Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

ADD 505nm & 515nm greens to your collection for less than $60-$hip free add ac/dc get PLUGPLAY

Those are called JST connectors. The two pins ones are 1.25mm and come as male or female connectors.
well not eggs zactly.
the come in pairs or sets. AixiZ has a boatload and gave me at LEAST 60 PCS W/ 8 INCH WIRES.... BUT no females..he does not actually need them- drivers have the female on the boards for ..12vdc power-in-..TTL all 3 lasers and a spot of a fan . weird that it is like this and weird that we both would be seeking them at the same time.HELP name of parts where to buy.jpg

I have sent a few messgs to vendors who claim they cannot send only females!! wtF/??
waiting now to hear back from other sellers on JST 2pin 1.25 ..female only.

Dees R dem

the standard for all drivers I HAVE EVER SEEN.

ONE claiming to be USA said 'for an order like that we would need to ship from China' -- I replied NO PROBLEM> but never herd back

Reactions: GSS

GSS

If i'm to buy the 532nm unit will the only source to power both the fan and the laser need to be the 12V female JST.
The other female 5V TTL's JST's are for if this driver was running a RGB unit , am I correct?

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
The TTL is only needed if you want to modulate the unit, so in your case not needed at all. The 12V source should be all you need.
You only need another power source for it if it is analogue modulation.

GSS

Ok pulled the trigger and ordered the Existotem 532 labby.
I'm only posting because it's my first labby style.
I was PMing with Curtis and dwelling on it and like I told him, if I can pay $10 for a pack of ciggs then paying $18 for something that I won't smoke:unsure: away is a no brainer.

Last edited:

LaserRanger

https://www.ebay.com/itm/532nm-mw-80mw-Green-Laser-Module-for-Stage-Light-Lab-Light-source-12V-TTL-FAN/331771646136?_trkparms=aid=111001&algo%DREC.SEED...
What extra am I basicly going to need to power this up? Same connector's for the driver? and will a male plug 12V source adapt.
Edit: what i'm seeing for the complete kit with 12V AC power source to the male/female connect and then to the driver i'm needing to pay around $30:(

Just thinking and also don't have the patients for 5 weeks from China shipping:unsure:

I believe that Isa micro jst connector.. Buut that's not much help lol
There's a few sizes for that micro jst. I bought a similar module on ebay for 30 bucks and it came with a spare ttl connector that I used to splice a more common barrel connector, the connectors for the fan and diode to the driver are the same

Last edited:

LaserRanger

Any info or idea's are helping..thank you and i'll look the micro size JST's..

The ttl connector is the same size as the connector for the diode and the fan and the power input. If you don't need the ttl, like in my case, use it to create a plug that best works for you

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
This is an option if you don't intend to use TTL. ^^^ Just wire your positive to the yellow and negative to the black to keep things simple. The leads are the same gauge so should easily handle the voltage and current of the main power source instead.

GSS

My plan is to use the 12V power source from my cheap $10 Harbor Freight Dremel that has a 5.5mm male / female connect and splice the wires from the female plug to the JST's.. I think it should work??