Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Anyone know whre to buy laser diodes that are 1 nm-100nm?

It's probably our friendly help me troll, he thinks he's unknown. It won't end until he gets run over by a bus or something, then someone new will come to take his place. Doesn't bother me like it used to.

dstoya

I would prefer a diode, but a Co2 laser in this case would work. I went and found one for ~150 dollars and that will work for me. Thanks,
Anthony P. As for the power density that I needed was around a watt. I was after a multi mode laser, and by highest I meant what is the most nm a cheap laser could reach that was in the infrared range. Thanks everyone!

kecked

I apologize for the way I reacted. I people know am onn3 of the first one to step up to help. If you really have some type of project in mind that doesn’t involve hurting someone or yourself by all means spell it out.

Working in ir or uv is advanced. May I suggest learning about a 5mw green laser pointer to start. Be sure to get eye protection. Read the forum and learn then Come back. We really are happy to assist. Enjoy your life and be safe

Reactions: GSS
He just makes new ones, if this is who I think it is, it's like one of dozens, most banned and I just fed him again.

kecked

Radio I have but it’s been a long time. I don’t have an array at this time just a basic dipole.
Laser yea never.

It's been over 20 years now, but had a 16 X 5 wavelength array up for 144 MHz at about 4 MW EIRP in Alaska, I was heard. I also used the array for tropospheric scatter use, was an awesome system, but too big, wind eventually broke my elevation gear. The PA used was a converted Motorola quarter kilowatt linear with two Eimac 8877 triodes in grounded grid operation biased for class AB2 which allowed me to use it for SSB EME too.

Last edited:

kecked

Just got too much to keep going. Was doing psk31 and some other thing called helscribes. Yours is Much bigger than mine. 440 4 cluster 32 elements 500w input. No haarp on my end. Most fun I ever had was Australia on cb 5w. And Germany on 6m. 100w

Aha, SATCOM, I've wanted to use AMSAT, but never have. Although I do SATCOM in my job every day, due to that, I have my fill of it. You can easily do EME with 500 watts at UHF with four long Yagi's. There are enough operators using high gain antennas to bridge the gap for smaller antenna systems, and four Yagi's on UHF isn't so bad for moonbounce, I knew a man who used four Yagi's on EME 432 MHz for years, but he also was able to rotate the polarity, that makes a huge difference. My 144 MHz array was H and V selectable polarity for TX and RX, but not completely steerable like his was.

kecked

Mine was straight four square. Nothing special. I turned it into weather receiver for hrpt.

kecked

think it was 28db x 4 so what like 32db? total. was like 30 some elements on a 15 or 20' boom with reflector screen. DIY. was from a book on radio telescopes. Drive was a yaesu two axis.

That's plenty :) Four Yagi's is more fun than 16, because you don't have to work your back side off building it, and then keeping it working. When I first became interested in EME I had a lot of fun with two 17 element 144 MHz Yagi antennas for moonbounce, of course I couldn't work anyone unless they were a big gun, but the ratio of fun to work was high.

Here's a photo of my new toy:

I will start working on it in August.

Encap

Cool new toy Alaskan!
Alcator C-Mod tokamak - MIT

See: http://www.psfc.mit.edu/research/topics/alcator-c-mod-tokamak

Are they going to start that device up again or just maintain it in safe shutdown mode?
The web site says "Following completion of operations at the end of September, 2016, the facility has been placed into safe shutdown, with no additional experiments planned at this time. There is a wealth of data archived from the more than 20 years of operations, and the experimental and theoretical teams continue to analyze the results and publish them in the scientific literature. "