Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Anyone bought from Lazerer.com?

50mw or so, that's why I stripped it. When I look at it, it's only the reflection off my hand.
I'll try to get a pic and post it.

Tmack

Wow. I had no idea the crystal process robbed the power that much.

I actually already knew what a DPSS was. But what I mean is I can take off the lens used to focus the laser and look down the module tube and I can see the diode sitting there without anything else in front of it.

Tmack

Damn that's quite bright!
And yeah I. Know what you mean op. possibly you removed the crystal without knowing?

Nah nothing but the lens came out. Also powered it on with the lens and everything removed and it was still green. Must be a 520 nm.

Kinda moot now though. The stupid lens got scratched to uselessness anyways so I just chucked the whole thing in the garbage.

Never buying a laser from anywhere but a good site ever again...

Tmack

Yup that's a lesson quick learned. When you see what your dollars can get you on the forum, you won't want to go anywhere else. Plus you'll be supporting the forum and its members,, always good.

Zeebit

I doubt you have a 520nm diode there.

@OP: If you are not planning on doing a lot of burning then its okay to skip the IR filter buts its definitely better to have one. The IR is not as focused as the green but it is still a hazard.

$100 says you dont have a 520nm diode, those cost around $100 a month or so ago

im 99% sure its a 808nm diode like mentioned above and you just cant see the lens/crystals. if you want to find out for sure then rip it apart or post a picture of the module. if it looks like this then its 100% a 808nm diode
21012-nd-ktp-crystalset-808nm-532nm-cheap-green_laser_module.jpg

These things are put together pretty well. Its not easy to see the crystals unless its ripped apart. Trust us, we've been doing this for some time

So you can get 532 nm that isn't DPSS? I imagining thats expensive as hell.

I really need to get a job so my laser hobby can flourish....

No, 532nm diodes don't exist. However, 520nm diodes do exist, which is what he was talking about. Being direct diodes, what you see is what you get-meaning, all the output is 520nm light with 0 IR. If you want to see a color comparison, click on the "520" in my signature..personally, i like 520 more than 532. More minty/foresty green :)

@crazyspaz- i vaguely remember someone recently saying they found a 532nm diode for sale but it was like $5000 or something crazy like that. I might be dreaming this but im almost 95% sure I recently read this

Okay seeing the picture of the lens part of the DPSS module it looks exactly like what I saw inside mine. In my defense in a hard to see into tube that lens looks a lot like a bare diode. :p