Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

ADD 505nm & 515nm greens to your collection for less than $60-$hip free add ac/dc get PLUGPLAY

LaserRanger

The quadcopter did but not the wireless camera transmitter I was attempting to mount on it lol
lesson learned to always check polarities

I think that our mindset is from years of 'old fashioned' flashlight use.
Its , for some, second nature to do things like:

step 1)aim it into your eyes and turn off and on repeatedly
or
bang on it on the palm of your hand.
and repeat step 1

or
reverse the batteries.

None of which helps most lasers work. imo

Sorry, Len. I did mention that the polarity on these can be different, however. I have not made that mistake as I always look before I leap. I have too many of these module lasers and they are all either reversed polarity or sometimes the size is different. I do apologize for misleading anyone into ordering the wrong connector, but it was an honest mistake.

GSS

.... Unsure what you exactly mean-- but you have more replies and help (what would we do without our friends at the forum THANX!!!!)
Yep, I didn't explain it well...Len i'm just planning on using the power cord or supply from those cheap Harbor Freight Tools dremels. They come with a 12V wall "wart" as Paul said:giggle: that has the male 5.5mm round plug, and the dremel cord has the female 5.5mm end for the connect.
I could cut the 5.5mm male and direct wire the the JST to the 12V wall supply as Paul does but I don't want to ruin that 12V supply just yet unless I find one somewhere in my apartment laying around.
Well really good info here I woke up to like you said and the labby was ordered yesterday and will be on the slow boat from China so I have some time to order what I might need..
Good thing I have just recently got some tiny 5mw red lasers prewired to test the possible polarity issue's with the JSTs.

GSS

Nice and thanks for the links.. Searching on ebay gets exhausting for me:rolleyes:
Reusable also..:)

GSS

Silly question, for members that bought these cheap labby style modules. Do you remember how they were packaged for shipment or how existotem ships them, padded envolope or boxes?
Only asking because my mail box is limited in size and don't know if i'll be home and never know what time when my mail come's, could be 9 AM or 6 PM..:unsure:

GSS
you ordered from ebay 'blab1381? aka Alan aka KingKube at LPF.???
He sent me 2 pcs same size (but 445 blue labs) the package was well done- but not overly big. He uses a 'better' shipping way and his stuff gets here as fast or faster than anyone else..and he sends out same day.

PLEASE make a pic heavy forum review.

His wife Lin has >500 items now -only a few are Alan's listings
Later at your Ebay -purchases- eventually a new option there 'write a review' EEKBah makes you wait before you can post a review-coupla weeks.

hak

edit at
chloderic
YES! I saw those.. neat.
TY for the link- big time saver!!

GSS

Hi Hak, i'm logging off for a couple hours but a quick note I ordered it from Existotem.
Had I known or read the opening post a bit better I would of went Alan as of these modules all seem the same and the quicker shipment would of been a big plus..:(
I messaged Existotem about how its packaged and even though it suppositly shipped on the 9th and landed in the US on 14th, he told me he would package it in a bubble wrap, whatever that means??:unsure::whistle: Tracking also stalled and hasn't been updated since the 14th:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Since this is described as a cyan or mint blue it is likely higher than 488nm. All my 488nm or lower wavelength diodes look very blue, not cyan at all.

Reactions: GSS
I bought 3 (on sale at exitote)before Alan got some. IMHO they are 488.. whatev.. the color blew me away.. soon will be magenta (200mW 650) & the other true AQUA B+G. ( or teal) . AFAIK place to add the second laser are there. and fan. mine look like Alan's pic.. asking him now to add close=up pic on the driver.. AND he needs to add the awesome divergence 1mRad.. to the title imo