I know he has experience with those programs, there are probably others here too who will speak up soon, I imagine. I've photo etched my own hand drawn PCB's, but never used software. Cool, glad to see you are doing that.

BobMc

Hello ArcticDude: We have Photons!!!, and all sorts of different colored Photons!:drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool: :)

I've got plenty of pictures for a review, but give me a day or two or to get them organized and make a post. Like to get some night time beams shots also ! Working great!! Thanks again! :worthy: :worthy: :worthy:

:D :D :D
What I told ya!

----

EDIT:

Thanks goes to Opt Laser guys for providing us a such amazing RGB micro unit!!

:thanks:

Last edited:
Well..
I got BigClive PCB 36x36 board re-design ready and I ordered 3pcs test PCBs. Wasnt that huge task that I thought.. :p

I'm pretty happy with my first PCB (footprint re-design)

clive-boards-new.png

Last edited:
A bit progress vith RGB V2 project..
It's still in draft level and there is lots of things to be done before final version..

I tried to squees it as small as I could, Lenght is 28cm, height 6,5cm and width is only 5cm. :p

3D View >>

BobMc

A bit progress vith RGB V2 project..
It's still in draft level and there is lots of things to be done before final version..

I tried to squees it as small as I could, Lenght is 28cm, height 6,5cm and width is only 5cm. :p

3D View >>

Very nice ArcticDude! Congrats on you first pcb upgrade, that's got to make you feel swell!

There's a whole lot of promise in those pictures. :drool:

As soon as you start selling that kit, please PM me. Edit: If you can design in a way to fit a beam expander on it, that would be awesome too.

Last edited:
As soon as you start selling that kit, please PM me. Edit: If you can design in a way to fit a beam expander on it, that would be awesome too.

No plans to sell anything, it's going to be open-source project as well. Luckily fabrication prices are coming down Fast.
SLS PA2200 was under 300 EUR for whole body and 3DHubs has new section: CNC

cnc_a.jpg

I probably gonna do some changes to design, so it could be done via CNC too..

Last edited:
Until today I was unaware you were doing a redesign of your RGB laser. I like the design and the PCB isn't nearly as complex as I thought it was going to be before I got to the post where you had a CAD of it. Since the RGB module is so far away from the front, I'm assuming you have a fiber optic couple of some sort. I don't see another way to get it though everything else in the way. Love it. + rep.

Please tell me there will be a way to fix a beam expander to it! Great looking!

Encap

No plans to sell anything, it's going to be open-source project as well. Luckily fabrication prices are coming down Fast.
SLS PA2200 was under 300 EUR for whole body and 3DHubs has new section: CNC

I probably gonna do some changes to design, so it could be done via CNC too..

Very nice work in progress--making it CNC-able in Aluminum is a big plus and a significant advance ----will make a very attractive finished product.

The CNC prices you got are very good , also.

Best of luck with it.

Last edited: