Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Anyone else having problems with youtube?

I can't watch any videos on youtube. I don't have any idea why either. I've tried all kinds of things to fix it without any result.

This is what happens when I click a video - 947f348d71be9596b7c4ec6ea47deea5.png

Help please!? I'm pretty much at wits end here.

NKO29

NOPE, mine works just fine! Try clearing your cache.

I can't watch any videos on youtube. I don't have any idea why either. I've tried all kinds of things to fix it without any result.

This is what happens when I click a video - 947f348d71be9596b7c4ec6ea47deea5.png

I am able to watch videos but that does happen to me sometimes. It may have something to do with your ISP throttling your speed. Then again it may have nothing to do with that. I would look up "youtube throttle" and there is a command you can run to "undo" the throttle.

Personally I think youtube really went downhill after google took over.

Miss the old youtube :cryyy:

Thats the first thing I did, along with a restart. I tried scanning my computer for malicious software and my pc is as clean as a whistle. I then tried disableing all my extensions in chrome, still doesnt work. I tried firefox and IE, neither of them work. My assumption was to see if youtube was down or broken with you guys

I get the exact same thing very frequently, probably at least one in ten times I try to view a video. I don't know what causes it. I am using wireless internet through Verizon and I often have a similar problem just loading a web page and get a message "unable to access the network" and I just reload the page and it works.

The problem is, this happens to every single video. I can't watch anything at all. It seems to work perfectly fine on my phone?

It's up to date. My java is up to date as well. That was another thing I tried as a troubleshoot fix. Chrome is up to date aswell

Last edited:
It's up to date. My java is up to date as well. That was another thing I tried as a troubleshoot fix. Chrome is up to date aswell

When you are using your phone to use youtube you are probably using your data on your phone right? Maybe it has something to do with your internet. I would look up that throttling thing that I mentioned in the other post.

I'm tethered from my phone to my PC. I tried doing the unthrottle trick but it's still not working. I'm getting speeds of 9MB/s so it shouldn't be an issue with slow internet

I get that sometimes too, but it usually is because I've lost my connection.

I had an issue earlier today that was similar but only lasted about 20 minutes, when i tried the third time over 20 minutes all was normal ....

I'm tethered from my phone to my PC. I tried doing the unthrottle trick but it's still not working. I'm getting speeds of 9MB/s so it shouldn't be an issue with slow internet

This isn't related to your problem but are you really getting speeds of 9MB/s or are you getting 9Mb/s ?

Try a youtube downloading software to see if you're getting any video data from youtube.

JLSE

Open your task manager, find plugin-container.exe This is the process I find to be an issue from time to time,
and killing it usually helps.. along with a refresh of course. You may have something blocking it also which
wont allow video to play. Any new software instals, or or blocked items with an adblock prog??

Looks like the issue was with my adblocker. Youtube seems to have changed something on their website that doesn't allowed you to view videos if you have ads blocked. Hmm, very frustrating! I hate ads!

Now, I'm not sure why but every time I try to tinker with my adblock settings it seems to block me from viewing any videos for a while even if the plugins are disabled. Anyone else using an adblocker on chrome and not having any issues?

Thanks to everyone who helped. JSLE I'll have to keep that one in mind next time I have issues.