Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Any update on green laser diodes?

I do have DPSS, but otherwise we have 50 mW green diodes. Unfortunately they are controlled to companies only and after a Non- Reverse Engineering Agreement is signed. This will fall away in 2012, likely. For now, I think only a few here could qualify:cryyy:
Diodes @ $250 for ~ 510nm devices. > 515nm is $1300 !

Nichia has parts, but they are very , very expensive, like $4000 still: developed for likely one customer in the medical business. It's a special diode at this point.

The units in one pico projector made by Northwest Co of USA is Korning 1064 to 532 using PPLN, discussed in other threads, and one evaluated (0pened) by member here.

I think LASER66 has some, but they are only the regular DPSS modules in a slightly longer diode can.

It would be indeed interesting how many diodes would KasEO put in a projector like that.

Interesting stuff. I am curious when we will see these out in the market place.

:) From the pics, these green lasers look to be more blue-green, which is ~500-510nm.

I wonder how temperature stable the colour is... I noticed that quite a few laser diodes shift colour slightly depending on how warm they are. 445nm and 650nm are a good examples of this.

All laser diodes shift with both temperature and current. Current has much more of an effect than temperature.