Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Anyone willing to build me a 445 if i pay for parts and shipping?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok i know it sounds crazy to ask for free work or to do work for a small tip at most but with the price of the s3 its hard for my to pay for everything to make one if it would cost close to or more then a s3. but i thought maybe because there so new someone might just like to get there hand on one to see how a build go's. anyways as the title says im willing to pay for parts and shipping and i just looking for max power out of a small cool looking host. if anyone's down let me know.

blrock

1w 445nm Laser: $45
Driver: $15
Lens: $10
Shipping: $10

Putting all the parts together and building yourself a laser....priceless

daguin

. . . .
module
battery
host
tools
supplies
. . . .

Peace,
dave

. . . .
module
battery
host
tools
supplies
. . . .

Peace,
dave

heatsink
goggles

Certainly more to it that a diode, driver and lens.. However, unless you get extremely extravagant.. It can still be done for less than an arctic.. plus you'll have done it yourself and actually know what you have. :)

oic0

Plus soldering skill, patience, and a steady hand :cryyy:
I'm workin on mah soldering skills. Its not difficult, you just have to do your homework and be prepared before you start.

Tabish

1w 445nm Laser: $45
Driver: $15
Lens: $10
Shipping: $10

Putting all the parts together and building yourself a laser....priceless

Now add:
~$20 for a good host
$25+ for a good heatsink
$15 more if using flexdrive/microboost (MUCH better than a cheap 15$ one)
$5 for aixiz module (if using one)

Soldering skills
Multimeter
Testload
Helping hands (the tool)
Decent soldering iron / solder paste
Tools / wire etc..
Basic electricity / math knowledge
TIME
COMMON SENSE

so youre saying i should just by the s3...it even comes with glasses. for 220 shipped. i just hate the size of it...lol.

Tabish

so youre saying i should just by the s3...it even comes with glasses. for 220 shipped. i just hate the size of it...lol.

We don't know the answer to that (and don't care)

I don't like it since they keep making excuses, delaying it....

Plus it's wayy to bulky. Also, not focusable and LESS than 1W

Morgan

I don't think that's what people are saying at all. I think they are are saying 1. Why don't you build one yourself, and 2. Not that likely for a respected member to want to build for nothing. Would you trust a new member with a $50 diode?

Might help to know where you are also? I'm guessing the US?

M
:)

Last edited:
I think wanting a small host is going to be a problem. The 445's need power... The smaller the host, the less room you have for your power source, meaning the shorter the run time. There's a reason high powered lasers are always in larger hosts. They'd be sort of pointless if they ate batteries every minute and a half, after all. Plus you need more heatsinking to dissipate the heat from them. Your never going to find a 1 watt 'pen' for example, for these reasons.

ok i am in the US i just thought maybe if someone was building some stuff anyways why not have someone lined up to buy it after some test run's and what not..and wen i say small im not saying like mini im just saying not like the size of the s3.. i love the cree hosts and stuff of that same style. and i would be looking to buy the best heat sink best len's and again i would be willing to tip say 20-30 buck's im not trying to insult anyone i just dont have crazy money.and would love some help....

I'll probably be doing some tank007 hc-128 445 builds once all the stuff finally shows up since I have half a dozen of the hosts on the slow boat from china atm. However if I sold one, the cost would probably exceed what the arctic costs though. But I bet mine would be shipped quicker. :D

Are you sure you have weighed out all the PRo's and CON's,,,,,dude trust me...I can't begin to tell you how much satisfaction you'd get from building yourself...
and it is not that expensive....
for the 200 dollars the Artic will cost you can build a nice 445
add another 100 and someone correct me if I am wrong
you should have a great 445
BTW I am researching for my build...which I will start next week

oh and these hosts you are thinking of are average length of like 4-6 "

or you could just hang out in the BST
did you see Daquin's 445 build....( sold in like 4 hours)
Man, that was a beautiful build
Seriously you don't gotta put all your marbles toward that Artic
you can build one or buy one....but either way it will be a CUSTOM build

Unless you kept the power dialed down, I wouldn't personally use anything less than a 18650 host for a 445, but that's just me. Actually I wouldn't use less than a 18650 host for any build. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.