Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

ANYONE OWNING A POINTER OR LARGER!!read this!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
--p l e a s e

put this in your blog- send it to everyone you know-
we cant have too many of these linked here!!

Forget those who say this latest 'new bill' is like the others--

and now we have this info- that thread may be closed- I ask any who care to pick the discussion back up here.

updateeEDIT
HERE http://laserpointerforums.com/f44/more-plane-attacks-killing-our-hobby-7-16-15-a-94404.html

AND
http://laserpointerforums.com/f53/you-guessed-another-nbc-nightly-news-laser-report-94409-2.html

READ ALL this thread as well as those linked- make a NEW post PLEASE-
and come back often to post (bump) this thread as wae cannot have a sticky. (trust me on that- it cannot be stickied)

read all links in the active members have been so kind to link in thier sig- see laserpointersafety.com by ALL means ..

FYI the fine NOW for intentional lasing of ANY aircraft is $250,000.00 and a max of 10 years FEDERAL PRISON ( no time off)

But you can read the OP and the replies here:

http://laserpointerforums.com/f53/fda-import-form-number-91093.html#post1324089

and PLEASE do post there with your opinions and questions--on that thread or this one-- NEWCOMERS- read all stickies in the welcome section before your first post or even joining-- only after that are you welcome by me to post in this thread--
read it --and see my new post today--9/23

EMAIL every one you think may have a say in this --

READ what is there at ILDA and laserpointersafety.com

or here--edit-- sorry mistake in link to LPS.com NOT .org as i wrote -changing that now -here is link

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6ejwtuOf-0

in every way--
It was once considered by a few to be the enemy of LPF but that is WRONG
WRONG WRONG in every way..

complete email from forum's 'besty' Dr Chuck

"
To get out on the blogs.

Chuck

From: laserist-list@lists.laserist.org [mailto:laserist-list@lists.laserist.org] On Behalf Of Patrick Murphy
Sent: Friday, August 29, 2014 8:11 AM
To: ilda-list@lists.laserist.org; laserist-list
Subject: [Laserist List] New animated laser safety video in style of viral video

To ILDA Members and interested laserists --

I was recently sent an animated video called "Dumb Ways to Blind", about laser misuse. It is done in the style of "Dumb Ways to Die", a November 2012 safety video from Metro Trains in Melbourne, Victoria that went viral with over 84 million views.

I put the video on YouTube; it can be viewed at Dumb Ways to Blind (cute laser safety video) - YouTube

"Dumb Ways to Blind" shows cute animated characters that misuse lasers in various ways. They suffer fates such as being scarred, getting jailed, and losing an eye, while a catchy song narrates each scene.

Much like the original Metro Trains video, the intent is to get a safety message to a younger, internet-savvy generation raised on irony. The target audience for "Dumb Ways to Blind" is people who don't read mainstream media news stories of laser prosecutions, or who are not visiting FAA, FBI or laser safety websites.

The goal is not a full LSO education ("the NOHD of a 5 mW Class II laser with 1 mrad divergence is 52 feet") but to raise general awareness of what not to do with lasers.

Take a look, and if you think it is worthwhile, pass it on via social media to help get this message out.

Thanks,

-- Patrick Murphy

" end quote--

I hope admin can figure out a way to force every new member to watch this animation- and NOT like the TOS/TOU where 99% scroll down and click 'agree' w/o reading a single word==

REPEAT if you happen to feel this is uneeded & not to be taken seriously--than fine--- go sit on your big ass and do nothing - at least keep that to yourself-- :shhh:

hak

Last edited:

Very good video, hopefully people watch this before going out and doing something with a laser.

-Alex

If you look at the YouTube channel there is also another video about lasers and airplanes that people should check out too. It talks about the pilots and how often it really happens, not so much in the air, but while they take off and land.

upaa27

Very true.

Today I was actually in a rally when something caught my eye. Then in my eye. It was a cheap 5mw red that somebody shined into my eye then my friend's.

Really pissed me off. I hate misusers of lasers they make the laws for us harsher.

Good video there Hak and you have certainly made us take notice of it.

Maybe you had a part in the making of it? Your voice is much more $#&y than i imagined it would be! :na::crackup:

Thanks for posting this hak.. my gf shined a 1w laser in my eye once Thank god it wasn't focused and from many ft away but it blinded me for 10 seconds and caused a bit of permanent damage I am sure. Be safe with your lasers people!

Last edited:
Please join Sinner and me at that Youtube video Idiot DJTony needs to hear there from all you guys- share this vid every place you can thing of- twitter the crap out of it-
instagarm it- and FBook it NOW-

The lyrics are there now- reading them is a good idea-- as its not easy at times-

PLEASE go to laserpointerssafety.com
- lots to read there none is fiction Patrick is a great guy- he works on this site for free and for the good of all- safety is and always must be NUMBER one and if we sit back and do nothing -- our passion for lasers will be in jepordy. Undoing any such laws is IMPOSSIBLE - in what universe will we have a 'reason to own' that makes sense to anyone but US??

'They' want to group all handhelds with alignment machines and leveling devices - etc - followed by are restiction of 5 mW as these things need no more ==effectively making all > 5mW 'illegal' to sell or make-

I feel something bad is going to happen involving aircraft and terrorists with lasers-

& the public outcry will call for a ban on them- it wont matter if it can be enforced or not. Or how much we love them - -- 10 aircraft/laser incidents per DAY reported average. (NOT ALL are aimed at aircraft but those too get reported- nothing else is done-- BUT if the iarcraft is intentionallly lased its BIG DEAL= & Federal offence. (If the Feds want= it seems in most cases they are fine with allowing the local police filing and porsecuting those cases.. We will (prolly)see federal charges when its a blatant lasing of landing or departing aircraft--

Working on a bumper sticker about laser pranks and prison time- need help -- we have members with the machines to make these- Lets fund this and get a million made.

Federal Grants can be had to fund PSA projects and this topic is one that has been ignored for too long - make a crude demo and submit for $$$ govt. help on a better one.

Lets face it- we are all but unknown-- some think just because LPF is by far the worlds largest and most popular laser forum that this means we have a voice-- we dont even have a whisper- totally inaudible -- all the 'newsy folks' now have social media accounts- ABC- CBS etc- including the idiots at 'good moning amerika' and other who have ran stories about lasers without the slightest clue of what we do and how we feel about lasers. There has NEVER been an accurate news 'story' about OUR lasers-

we are NOT going to get anyone to like us or our lasers- that will never happen-
so our energy is best spent trying to keep new incidents from happening- & do not expect our words place here to be read by very many- you need to go OUTSIDE LPF to do any good as here its just 'preaching to the chior'.

do it

Hak

Last edited:
I have the first one, very catchy, cute and gets the point across.

Same with this one :)

Stu

some interesting ways to blind,
I presume that all of the ways to blind shown in the video have actually happened?
but who in their right (or very wrong) mind would use a laser to pop spots?
this video should be pinned to the home page or sent to every new member as a safety guide :)

Grate video!
This needs to be the first thing a new members see when they come on the forums!!

Plaese join Sinner and me at that Youtube video Idiot DJTony needs to hear there from all you guys- share this vid every place you can thing of- twitter the crap out of it-
instamgarm it- adn FBook it NOW-

The lyrics are there now- reading them is a good idea-- as its not easy at times-

PLEAE go to laserpointerssafety.org- lots to read there none is fiction Patrick is a great guy- he works on theis site for free and for the good of all- asfety is and always must be NUMBER one and if we sit back and do nothing -- our poassion for lasers will be in jepordy. Undone any such laws is IMPOSSIBLE - in what universe will we have a 'reason to own' that makes sense to anyone but US??

'They' want to group all handhelds with alignment machines and leveling devices - etc - followed by are restictiion of 5 mW as these things need no more ==effectively making all > 5mW 'illegal' to sell or make-

I feel something bad is going to happen involving aircraft and terrorists with lasers-
& the public outcry will call for a ban on them- it wont matter if it can be enforced or not. Or how much we love them - -- 10 aircraft/laser incidents per DAY reported average.

Working on a bumper sticker about laser pranks and prison time- need help -- we ahve members with the machines to make these- Lets fund this and get a million made.

Federal Grants can be had to fund PSA projects and this topic is one that has been ignored for too long - make a crude demo and submit for help on a better one.

Lets face it- we are all but unknown-- some think just because LPF is by far the worlds largest and most popular laser forum that this means we have a voice-- we dont even have a whisper- totally inaudible -- all the 'newsy folks' now have socail media accounts- ABC- CBS etc- including the idiots at 'good moning amerika' and other who have ran stories about lasers without the slightest clue of what we do and how we feel about lasers. There has NEVER been an accurate news 'story' about lasers-

we are NOT going to get anyone to like us or our lasers- that will never happen-
so our energy is best spent trying to keep new incidents from happening- & do not expect our words place here to be read by very many- you need to go OUTSIDE LPF to do any good as here its just 'preaching to the chior'.

do it

Hak

Best post I have read in forever ..

Last edited:
edit-- sorry mistake in link to LPS.com NOT .org as i wrote -changing that now -here is link

http://r.search.yahoo.com/_ylt=AwrB...ety.com//RK=0/RS=SMSqJqo.dXMfrpZWC6V.IyQ252M-

go here and copypasta your fav idiot(s)
one per memebr only dont worry there are plenty

here:

Laser Pointer Safety - Sentences for laser offenses

I will start-
did this guy get off 'LIGHT'
you decide--- :shhh:

Fischer was sentenced July 29 2014 to two years probation and 50 hours of community service, for the December 30, 2012 lasing of a commercial jet and the sheriff’s helicopter that was sent to investigate. After his sentence, he told LaserPointerSafety that aiming at the aircraft was “the worst mistake of my life. Now I am a convicted felon.” His warning for others was “Don’t think you’re not going to get caught, because if you do it you’re going to get caught.”

I think those who have a problem with the cartoon are not considering who this is aimed at- NOT us- not you but those more in touch on-line than in the real world- this one was made due to the HUGE success of 'Dumb Ways to Die'

share the link as much as possible link this thread- do something if you can SPARE the time--:undecided:

One thing you cannot deny- getting bad laser laws repealed is not ever going to happen-- why should they== because you love lasers??

DUH!

IIRC most caught are white male teens or early 20s

in other countries you will read of less harsh pentilties-

Can you believe they even have repeat offenders??

I would like to see many posting one of these from LPS.com
here--

keep this thread at the top-

Attachments

• michael-fischer-laser.png
    michael-fischer-laser.png
    51.9 KB · Views: 140
Last edited:
OH GAWD , that got morbid fast lol
And to think those things ACTUALLY happened

Can't load the picture currently as I'm on an ipad but I found this video on YouTube of a good example of a couple idiots probably testing their laser on a helicopter that gets them arrested.
Laser fired at police helicopter - YouTube

What I love is one of the comments saying that if it's legal to own a laser, it shouldn't be illegal to shine it at aircraft.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.