Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Another Arcane story

GSS

OMG!! Thanks Lifetime.
This nice host never even had a chance:rolleyes:
To think Eitan is still enjoying life to the fullest with no what so ever remorse or guilt. Wait till he meets his maker:D

Wan't to add that the extreme that this weasel wen't through to find the cheapest possible way to find trash and build these had to be harder than actually for one example, ordering just even the some ok wire to use. Even his junk draw had to have better wire.
I'm in on a fund me donation for someone to get a ticket to Isreal and show up at his door if you get my point;) I would go if I had the time...

Last edited:

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Damn, a blind squirrel could do a better job than that; the poor thing didn't stand a chance; I'm suprised that it ever worked!
Tha sad part is that most of his customers probably never opened up their builds to see the aborted mess inside. :eek:

PS -Thanks for sharing; we can all feel better about our laser building skills after seeing this!

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
I don't pretend at all to be great at soldering, or electronics for that matter. But I could do better than that. That's an appalling job. I'm also surprised it worked.

Reactions: GSS
Hi,Yes its a shame to install junk in a nice host like the Arcane . The CU sink is massive this one is getting a 44 but the driver will be sinked on an AL pad or CU pad. The other thing is I think it takes 2X18350's I dont remember but thats what the customer wants.
I like taking these cart just to see the fine workmanship involved LOL !!

Rich:)

Wow, that is a mess. What is all over the driver/contact board? Looks like it was submerged in ocean water. That is some sloppy soldering, but he could have at least clipped the excess wire from the ground connection. YEESH!

Hi Paul,
Yes all weened now is some barnacles , its a shame its a nice host but built with cheesy stuff. He is still haunting us .

Rich;:)

Razako

Wow, I'm actually glad I never got my lasers from them and just got a refund from paypal. A damn Somalian orphanage could probably do better soldering work than that.

Yeah, he did have some nice hosts. Too bad he didn't bother to do a good job making them into laser pointers for people. I wonder if that was his work or if he farmed them out to other people to put together for him. It wouldn't surprise me as he was awfully lazy.

Yea im the happy owner of this brick i paid top $$$$ to get this laser from Etian and it never even light up when receive i try to contact him but he never even reply so it was in a drawer and i never touch it
....thank to phil i hope to now see the light :) Etian sold me this laser as 2.7 watt is it or it? to me it look like part he get from junkyard.

That diode is a 5.6 mm diode. There aren't any that size that output 2.7 watts. There is a 9 mm diode that does from back when you bought this laser. It is the Nichi@ NDB7875, but this ain't that. Probably put an M140 in it which will give you about 1.6 watts with a three element lens. If he used one of his S1 lenses it could output a bit over 2 watts, but that is it.

Benm

Wow, those ground connections and tacked on wires are probably one of the worst bodges i have ever seen.

I still wonder what all that crap on the driver board is... did you take these photo's after some component exploded on there or are they actually made like this?!

Holly Crap.....o_O

It looks like he soldered it with a nail heated with
a match...

Jerry