Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

AixiZ 'G' lens changes

to me from AixiZ

'L Henz' me
http://laserpointerforums.com/l

Need to talk to you for some info that needs to get out on the forum regarding these lenses.
The existing G2 is a 10mm lens. The shiny brass case at that length is causing internal reflections which is degrading the diodes. We have fixed that issue by all our new G2s now have anodized cases to eliminate the reflections in the 10mm case.
We have also shortened the case to 8mm which does not have a reflection issue at that size.
So, the AixiZ G2 options are 10mm anodized or 8mm shiny for the above reasons. I don’t think anyone else has caught this issue out there.

V/R Chuck

still ONLY 10$ for the three glass element (400-450nm)
or the G single element (all visible wavelengths )

hope this is helpful---hak

rhd

When they say "existing G2", are they referring to the $10 single element lenses everyone is using now?

Because if so, I'm 95% certain those aren't 10mm focal length lenses. I think they're under 5mm.

Last edited:
Yeah it is 4.02mm. I think the 10mm is referring to the length of the lens holder itself.

Alan

I'm happy to hear about the anodized and shortened lens holders (and the price too); however, as noted above, the existing G1 and G2 have very short focal lengths. According to the Laser66 site, home of the original "G"-series lenses, those lenses have a 2.39mm back focal length. If the lens described above has a 10mm focal length the internal reflections are probably caused because the lens is so far away from the diode. It also means that the lens isn't capturing as much light and shouldn't qualify as a "G"-type lens. If AixiZ could clarify these issues, that'd be great.

Last edited:
Im on it--
I think the reflection problem was brought to the attention of AixiZ by one or two buyers- not many-- so a change was made to another order of them.

afaik all other G2 sellers are selling the same ( before the change) and it is likely that the same China optic 'maker' makes them all..

jayrob

Hey Hak I would like to see if you can verify that this lens from AixiZ is in fact a G2 optic or is it something similar?

The reason is because a member contacted me to make him just the lens nut for the G2 lens, but I'm guessing that this lens is not actually G2 because it is too cheap to be a G2 lens??

I don't want to bore out a lens nut for the guy just to find out that his 'G2' AixiZ lens is different from an acutall G1/G2 lens.

If it is different, they need to call it something else. G3 or what ever. But not G2 or G1 because that's confusing. (unless it really is the exact same optic)

Can you find out and clarify?

Last edited:
It can't be the real G2 because they are made in the USA and are $25 for just the bare lens, or 50 for $1050, that's still $21 for each lens without the lens holder. These have got to be something similar that's made in China or they couldn't sell them at such a low price. Nothing wrong with them though, I just got three of them to try out, fortunately mine have the 10mm lens holder, I have a feeling people are going to have a problem with an 8mm lens holder and not be able to use a focus ring because they may have to screw it all the way into the module to focus. There was already another thread where someone had this problem.

The G1 lenses were discontinued last July due to lack of sales.

Alan

jayrob

It can't be the real G2 because they are made in the USA and are $25 for just the bare lens, or 50 for $1050, that's still $21 for each lens without the lens holder. These have got to be something similar that's made in China or they couldn't sell them at such a low price. Nothing wrong with them though, I just got three of them to try out, fortunately mine have the 10mm lens holder, I have a feeling people are going to have a problem with an 8mm lens holder and not be able to use a focus ring because they may have to screw it all the way into the module to focus. There was already another thread where someone had this problem.

The G1 lenses were discontinued last July due to lack of sales.

Alan

Yes I'm doubting that these are the same optic as G1/G2 and should be called something else...

Guessing maybe G9 from projectors??

By the way, G1/G2 are still available...

Last edited:
[1st my apolgies and empathy if you are reading this on your phone and for its length)

@ Jay

Guessing maybe G9 from projectors??

do you mean the same lens or pulls?? no way these were pulls from projectors.

but its possible the are the same lens that we found in Ben Qs. I have no idea
:eek:
these have been here a while and lots are happy with them.

Somebody in Houston got 100 from the first order ( not a huge order I am thinking)
so AixiZ had to reorder soon after.

AixiZ goes to China in person - visit the place that has made a gazillion lenses for AixiZ to thier specs-

t
- so if its a 'clone' or whatever-

its still a good lens -& afaik pretty well AR coated for all visible wavelengths.

He mentioned to me that he felt bad for Jordan, Jay,Jeff and more.

AFAIK its exactly the same 'G' O-Like has been selling also for some time at $10- the 'aixiz' modi=ules that all other vendors get from china are from the same place- and sometimes the stuff I read about O-like Aixiz mosules makes me think- 'seconds' ones not passing QC for AixiZ - some where bigger or smaller or crooked.

I asked Chuck how he felt about all those vendors using his Companies name (or something very close) & he said that did not bother him - flattery maybe- BUt he has an ongoing problem with China greedbayers even stealing his pics- copypasta of his listings. they can buy clones and don have to ship across borders so --duh of course AixiZ cannot always compete with O-like- they can buy local and sell defective items.

I wish I had much more first hand knowledge and a better understanding about all this.:eek:
Every day is a learning experience.:D

I *think* i have this much straight
the shorter 8 mm is brass and $10
the longer 10 mm is black anodized and $8.
^^ this one was first and for some made reflections (IIRC)

anyway Monday Chuck will read this entire thread (he relies sometimes on me to send him links to stuff to read---no time to spend lurking or posting much at the forums-
Maybe send him an email monday about these issue and ANY questions- then,

Give Chuck a day and Tue or Wed ..Jayrob or any of you who want- give him a call 1-713 249 4929.

best times are 8 am to noon- weekdays-(Central time)
He is away sometimes for a few days (Capt. in Coast Guard Houston)

The first AixiZ G lens- and the Joker GB (not O-Like) are afaik exactly the same 'G' as O-Like has been selling also for some time at $10-

the 'aixiz' blank modules that all other vendors get from china are from the same place- and sometimes the stuff I read about O-like Aixiz modules makes me think- 'seconds' ....ones not passing QC for AixiZ - some where bigger or smaller or crooked
threads were off, etc.

they still have $5 glass for red laser
the 3 element 400-450 $10 ( or8)
the 400-450 Full thread ( IIRC formally the 405 half thread)
empty lens housings <$2 10 pcs- add your lens
and the old stock acrylic lens in placxtic housing
prices approx.

Give Chuck a day and Jayrob or any of you who want- give him a call 1-713 249 4929.

best times are 9 am to noon- weekdays-(houston time)

He is away sometimes for a few days (Capt. in Coast Guard Aux. Houston)

thanks for ALL input and for helping Nute-

hope this helps

Len

Last edited:

Podo

I'm happy to hear about the anodized and shortened lens holders (and the price too); however, as noted above, the existing G1 and G2 have very short focal lengths. According to the Laser66 site, home of the original "G"-series lenses, those lenses have a 2.39mm back focal length. If the lens described above has a 10mm focal length the internal reflections are probably caused because the lens is so far away from the diode. It also means that the lens isn't capturing as much light and shouldn't qualify as a "G"-type lens. If AixiZ could clarify these issues, that'd be great.

There another new lens I didn't put in the test earlier was the "10mm" back focal one - G8 and actually it's 11mm back focal iirc with 8mm in dia. The reason behind I never tested it simply like you said : the lens isn't capturing as much light from the diode which makes it somehow even worst than 3-elements. That's why I only promoting the 8mm focal,G7.:whistle: I doubt if it can even fit inside a m9.holder too. The name g7/8 are just for me to specific which lens I am talking about, not real name.

Last edited: