Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Another Arcane story

Hi,
These pics were taken as I took this build apart no fluff here just raw images Benm. Oh and that residue on the driver have no idea but it did resemble snot, Gnarly ..
Oh yes Paul its a 5.6 in there for sure buddy spot on,

Rich:)

Last edited:

To me it look like soldering flux burning residue. he probably use tons of it and crap evryting

Benm

Doesn't look like flux residue to me - it seems to have solid particles in it. It actually looks more like someone sprayed the thing with glue, sucked it up with a vacuum cleaner, fished it out of the bag and then sold it :D I have no idea what that crap on the driver board is, but it's definitely not a 'by product' of any normal manufacturing process.

I've seen crap like that in/on laptop components with fans that had been running for years in all sorts of environments, but since this unit has not active cooling of any kind i doubt it could be such contamination either.

Dude got me for $98 .. The refund period had expired because I kept letting him buy more time. At first it was back and forth email tag with "sorry, it's taking so long, yours will be sent first thing tomorrow! I promise! Here's your fake tracking number___" strung me out for months.$98 Lesson learned

GSS

Dude got me for $98 .. The refund period had expired because I kept letting him buy more time. At first it was back and forth email tag with "sorry, it's taking so long, yours will be sent first thing tomorrow! I promise! Here's your fake tracking number___" strung me out for months.$98 Lesson learned
Wow, still more of Eitan's scamming popping up. Stinks you didn't receive any type of unit as you would of at least had a host and heatsink as pretty sure it would of been dead on delivery.:unsure:

Wow, still more of Eitan's scamming popping up. Stinks you didn't receive any type of unit as you would of at least had a host and heatsink as pretty sure it would of been dead on delivery.:unsure:
[/QUOT

That was a few years ago.. Folks were talking about just having Eitan send the parts and at least we'd have something.. Anything.. But then it was brought to light that he most likely didn't have any parts TO send. As he was using up the money from all the orders for other things first. Like happily take your money under the assumption that someday he would get his life together..

GSS

Unfortunely it wasn't the case of him being in hard time's and having to make ends meet. It's a nice thought though Chris.;)
He was shown in pic's to be having some NICE vacations such as Euro Disney and a I believe a Jetta with twin turbo's and the works. All surfaced after his scamming us. He's not a good man:(

Last edited:
The worst is i send it back to be repair to another member it cost me 252$ USD total with shipping and it came back defect i can't use it go back in my scrap drawer. To anyone here please be really careful before doing any transaction with private member here. i got hose 2 time for me Laser is over.....

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
??
Who was the person that was supposed to of repaired it for you? How long ago was this also? There are a few on here that volunteered of their own expense to repair his bad work and only charged shipping.

GSS

I'm very curious also to who this private member that we have to be REALLY careful before doing any transactions????????????????????????????
Did you happen to send it to SOMEONE ELSE other than Lifetime17????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
PLEASE be very careful to who you choose to give a negative remark..:whistle:

I thought grainde also was doing this for the customers of SciFi. I can't imagine someone charging you $252 then returning a non-functioning laser to you. If this is true, I also want to know how it was.

Hi,
Ok I just logged on and clear this up fast. He sent me the Arcane when I received it the diode and driver was shot. I replaced the diode and driver and rewired the contact board. And the total included shipping in two priority mail small flat rate boxes that wasn't cheap. Also when I shipped the build back it was all in satisfactory condition and working properly. I offered to have him send it back to me but he stated that he was disgusted and didn't want to have to pay the high shipping again.
Now if he is reading this post he can send it back to me and I will repair it for no charge to him he will only pay for shipping to Canada.
As all if you know I am a fair person and is always willing to help out as I have done with so many folks here .
If he contacts me I will work things out for him no problem. All my builds are tested many times before they are packed and shipped .

Thank you Rich:)