Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

amateur looking for the best intro laser projector

Hey all;

I've been lurking on this forum trying to pin down what might be the best intro laser projector for me to get. I was definitely interested in the Reke-500 based on other threads...but I have very little mechanical know-how and wouldn't be able to install an aux-in to get a direct link for sound control, and I certainly don't have the software/hardware know-how to design my own show with it.

I guess what I'm looking for is just a simple sound controlled R+B/V or RG projector that'll be bright and get the job done even in a dimly lit room, mainly just to do accurately sound synced beam/scatter projection. Money isn't a big concern though I'd like to stay around/under $300. I've been stumbling around amazon with just no idea what reviews are useful and not... and so I turn to y'all to guide me in the right direction.

Please help me make my home and small party laser light show dreams a reality with helpful advice! much <3

ARG

The REKE-500RGB does have a built in mic, no mods necessary for sound control! :beer: You can always get a fancy show controller if you want to upgrade later then too.

Other than that I recommend you look at American DJ and Chauvet laser units, but they will not get the job done in a dimly lit room. The REKE is really the best bang:buck you're going to find.

The REKE-500RGB does have a built in mic, no mods necessary for sound control! :beer: You can always get a fancy show controller if you want to upgrade later then too.

Other than that I recommend you look at American DJ and Chauvet laser units, but they will not get the job done in a dimly lit room. The REKE is really the best bang:buck you're going to find.

From the videos I've seen I can't really tell; with the Reke-500 in sound mode does it ever do scatter/spread anything like this?

laser-projector-7_G9Tn8_18770.jpg

I know that other models such as ADJ do this but the question of brightness in a non-totally dark room comes up...

I'd prefer not to settle for "just getting something like..." as that phrase can lead into traps like not bright enough, one or both lasers quitting out after a short amount of use, crappy sound mic...which a lot of the reviews on those sorts of diffraction lasers seem to get. Is there one model in particular that has blown people away?

edit: i suppose i could add a slot to slide diffraction gratings directly over the window of the reke 500 and get my desired effect that way? think that would work at all?

Last edited:

Things

The REKE is about all you'll get for your budget, a laser projector that can do more than 1 thing will be starting in the mid thousands $$ range. You're not going to get a quality laser projector for around $300. Times that number by 10 and you're getting there.

Yes, you could stick a diffraction grating in front of the REKE.

If you live in the US, anything over 5mW is illegal without a variance, so take that into consideration if this is to be used for a public display. Getting a cheap Chinese laser approved is NOT easy, in fact there are certain businesses (X-laser) that purely do this, because it is such an in-depth process.

Last edited:
I don't think any diffraction-grating based "projectors" really qualify for "blown away"-class visuals. So those Chinese ones are probably as good as they come.

What are you really seeking here? It's not like a Reke 500 projector, with a diffraction grating in front or not, is amazing quality either.

I don't think any diffraction-grating based "projectors" really qualify for "blown away"-class visuals. So those Chinese ones are probably as good as they come.

What are you really seeking here? It's not like a Reke 500 projector, with a diffraction grating in front or not, is amazing quality either.

I'm looking for something that I know i'm getting my moneys worth for in terms of power and visuals, and will last awhile.

Things

Would definitely go for the REKE-500 then. Many people here have them and I haven't seen any complaints of they dieing. Of course they're cheap, so don't expect quality or anything like that, but they work and not die after 5 minutes of use.

You could also look for a Reke brand of those diffraction grating laser systems. Reke seems to produce decent stuff, but I don't think there really is much difference between projector manufacturers at that level anyway.

Hello Checkers,
this may be another option:
over at PhotonLexicon.com there are two threads about (mainly) the Spencers RGB party laser, the 2nd revision of this is even better, the guys are hacking it and eventually may take ultimate control of it, currently it is ran off and SD card and this 2nd version has some fast and clean grahics.
It will play ILDA files and is RGB
here is page two of the thread, if you dont have an account over
there you may at least be able to see the images from a similar projector that I posted
and hosted myself... I am not sure how that works there - if you can see the pics but yet I also provided links.
The Spencers unit is priced at $169:
Laser Projector (Red, Green, Purple) "Laser 3D Party Light" from Spencer's - Page 4
when I come across the 2nd link in my subscribed thread's email I will return with the other link.

Last edited:
What rgb would you reccomend for 1000 or less the reke or something else. I am really looking to stay at 600 but would go more if its worth it and under 1000