Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Anyone had troubles with customs in the US?

marcialee

I bought a 3w silver series 445nm laser off Sanwu a month ago and chose free shipping. It seems to be stuck in customs. Anyone had problems with this before? First time buying a laser of this high power. LD007072744HK for the tracking number. It came first in hong kong post, and was shipped in a timely manner, but now it's stuck as ISC Chicago, anyone had experience here? Will I ever get my laser? What's the deal? I get this is probably a question for USPS, but I'm concerned as I dropped 275$ on this after shipping and goggles. Would anyone recommend what my next course of action is? I get patience is key, but I'm just wondering how much is too much patience. Thanks!

Hight power laser stuck in customs ? . I never buy any high power laser yet. Example for Thailand customs had set the limitation of the item price. If more than 1500 THB (about $47) The receiver need to pay the import taxes espectually with the electronics part or electronics things are very expensive taxes plus 7% vat...

I suggest you to go to the post office for checking the item status.I though you need to pay the taxes.If the customs kind enough to let you do bargening will be the good deal(In Thailand some people do this ...).

GSS

Iv'e seen some of my purchases stuck in limbo In ISC NY before, but always made to me..
So how ever hard it might be but yes try to be patient..

I have never had anything seized by customs yet in this country. It is normal for this to languish for days at ICS, but I wouldn't worry until it has exceeded ten days.

I had one package that was sent back to the sender with an address issue. Nothing seized though.

Sumfinclever

As already mentioned, this is normal. If I order something from China, generally the shipping tracker stops updating about 10-12 days before it's delivered.

yeah too early to get afraid--
Both yobresal and myself had pointers taken. Both at SanFran US Customs.
He is in CA> Im in TX.
His was iirc like 100pcs red pens--my order (diff seller) was 40pcs 532 pens-

His was taken long before mine & still waiting-WHEN

Mine got taken --got some letters- was told to come to San Fran and meet with whoever to get them all back-- jump ahead a few months and my box arrives-w/o notice--& only 32 of them- Note stated they ones kept were over 5 mW.
I metered all that came and none were less than 15 mW .
THEN much later IIRC Luke gets his reds-- none kept-- prices had dropped for both of us a lot during the 'wait'-- not profitmakers.
No batts were in our boxes nor any mention of lasers-- just 'LED Lights' Yob holds the current forum record for longest delivery time... like >2.5 years?? !!!

If you try to contact anyone just use your tracking # for reference- NOT what is in the box.

I hope you are here to stay and not what we call 'hit n run' --wants lots of help and give not much in return.
We we would appreciate an 'intro' of your self like MANY do (see the welcome section please) and add your location into the title of YOUR INTRO.
AND you left that out of your profile and as least some location info NEEDS to be placed there ..
(FYI the reason for location in intro title is simple)- we are a friendly forum more like family..

The best help is hands on- AND any member owning a LPM is bound by tradition to meter any lasers any where anytime.

How we answer your questions often depends upon your country.
AND there are another dozen reasons but those are at the top of the list.

hope you follow thru--& are here to stay & we hope you like the forums.... hak

hmm- OP is from
and is the only post they made..
not even a TY for the advice.
no follow up-- left us hangin'.
hit 'n runner

len