Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Anyone paint their Arctic?

oic0

Lets face it, this laser has nothing good going for it except the host. I'm working on sexing mine up a bit. Still a work in progress, still a bit too plain. I'm working on it though. I'm surprised you guys arent, I heard a number of people talk about painting theirs when it was still a glimmer in wickeds eye and we were waiting.

2mzxeuf.jpg

2lw2gw8.jpg

daguin

I blacked out everything that said WL or Laser on one that I shipped into Australia.

Does that count ;)

Peace,
dave

Looks nice but.....

the way I see it... with the heat produced by the LD at 1000mW...
I would paint mine (if i had one) Flat Black to help dissipate any heat....

Jerry

Last edited:

oic0

Here we go, touched it up a bit more. I'm not too worried about the heat. I ran it for a bit trying to get the camera to capture the beam, was warm but not hot. I don't think it has bad thermal transfer as ive seen where the heatsink is in the host, its surrounded by thermal goop. I guess its because the whole body acts like one big heat sink?

207rwia.jpg

I personally think the black looks bad ass on it's own, and I'm not a big Star Wars fan so I'm not touching mine. Yours is coming out well though!

Looks good! I would like to see one polished with parts of it left black!:beer:

oic0

I dont actually like starwars either. Its no fun compared to my own build though, its weak, big, and unfocusable, I listed it for sale and got no bites. Didnt really have much use for it. Always wanted to try the prop making thing though and I had the paints out. If I had a lathe I would take it down to bare metal in places, but I dont feel like doing it by hand with sand paper.

ZapU

Nice looking paint job! I'd be afraid I'd scratch it up using it.