Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

ADD 505nm & 515nm greens to your collection for less than $60-$hip free add ac/dc get PLUGPLAY

While both of these COULD be made into 'porta-labbys' AND DOI have tiny footprint.. these are NOT Penpointers nor do they make a good small flashlight build. Possible in maglite build. 3 or 4 18650s
The advantages include no rest cycling-100% duty-and thus a longer lifespan. and an end to buying primary batts.

and excellent divergences.. 1mrad.

These were just listed at Alan's (& wife) Ebay store..$29.50 each.. finding a better deal is not easy.. and its apples and oranges comparing them w/ DPSS 532s.
WHICH are dirt cheap now as well..$19 & change. (existotem sale ending today)

Seller's title has iirc '30mW to 50mW ???? what?? is some one getting sneaky here?? LIKE 'IF you have access to a LPM-its a 30mW.. if you do not it is a 50mW) lololol

Alan is a 'newish' member here 'KingKube' ebay is blab1391-- I gave him that nick after winning three of his 18mm X Kube auction listings for total 8 cents( 1+6+1) w/ free$hip of course. I was his first buyer .. & their only bidder twice.

I like really like these vdc 'mini' labs.. AixiZ has many to pick from but these are not there yet. AND Chuck AND MANY OTHERS must sell high enough to at LEAST not lose money.
You can build a RGB that fits in your palm. (big hands required)

https://www.ebay.com/itm/515nm-60mW...h=item4b58d394b0:g:Q5kAAOSwB19cHLFy:rk:1:pf:0

https://www.ebay.com/itm/505nm-100mW-Laser-Module-Green-Laser-Module-TTL-1-mrad-100-Duty-Laser-Diode/323612753001?hash=item4b58d2bc69:g:65UAAOSwgGZcHKLf:rk:7:pf:0

LOADING these pics was a huge PITA.. will fix later-PM Alan via LPFs-l1600  SUPER CHEAP 532.jpgs-l1600 KK 505 100mW.jpg if you want--username KingKube _

Ebay pics-- I do not have (yet) either of these..new listings yesterday.
the last one is the <$20 532 mini lab from existotem (end of sale today) its the one w/ the ruler==& has fan &'might' have adjustable focus. update-see the pic there is a dab of glue at 12 and 6 o clock get thatout with nedle etc and te two holes allow you to fchange the focus with tool or needle-图片 515 100mw KK  27$.jpgs-l225  KKs 515 60mW.jpgnose pliers --hemos etc
KK greens have no fans. AND afaik are fixed focus..
BTW they (Thood-NewGaz- Existotem (et al?) 'take turns' with these 'sales' - I would not be surprised if all had the same fax number--That was used to prove that DinoDirect had 4 or 5 other 'stores' and therefore had NOT stopped selling>5mW..

Last edited:

Nice, Len. I didn't see your links at first. Sorry about that. Thanks.

Do you have a link to the Existotem one? I would like to have a look at it before the sale is over.

Last edited:
yep--but sale is OVER BUT it is relisted even cheaper!!!
der givin' away 532s--less than $18 now.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/532nm-50mW...m=331771646136&_trksid=p2045573.c100033.m2042

their pic is dated 2014!!

here are some others,,

l. lands 532 mini lab
https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=m570.l1313&_nkw=532nm+30mW+50mW+&_sacat=0
no fan-- tiny ..
or
w/ fan and mo $$ at 'leadingtech'

https://www.ebay.com/itm/High-Power...=item3ab6d53bfe:g:cogAAOSwIwhWTEbE:rk:28:pf:0

They have something there about 'wholesale prices'--wonder how many must be bought>???
??Groupo Buyo'??

Thanks, Len. I guess that would be a good deal, but I have enough of these lab 532nm lasers already at greater than 50 mW. I really don't need another one even at < $18.00. But, it would be a very good deal for someone who hasn't yet gotten one of these. ;)

GSS

Living out of my change jar for the rest of this Christmas month but if any available in a week ""which I doubt and the sale ends"" till I know my cash flow I would love one for my first labby.
I promised family and myself no Credit cards for laser's..

Yeah, I use my credit cards to purchase lasers, but pay them off before the accrue any interest. I have three cards that have cash back rewards that I like to take advantage of.

SMART--both of you.. I won't be buying one either.. but it sure is tempting lol

For those who may be interested.. that same or POSSIBLY even cheaper sale price will come back around.

I and some others know/think that at least 3 fairly big laser seller at ebay are pretty much the same people.. which I know for a fact happens... nothing beats being your own biggest competition(s).

My guess is that
1) these 532s are 'loss leaders' like eggs for 99cents. there is a good reason why the 'essentials' are always in the far back of the retail stores.
And those displays blocking the isles.. on purpose!!!-to keep you in the store longer-

sometimes I feel like I am a 'lab rat' running the maze.

guess 2)--the DL greens are here and these loss leader sales help 'Robinson, 'et al' to get us back and buying other items as well.

I think you cannot buy lab 'housings' the lens and driver and the heat sink AND the Green DPSS-- for that.. add labor--why build when you can buy so cheap and easy-- of course hardly any 532 greens are 'builds' except with modules which is kinda cheating. lol

At one of more of the THOOD stores.. 'New Gazer' myb- has 'contact us for wholesale prices' or something like that--inviting you to get them even cheaper and hopefully not by just a few cents...

Those that have never done a GB-- Are you really sure you want to?

Sadly many members had GBs that went very bad and it often forced them to leave the forums.... sooner or later.
This one SHOULD be easy YES? .. NO!
Most of your so-called 'profit' ( if you can call it that) is lost by
your labor and gas for runs to the PO and shipping supplies etc and are often left out of the 'expenses'. So breaking even w/o including all that is NOT breaking even..

many times the GB host, for all the effort is lucky ending up with just one of the lasers. (& myb just a discount)

WE (USA)are already, before the GB even starts, are at a great disadvantage over China--
WHY? shipping--
...that 'free shipping' IS actually free..thus when a seller charges ( for smaller items IIRC)that is profit.. if WE offer free shipping (again even small items) we get no free shipping and that is a GB killer... just a wild guess BUT- to actually make -'something good' you would not have all sent to you for reshipping.. instead get the seller to ship to the list you give them. Easiest/best with large items like Projectors.

BUT I would think to make it 'work' you would need your wholesale price to be around $10 per labby... AND keep the shipping still free for all. Your GBers would need to be happy with even a small drop in pricing--we cannot ever allow our selves to compete with 'Loss Leader' listings.. no way..

Some members do GBs basically just to make friends.. fair enough--nothing wrong with that ...Been There Done That or BTDT). BUT if things go sideways (AND they can!!) you will not make many/any new friends.
And myb lose some old friends..& $$$$ I know having hosted 25+ GBs.
Still tempted? feel free to PM me for help( or to talk you out of it lol).. hak >(*U*)<

Last edited:
No, I did my share of group buys several years ago. It is always a lot of work and incidental expenses always occur. Even the ones that went off without much of a hitch, still had problems that were completely out of my hands. And, the friends you make soon forget about the group buy, so you really don't make friends doing them at all.

I really feel ya.
ATM I an tempted to do another GB on those 405 diodes that make ~1W just fine.. but for those w/ 'no fear' they can make more (~1.5W) but risk a shorter lifespan. I did one a while back and sold all I needed to sell very fast.
I have not used yet any I kept..sorry... been REAL bust/lazy lately.. see thread at GB section.

GSS

https://www.ebay.com/itm/532nm-mw-80mw-Green-Laser-Module-for-Stage-Light-Lab-Light-source-12V-TTL-FAN/331771646136?_trkparms=aid=111001&algo%DREC.SEED...
What extra am I basicly going to need to power this up? Same connector's for the driver? and will a male plug 12V source adapt.
Edit: what i'm seeing for the complete kit with 12V AC power source to the male/female connect and then to the driver i'm needing to pay around $30:(

Just thinking and also don't have the patients for 5 weeks from China shipping:unsure:

Last edited:

GSS

Yup, I just called them male too:whistle:
I have a few 12V laying around from various tools like a dremel but the female end that splits into seperate wires for the driver I don't have, nor no what call them?? I don't think any RC type connects are the same.
It's a deal killer if I have to pay alot more for them just for the $18 labby I linked..

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
Well they technically are regardless of what connector they are.
I believe I might have found them.
Am I right in thinking they are JST-XH connectors?
I'm thinking about getting a 7.4v NiMH battery pack to make a portable out of of that 505. Would be the cheapest option for a portable that I can find.
But I need to know that I can connect to the power board, and charge the pack up again using the same connector.

GSS

Just looking and they do look it but what size, and what do they call the female end of the I think 5.5mm size DC connector to the board?

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
Tbh Peter, i'm not sure. I'm struggling to find the info out myself.
Just spent ages looking for battery packs with those connectors.

GSS

I saw and there's a ton of them!!
I'm sure someone will chime in soon:whistle: