Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Acebeam X80 - some pics and thermal test

Bacon

I got a Acebeam X80 for fun, but it has turned into my goto light now since even the low setting is usually enough. I tested how long it will stay in "ultra" mode (5mins @ 162°F) and gets uncomfortably hot to hold. Not sure why one battery was hotter than the others, but they were a mixed batch in the video.. It gets even hotter, quicker in a humid summer night. The UV is cool too. I might have to get some outdoor shots sometime.

Here is what LEDs it has according to Acebeam:
12 xhp 50
1 nicha 267a 365nm
2 xpe2-b4 475nm
2 xpe2-g3 530nm
2 xpe2-r2 630nm

I R8 8/8 M8

Thermal:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ngfTobZ1DXc

LEDs:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sTfOhUff7xk

Some pics. (links)
http://556x45.com/lz/20180221_231012.jpg
http://556x45.com/lz/20180221_231505.jpg
http://556x45.com/lz/20180222_180010.jpg

Last edited:

Encap

Nice - that Acebeam is one bright flashlight @ 25,000 lumens in a small package + the multi color LEDs

Their build quality is excellent as well-----enjoy it.

Bacon

Thanks! My crypto crap is finally paying off. So I can get the lasers and flashlights Ive always wanted.
Now I just need something in 477nm and 589nm; those should be cheap and easy to find.. :undecided:

There is a new diode at 473 nm, but I guess you want a DPSS? The odd 473 and 589 do pop up from time to time in the BST section, but they are still quite rare and expensive esp the latter. CNI might have some modules if you ask them, but I’m not sure they are offering handhelds any more? :beer:

Can't see the pics... They arwe 5 times larger than
my computer screen... which means that your text
is just as wide.
Default Pic size on LPF is 800 X 600 Pixels...

You've been on LPF since 2013 and should
be aware that not all members have 50" monitors...

Jerry

Bacon

Can't see the pics... They arwe 5 times larger than
my computer screen... which means that your text
is just as wide.
Default Pic size on LPF is 800 X 600 Pixels...

You've been on LPF since 2013 and should
be aware that not all members have 50" monitors...

Jerry

Might be time to upgrade those monitors ay? Looks good on my 20 and 32in...

They have been linkified ;)

Last edited:
Man, That Acebeam looks pretty good. I do like the number and variety of LEDs used in it. I would consider getting one, but flashlights aren't my thing. + Rep.

Pman

Confused about the batteries. Are they not all the same? Not a good sign if they are not all discharging together. I would purchase all new cells such as Samsung 25r. I had a battery issue with a 4 cell flashlight once when I first got it and upon inspection found that one of the springs was compressed more than the other 3 for some reason so it didn't make proper contact. Don't think that's your issue though. Looks like you are mixing cells which you should never do. They will draw from each other.
Man that thing looks nasty bright:) How much for that beast?

Just looked at it. $300 and rated up to 25000lm for 1 minute+. Supposed to come with its own batteries. Did you buy it new or used? Just trying to figure out if you are running it with the batteries its supposed to come with or thw mixed ones in the pic. Assuming Ultra mode is Turbo +

Last edited:
This is what caught my eye, that's one hell of a nice stout battery holder, look at how thick those nice springs are, nice.

Pman

It's what caught my eye too except I was looking at the mismatched batteries. Took a guess that he is using them especially as he mentioned a battery issue. Why I recommended 4 new Samsung 25r as they won't mind the load a although he could go with whatever the good 3100mAh range pan or Sanyo cells are. All cells should be drawing down together.

Bacon

Confused about the batteries. Are they not all the same? Not a good sign if they are not all discharging together. I would purchase all new cells such as Samsung 25r. I had a battery issue with a 4 cell flashlight once when I first got it and upon inspection found that one of the springs was compressed more than the other 3 for some reason so it didn't make proper contact. Don't think that's your issue though. Looks like you are mixing cells which you should never do. They will draw from each other.
Man that thing looks nasty bright:) How much for that beast?

Just looked at it. $300 and rated up to 25000lm for 1 minute+. Supposed to come with its own batteries. Did you buy it new or used? Just trying to figure out if you are running it with the batteries its supposed to come with or thw mixed ones in the pic. Assuming Ultra mode is Turbo +

It is new. Those happened to be the cells laying around that were charged at the moment (I have access to a lot of old laptop batteries :evil: so I get tempted to use them sometimes). I might have to do it again with the "acebeam" protected batteries that it came with. The battery thermal test did scare me away enough to stop mixing them with high drain stuff. Ya its great for burning your hands on turbo but I still like it. :p

I was playing with the K70 a few days ago with that lens from a TV I dug up, and was burning stuff with it. Decided to upload a clip of it. I got a K60 too but it cant keep a tight beam like the K70.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cNbsvlb8Tq4

May I suggest www.liionwholesale.com for batteries. They have the best prices on new batteries that I have been able to find anywhere. I got some new Panasonic 3400 mAh 5 amp protected cells and they were under $7.00 each. I put them on my Opus BT-C3100 intelligent charger and checked the capacity and the internal resistance. They were both over 3000 mAh and under 100 mOhms.

Last edited:

Bacon

May I suggest www.liionwholesale.com for batteries. They have the best prices on new batteries that I have been able to find anywhere. I got some new Panasonic 3400 mAh 5 amp protected cells and they were under $7.00 each. I put them on my Opus BT-C3100 intelligent charger and checked the capacity and the internal resistance. They were both over 3000 mAh and under 100 mOhms.

Dayyyyum! Those are almost too cheap.
Too bad their Efest 18650 are currently sold out. I might have to get a pile of those.:beer: