Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Aixiz Hacked - Stay cautious around March 8th.

I visited yesterday and Firefox showed me a warning that the site was redirecting to a compromised site after clicking the Laser Accessories link. After a refresh it didn't show it anymore. I wonder if the site has code to only intermittently redirect people in order to stay under the radar more.

Regardless, until Chuck has confirmed that his site is completely fixed I am going to avoid that site. He should probably just wipe the entire thing and start over.

I visited yesterday and Firefox showed me a warning that the site was redirecting to a compromised site after clicking the Laser Accessories link. After a refresh it didn't show it anymore. I wonder if the site has code to only intermittently redirect people in order to stay under the radar more.

Regardless, until Chuck has confirmed that his site is completely fixed I am going to avoid that site. He should probably just wipe the entire thing and start over.

Yup. That's what I had to do multiple times when using Zen-Cart.. such a POS.

If he had done the steps on this page How to secure your osCommerce 2.2 site. - osCommerce Support Forum then there would be much less likely chance the site would have been hacked.

-Kendall

X FLY

Yup. That's what I had to do multiple times when using Zen-Cart.. such a POS.

If he had done the steps on this page How to secure your osCommerce 2.2 site. - osCommerce Support Forum then there would be much less likely chance the site would have been hacked.

-Kendall

An easier way to secure any site is to just 1. disable FTP access, 2. set htaccess files read only and 3. set every permission database as read only. Thats how I secure my sites :) Ofcourse that doesn't protect from lets say XSS attacks but unless you are using a badly coded search tool that should be a problem, and even if your site was vulnerable to XSS attacks unless there are other security holes too you should be safe.

Last edited:

ped

Like Bionic said.. wipe it clean.

"nuke the site from orbit....its the only way to be sure"

jakeGT

Thank you so much hak! I have been NEEDING That website/link! +rep for keeping us in the Loop with aixiz, everybody needs aixiz modules at some point in time no matter what!