Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Acrylic Lenses

daguin

I got a couple of these "new" lenses from Virtual Village on eBay

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250268517093

This will be a very quick and dirty review of them.

When they arrived I easily noticed the bluish tint of AR coating for red light. It is the "darkest" coating of this type I have seen. I tried them out is several different lasers. They effect the output in an almost identical manner as the AixiZ glass lenses do. However, the "scatter" of the beam is significantly higher. The beam coming out of these have a very visible "halo" of "speckled" light around it.

They effect the blu-ray in a similar manner as the Aixiz glass lens as well. The output of the blu-ray is significantly reduced.

The only good things I found with these lenses was the rear of the aperture. Instead of a small hole in the back these have a large opening. Also, the retaining ring is easy to remove so if you need to change the lens it is no problem. This might also be a factor if IgorT's custom lenses turn out to be as good as we think they will. Not only will it be easy to replace the lens, but they already have a nice, CLEAN, large opening in the back.

All things considered, I will NOT be purchasing any more of these lenses.

Peace,
dave

jayrob

Thanks for sharing Dave!

These fit the AixiZ module correct? Do you know if the I.D. is the same? I mean, if the fit for the lens size is the same for changing lenses?
Jay

daguin

jayrob said:
Thanks for sharing Dave!

These fit the AixiZ module correct? Do you know if the I.D. is the same? I mean, if the fit for the lens size is the same for changing lenses?
Jay

They are interchangeable with the AixiZ.

Peace,
dave

jayrob

Excellent option for mounting one of Igor's custom glass lenses then! Good find Dave. :)
Jay

daguin

jayrob said:
Excellent option for mounting one of Igor's custom glass lenses then! Good find Dave. :)
Jay

**continues to wait excitedly patiently** ;)

Peace,
dave

daguin

Rangedunits said:
At least they are good looking.

*Meet Dave ^^ :D I gotta watch that movie.

The critics hated it, but Eddie Murphy continues to be on of the top 5 earning performers in Hollywood.

Peace,
dave

It looks like these are the same lenses that come in the dilda. Acrylic, AR coated, and have a big opening in the back!

These are most likely the same lenses that come with the
as-named by me (Gen 2) Dilda Lazor. ;)