Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Anyone interested in my 2.5 532? Keeping it :o

Encap

Re: Anyone interested in my 2.5W 532?

Hey guys,

Just a quick thread to see if anyone was looking for a high powered 532 lab? My unit does about 2.5W-2.6W and was thinking of doing $900 shipped which is a steal for this thing. You'll get the head and PSU but will need to provide 5V's to get the full 2.5W of it.

Trying to get myself a 593.5 10mW lab unit so funds will go to that! :)

-Alex

Yikes! Is this the 3rd or the 4th time since you received it at the beginning of February that you are selling it?

A 10mW yellow lab style at $1450 + shipping? If you get that you will never be able to sell it unless you want to almost give it away.

What do you imagine a 10mW yellow laser is going to do for you that no lasers so far has been able to do, other than lose money than ever before when you sell it. Seems you are not happy to have whatever it is at any time and are always selling buying.

How about getting a handheld yellow at a reasonable price?

Last edited:

Here's what I'd do, I'd start studying on how you can buy parts and optics to build one yourself. You could learn a lot and slowly start adding the needed parts over time, still headed in the right direction and having a lot more satisfaction than buying something. This is what I've been doing for the last six months, have most the parts now :p

Edit: Encap is right, that is such a specialized laser and color, you will never be able to get much out of it, painting yourself into a courner buying an expensive 10 mw laser like that. If you don't like the idea of building your own, I'd buy a much less expensive pointer and get some satisfaction for yellow out of that. I've never seen you happy with anything you buy yet, always wanting something different, stay with things you can easily sell later.

For example, guys what would the price need to be at to attract you to buying a 10 mw 594 nm lab laser? It would have to be under 200 for me to want it, probably 150 and I might spring for it with a cringe, simply because 10 mw turns me off.

Last edited:

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter

Follow Alaskan's advice if you want to become a laser part hoarder. :D
I'm guilty of this, although you would treasure your creation and not want to sell it. Could be perfect for you. :p
Also Encap is right, you will find yourself stuck with the 594 most likely. Whereas 589 not so much.

Last edited:

Razako

IMHO it would be a mistake to buy a 10mw lab style 593.5nm. What I have discovered with my own lab style 671nm is that exotic lab lasers are VERY hard to resell. I've had mine listed at like 60% of the purchase price and it's been harder to move than a chunk of lead. Only buy these things if you're confident you'll be keeping it for the long haul. I don't even want to think about how hard it would be to resell a 10mw 593.5nm lab laser. You'd have to practically give it away at less than half price probably. VERY limited and niche buyer group for such an item. If you're actually interested in owning a yellow lab laser then keep an eye out for a used one on ebay. That way YOU can be the one taking advantage of the heavy discounts on used laser stuff.

For example, guys what would the price need to be at to attract you to buying a 10 mw 594 nm lab laser? It would have to be under 200 for me to want it, probably 150 and I might spring for it with a cringe, simply because 10 mw turns me off.
I might bite at around $250 for such a unit. Even then I don't know what I would do with such a thing outside of make a little display to use in the house at night.

Last edited:

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter

Well I would of snapped it up myself as I like collecting wavelengths and the power and price was very reasonable. 594 isn't however.

Last edited:

Encap

Here's what I'd do, I'd start studying on how you can buy parts and optics to build one yourself. You could learn a lot and slowly start adding the needed parts over time, still headed in the right direction and having a lot more satisfaction than buying something. This is what I've been doing for the last six months, have most the parts now :p

Edit: Encap is right, that is such a specialized laser and color, you will never be able to get much out of it, painting yourself into a courner buying an expensive 10 mw laser like that. If you don't like the idea of building your own, I'd buy a much less expensive pointer and get some satisfaction for yellow out of that. I've never seen you happy with anything you buy yet, always wanting something different, stay with things you can easily sell later.

Follow Alaskan's advice if you want to become a laser part hoarder. :D
I'm guilty of this, although you would treasure your creation and not want to sell it. Could be perfect for you. :p
Also Encap is right, you will find yourself stuck with the 594 most likely. Whereas 589 not so much.

IMHO it would be a mistake to buy a 10mw lab style 593.5nm. What I have discovered with my own lab style 671nm is that exotic lab lasers are VERY hard to resell. I've had mine listed at like 60% of the purchase price and it's been harder to move than a chunk of lead. Only buy these things if you're confident you'll be keeping it for the long haul. I don't even want to think about how hard it would be to resell a 10mw 593.5nm lab laser. You'd have to practically give it away at less than half price probably. VERY limited and niche buyer group for such an item. If you're actually interested in owning a yellow lab laser then keep an eye out for a used one on ebay. That way YOU can be the one taking advantage of the heavy discounts on used laser stuff.

I might bite at around $250 for such a unit. Even then I don't know what I would do with such a thing outside of make a little display to use in the house at night.

What the members above have said.

One thought on selling the 532nm--put the 532nm up on ebay at a high reserve like what you paid for it plus shipping or more perhaps and wait until you have an actual offer and a real world decision to make. Then sell it or don't sell it--you can always decline a sale if the reserve has not been met and it won't be if the reserve is high enough, if you don't want sell it. At least it would be something real and not just a thought replaying over and over again in your head about having invested too much money in a 532nm laser. Of course an even more expensive less desirable generally, 10mW yellow lab laser is not going to solve that aspect of the problem.

How about getting/finding a Chinese girlfriend - something yellow and a girlfriend to boot! Might be more satisfying overall. Just a thought. :crackup:

Seriously--you might be able to sell a 10mW yellow within a year of offering it for sale for 1/3 of what you paid but it would not be easy. How many people want non-handhelds? How many want lab style lasers? How many would want a 10mW of any wavelength and what level/kind of money do they have for 10mW laser.?

My advice once again is: Think about what you are doing and why once, think about it twice, think about it a third time and then don't do it.

Last edited:

Razako

What the menbers above have said.

One thought on selling the 532nm--put the 532nm up on ebay at a high reserve like what you paid for it plus shipping or more perhaps and wait until you have an actual offer and a real world decision to make. Then sell it or don't sell it--you can always decline a sale if the reserve has not been met and it won't be if the reserve is high enough, if you don't want sell it. At least it would be something real and not just a thought replaying over and over again in your head about having invested too much money in a 532nm laser. Of course ann even more expensive less desirable generally, 10mW yellow lab laser is not going to solve that aspect of the problem.

How about getting a Chinese girlfriend - something yellow and a girlfriend to boot! Might be more satisfying overall. Just a thought. :crackup:

Serioulsly--you might be able to sell a 10mW yellow within a year for 1/3 of what you paid but it would not be easy. How many people want non-handhelds? How many want lab style lasers? How many would want a 10mW of any wavelength and what what level of money do they have for same?

My advice once again is: Think about what you are doing and why once, think about it twice, think about it a third time and then don't do it.
Where are these Chinese girlfriends for sale, and how much:D

Yeah, that's true. Goodluck selling a 10mW 593.5 lab for close to the price you paid for it. I'll keep the 532 beast :)

-Alex

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter

Yay! Look forward to seeing it listed again next week. :crackup:
No definitely keep it for good. :beer:

diachi

Yeah, the others made a good point about the 594, that'll be hard to sell if you ever decide to. Keep the 532nm, save up for a 594 if you want one. :) Build your collection up, become a hoarder of lasers! :D

If I had that laser it would take much, much more than 10 mW of any color laser to give it up. If you want a yellow girl friend, Alex, I'd go for an old alcoholic one. The jaundice in her eyes and skin would be that pretty color you are looking for, and long before you got tired of her, she'd be gone anyway. IDK, that's a bit dark, even for me.

BobMc

If I had that laser it would take much, much more than 10 mW of any color laser to give it up. If you want a yellow girl friend, Alex, I'd go for an old alcoholic one. The jaundice in her eyes and skin would be that pretty color you are looking for, and long before you got tired of her, she'd be gone anyway. IDK, that's a bit dark, even for me.

With or without teeth? :)

diachi

If you want a yellow girl friend, Alex, I'd go for an old alcoholic one.

Could always just go ~6000 miles west... :whistle:

Sorry if that's in bad taste...

Last edited: