Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Apology for typos, grammar and spelling on posts

I apologize to the forum for the hard to read posts i have put in at times .Most of you know almost all posts I put in are done on my cell phone.But a lot of members don't know this hence this thread .I shall double efforts to make them easier to read.For obvious reasons its much harder to get it right when your putting in 20 lines in on a cell phone. regards Tony :eek:. I also had a 1 Watt 650nm laser grabbed by customs today (got the letter in today which i will keep or post if any are interested in seeing) so i really don't need any further grief..... sigh

Last edited:

NKO29

If you are on an iphone like me, I sympathize for you... The auto correct is horrid, and typing alot out on the small keyboard is hard :(

I'm on a phone too during daytime hours. Oh man customs! I have been hoping that maybe would make it. Soo sorry

I'm on a phone too during daytime hours. Oh man customs! I have been hoping that maybe would make it. Soo sorry
yeah all the low powered ones ,well medium power ones, got past customs and as i worried the first REAL one i really wanted got grabbed typical, i would have given up 6 others for that one alone.
but Thanks i also have another coming in two parcels due in about 7/8 days I'm sweating on that one two .

Last edited:

ARG

Sorry for the loss :(

I have no trouble understanding what you say, and that's what counts :)
It's hard typing on a phone, that's for sure.

Well its easy for a one or two line reply after that it gets difficult especially if you have a big quote attached then its hell. But i will try and do better, i reread before i post but still miss something usually anyway ...Customs Grrr...

I can only imagine how you feel. It was to pl laserbtb right? Maybe there's a blind aussie customs guy somewhere now. If he didn't already burn out the diode letting it run for ten minutes.

Sorry for the laser loss. That stinks :(

About the typing... to me most of the time it's obvious when someone is on a cell phone, and I think that's a reasonable reason not to expect perfection. Never had any trouble understanding your posts.

IsaacT

Do you think customs inspects your packages even more after one of them has been seized? Like maybe they have a blacklist of addresses that gets the extra scrutiny and once one gets taken your address is added? I dont want to freak you out but if we find this out it could affect how aussie's order lasers(aka get a new mailing address or PO Box[I f they have those in aus])

I have have heard that before. Once they have record of your address receiving restricted merchandise they are way more intent on opening your mail just as you said. As well as the sender.

I can only imagine how you feel. It was to pl laserbtb right? Maybe there's a blind aussie customs guy somewhere now. If he didn't already burn out the diode letting it run for ten minutes.
more than not the Moron put batteries in which where not with laser then couldn't get it to work ...i going to try and really bitch to at least see if i can get it sent back, even if i pay the postage of course, and i can demand a reason why they cant return to sender .

If it didn't blatantly say it was destroyed I would think they would send it back

Only after 30 days ..thats my plan send it back better than getting nothing at all and i know for sure the goodies go home with those basterds ,not destroyed that's BS

Last edited:
Might as well apply for customs inspection position. Our collection would be bigger than ever. Wonder how many the ones with an eye for lasers have. Might be an lpf member lol. Got the inside scoop on shipments ;)

I think you're good Blaster ;) Sorry to hear about the seizure :(

grammar-nazi.jpg

~ LB

I hope this isn't too much of a Necro post..
Do you think customs inspects your packages even more after one of them has been seized? Like maybe they have a blacklist of addresses that gets the extra scrutiny and once one gets taken your address is added? I dont want to freak you out but if we find this out it could affect how aussie's order lasers(aka get a new mailing address or PO Box[I f they have those in aus])
I can verify that Canadian Customs has a black list, I would expect most other countries do too. I am on the aforementioned list for Canada. I do a lot of online shopping and pretty much every package I get from out of the country has been opened and resealed with a special tape that says something along the lines of:
"Opened for Inspection
Love,
Canadian Customs:evil:"
I have bought a spartan 1 watt laser and they opened it, I still got the laser with the usual love note on the package. Also a 200 mw DX red diode module and a 5mw green laser. I know Aus is much stricter though:yabbem:
Edit: The agent that interrogated me referred to it as a "Red List" I believe, might have something to do with our flag.

Last edited: