Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Advertizing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dose any one else see advertizing on the left side of the front page here, or am I'm just loosing it :crackup:
There is a woman with a telephone head set on in Philomath, OR. selling drain cleaning :thinking:

Last edited:

Yea I have too, and the ads direct me to Asheville services. I don't like it.

don't see it, are you talking about at the top by the banners? all i have there is printer advertising.... which is still annoying

They are many! Not only one woman! Plus it's like the same ad 2 times?! This sucks take it off Avery :(

Last edited:
So mine is for Oregon, I'll just bet yours is for your area :thinking:

So is any one also having Looong connect times when sending a PM now ???

Last edited:

TuhOz

I see it too..

But LPF/admins gets money for those ads, so its a good thing :p

Last edited:
I see it too..

But LPF/admins gets money for those ads, so its a good thing :p

It's a good thing to an extent.. but the greed of 'free money for doing nothing' got to the point a long time ago that most of the internet became more ads than content. I draw the line at 20% of the screen area being ads.. Which even LPF has surpassed.

More ads on a site generally acts the same as higher taxes. It seldom increases revenue as planned. Generally it just encourages people to find ways to avoid them. In the tax example, it's finding more loopholes and tax free investment options like IRA's etc. in regards to ads, it just makes people install ad blocking software.

Last edited:

Ears and Eggs

Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
I don't notice anything different. Must just be something on the other theme. :D

attachment.php

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    78.7 KB · Views: 322

c0ldshadow

LPF Founder / Admin
Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
hey guys , thanks for feedback

the # of ads is actually significantly reduced from what it was before on the top. i added some addition to the javascript to target the ads on lasers more so they should be less annoying.

please remember that advertising is necessary to pay for the costs of LPF such as hosting which is currently $365/month.

if LPF didn't have success in advertising, there would be no way for the site to pay for itself except charging for membership (which i wouldnt ever want to do or plan to do) and/or relying solely on donations

if you put yourself in my shoes i think you will see where i am coming from=)

take care
peace
-ave

Last edited:
I wasn't saying they weren't necessary. I was just commenting that when they get out of hand and become really annoying, they will generate less revenue due to more people blocking them.

c0ldshadow

LPF Founder / Admin
Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
understood, but over the last few months, the # ads on the top and bottom has reduced, not increased.

take care
enjoy the forum
peace
-ave

IIRC he has taken a banner of of the top and bottom ...th only thing that really bothers me about it is it makes the page look unbalanced and im a bit OCD.... ROFL

Status
Not open for further replies.