Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Acupuncture with 405nm lasers?

That's such a scam! Only the stuff with needles actually works. Electrical stimulation of those needles works as well

Exactly my thoughts! and i feel sorry for the sucker that got scammed for 200 dollars...

Morgan

^ Another useless post Nanolaser. That's two in two minutes. Not cool...

M
:)

Coming up on Penn & Teller...

I'm actually watching season 8 and it's been pretty poor so far, the topics are too vague.

Shallow and pedantic.

0.jpg

Cheerleading? Shamon... I want to see some religion bashing :(

Last edited:

TTerbo

Its the Placebo effect.
have you guys seen these new "Powerbands" that are being sold for $60.??

cheers

The Placebo effect is very real, and should not be forgotten when considering the effectiveness of all these "therapies".

Benm

Any medical treatment shoud show both better-than-placebo effect and a plausible mechanism for its action. This clearly lacks the latter, and probably the first too if you do proper research.

I'm a bit concerned with such rogue therapeutic applications really. Bluray lasers can be used to produce a sting sensation on the skin with very moderate power (100 mW focussed will do it easily for most people), but there is no data on efficacy, and even safety is debatable since such applications can cause minor burns quite easily.

I'd suggest never to put any body part in the way of a 100 mW+ green or bluray beam if it can be avoided. The realistic odds of that resulting in burns are there, but the odds of those burns turning into something nasty later on are usually small. Still, since the therapy is not effective, there should be no reason to take the risk, no matter how small it is.

The last thing we need is quacks using lasers as bogus treatment options - not a very good thing for the image of the laser industry that has so many real-world useful applications as it is!

another one bites the dust.... I just love when people who don't know about lasers buys something for like 100+ for something like a PHR with the word kipkay stuck to it. Its such a shame how people make money off the people who lack basic understanding of what they are about to buy...

Acupuncture is nonsensical enough. Now people think they can scam people into doing it with a laser?

Buyer be ware, this has been said through out the ages ! If you don't understand what it is your buying maby you shouldn't be buying it :thinking:

another one bites the dust.... I just love when people who don't know about lasers buys something for like 100+ for something like a PHR with the word kipkay stuck to it. Its such a shame how people make money off the people who lack basic understanding of what they are about to buy...

While I was looking to see if some prices dropped on ebay for 405nm stuff I came across this....

The New 405nm Violet Laser for Chiropractic Acupuncture - eBay (item 280500835123 end time Jun-30-10 10:31:21 PDT)

Seems like someones found an acupuncture use for 405nm's or its just a placebo scam.

I STILL have a lovely scar from a overpowered 6x blu-ray who's beam I briefly interrupted with the back of my hand by accident. Won't do it again. Burnt my hand instantly and deeply (yes, second degree burn). Left a raised blister that didn't heal for 1 month. 6x output was probably over 350mW or closer to 400mW. Current was ~500mA due to a driver configuration error.

Acupuncture isn't a swift idea with 405nm!! It is not only a penetrating laser wavelength it also is near UV so there is THEORETICALLY a risk to the users over prolonged exposure for skin cancers.