Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

About to try ordering again.. need advice

Hey everyone. I first and foremost want to wish everyone a happy 2012 holiday season and I hope that everyone has a great Christmas and a wonderful New Years!

I however, feel like I'm lost on making a decision on where to order my new laser from. My past 2 shopping experiences with trying to order a new laser, were.. well, to put it politely, the worst experiences I've ever had shopping online.

The first one I tried ordering, which I don't even remember what the exact URL to it was, which it doesn't matter now because apparently they got shut down after I reported them to the Attorney General for ripping me off. But, during that experience, I tried ordering a 250mW green laser and I never got my package.

The second experience, was with a website called 'texaslasersystems.com' and this experience was quite the ride, I'll tell ya that much. I had ordered a 200mW green laser from them. I checked on my order "status" and it stayed at the status of "processing" for over 2 weeks straight before I finally left them a nasty message through the phone as well as a nice complaint through email before I finally decided to go ahead and report them to scambook.com as well as reporting them to the Attorney General as well. Not sure if the website is still up or not.. but I can tell you for sure, without any doubts.. stay away from them.

Anyhow, so now.. I'm at the point where I'm ready to order again, but as I mentioned at the beginning of this thread/post.. I'm kinda lost on where to order from. I'm looking for something between 200mW all the way up to 1watt (1000mW). I've looked around the forums here and I've read that 'lazerer.com'; rafoss and OxLasers.com are all good.

However, I'm still very hesitant on ordering because I don't feel like getting ripped off again. :yabbmad:

So I'm begging you guys, I'm trying to order a laser for my bother in-law for Christmas this year.. but I just don't know where to go. I don't know what company will be able to sell me a good high-powered laser and get it to me without customs intercepting it.. nor do I know which company is reputable enough to where I don't have to worry about anything going wrong at all.. (getting ripped off; order being seized.. etc..) :scowl:

Anyone mind helping me out and suggesting a company that they know for sure is legit and will not rip me off (which would be the 3rd time in a row..)?

Man, I sure would appreciate it.. more than you probably realize.

Thanks in advance to anyone that decides to be helpful.

Happy holidays everyone!

Frankk

These are trusted sites:
dragonlasers.com
jetlasers.org
o-like.com
lazerer.com
optotronics.com
laserbtb.com
novalasers.com
laserglow.com

Or any of the custom Laser sellers on LPF in the B/S/T sections...

Jerry

You can contact us at any time on our Website: J.BAUER Electronics

Last edited:
just quick question, I realize this site I'm about to mention wasn't on any of the lists you guys gave to me (which i'm very grateful for..) but, I just got an email from (Laser Pointer, Flashlights, LED Lights, Laser Stage Lighting & Accessories on Sale) and I was looking at the email.. and I kid-you-not.. they currently have a 2000mW (2watts!!) 450nm laser for only $165.99! Now, I've priced and looked at 2watt laser pointers on other sites.. and their prices were WAY above that. I mean, WAYY above that. The cheapest 2watt laser pointer I've ever seen, other than that one from lazerpoint.com, was somewhere around $400.00.. but, that one was green colored spectrum, which we all know that green spectrum laser pointers always seem to cost more.

Anyhow, get to the point here.. has anyone ever ordered a laser pointer from (www.lazerpoint.com)?? Also, with $165.99 price tag on a 2watt laser pointer... doesn't that sound a bit fishy to you guys?? Just curious.. chime in with your thoughts and opinions on this.

Thanks.

Things

If it sounds too good to be true ...

If you want to avoid getting scammed, buy from a trusted seller on the forum, or one of those links posted above. You're taking a risk ordering from somewhere without reviews. Look in the reviews section (and the trades feedback/disputes) forums to see if you can find anything on them.

Do you really need us to tell you that sounds fishy? If so, I've got a bridge I'd be willing to sell you.

If it sounds too good to be true ...

If you want to avoid getting scammed, buy from a trusted seller on the forum, or one of those links posted above. You're taking a risk ordering from somewhere without reviews. Look in the reviews section (and the trades feedback/disputes) forums to see if you can find anything on them.

Yeah, its just.. I've (and I'm not saying for sure that its correct..go ahead and get that outta the way) but I've seen reviews about this website 'LSP forums' and they weren't too great. But again, I'm not saying that I necessarily believe those reviews.. but, ya never know. I mean, it is the internet - :eg:.

Appreciate it.

hah....hah....hah.... :crackup: :na:

Yeah, its just.. I've (and I'm not saying for sure that its correct..go ahead and get that outta the way) but I've seen reviews about this website 'LSP forums' and they weren't too great. But again, I'm not saying that I necessarily believe those reviews.. but, ya never know. I mean, it is the internet - :eg:.

Appreciate it.

Heads Up....
It is very easy to combine/Edit your posts using the [Edit]
button at the bottom of your posts.

Double Posting when it is not necessary is frowned upon
by the Forum community...:yh:

Not to mention the triple post on another Thread...

Jerry

You can contact us at any time on our Website: J.BAUER Electronics

Last edited:
Do you really need us to tell you that sounds fishy? If so, I've got a bridge I'd be willing to sell you.

Hey BB
You are already selling that bridge I sold you last week:crackup:
To the OP their are some very good websites already mention I would suggest using one of those.

Last edited:
No one here mentioned yourlasers.com, I once ordered a 50mW green and it came overspec around 100mW.

Just be careful, I heard that yourlaser.com is a scam.