Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Another arrested for pointing lasers at helicopters.

Thanks for the extra info my local paper didn't go into much detail as I think the writers are slightly retarded and they have to write in like a 4 or 5 grade reading level or other wise they wouldn't sell so many papers. Lots of special people around my area.

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
I read that article in "The Oakland Press", an Oakland County based paper.
The story said the local police found him hiding in his garage. He told police he only shined the helicopter once, he said he thought the helicopter was in trouble because it didn't have it's lights on!

It's retards like these that inevitably provoke a reaction from our nanny government to pass more laws to make this hobby far more prohibitive.

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Isn't that the truth! When I went back to check out some parts of the story, I went to the online version, and they showed some reader responses. Sure enough, there was the increasingly familiar call for more "laser control" laws.

SMH really??? I mean REALLY!!? The moron is lucky he didn't have 20 lasers pointing back at him with bullets on the way. It's dumbasses like this who ruin it for everyone.
I don't point ANY laser into the sky, at all.

LaZeRz

I honestly struggle to figure out what goes through these peoples heads when they do stuff like that. It's like waving around a big flag that says "Arrest me".

It would be bad enough if only kids misused lasers but adults as well? Come on...

Spooky

SMH really??? I mean REALLY!!? The moron is lucky he didn't have 20 lasers pointing back at him with bullets on the way.

IFF doesn't like lasers as a UK police officer found out when the weapons system of a hot Typhoon got hit by the speed gun he was using on a hill near a local training area.

I'd put serious $$$$$'s on the fact legislation in all developed countries is not a case of "if" but "When" and "How harsh".

best wishes

Dave

IFF doesn't like lasers as a UK police officer found out when the weapons system of a hot Typhoon got hit by the speed gun he was using on a hill near a local training area.

I'd put serious $$$$$'s on the fact legislation in all developed countries is not a case of "if" but "When" and "How harsh".

best wishes

Dave

Do you have a link for this story? Holy crap, I can only imagine how that one turned out! I tried a google search and found some incidents, but not this one.

Spooky

Just the IFF Rocky, not the urban legend of the missile lock BS that's been floating around for about 25 years :)

I'll go dig up the info and a decent link if I can find it :)

best wishes

Dave

It's retards like these that inevitably provoke a reaction from our nanny government to pass more laws to make this hobby far more prohibitive.
Of all the posts in this thread this is as far as we are concerned the issue they stuff it up for the rest of us .MORE PROHIBITIVE its ridiculous now any more power than two fireflies output and its illegal ....but it makes it just that bit more exciting when something nice does get though customs :na:

Last edited: