Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

About Gball diode

DTR

Sorry for derail this topic, but I have one question for DTR.. Is there any plans for re-stock Sharp 638nm 700mW (GH0637AA2G)?? :)

Yea last I checked I could not get any but I kind of gave up on them anyway as for a 700mW rated I have the Oclaro anyway and the interest was not that great. When I first got them I sent some to the guys over on PL to see if they would be a good replacement for the P73 and seemeds they decide the P73 was still superior diode.

https://www.photonlexicon.com/forum...rp-700mW-638-Diode-Quick-Test?highlight=sharp

EDIT:

Confucius say: When sneaking through Mordor it is not wise to move brush like wild boar and taunt the all seeing eye.:tinfoil:

I have been up too long. Getting a little share happy. Might be better discussed in the graveyard.

Last edited:
Thanks for that information on the Sharp 638nm diodes, Jordan. It seems I have seen this before, but it is always good to reaffirm these specs.

Edit: I can think of a few ways around the ban to sell to DTR's Laser Shop, as I'm sure you can as well.

Last edited:
Well I'll be darned, that explains what happened when that " inventory mistake " happened, they have some long arms in Japan, lol

I was thinking they could be behind the " fake diodes " to afford themselves plausible deniability but I didn't say it.

Last edited:

DTR

Thanks for that information on the Sharp 638nm diodes, Jordan. It seems I have seen this before, but it is always good to reaffirm these specs.

Edit: I can think of a few ways around the ban to sell to DTR's Laser Shop, as I'm sure you can as well.

You know I can and do as Im am still here but I have thought about torturing at least one supplier that sells though a store on Amazon that canceled canceled an order. I had though about just continuing to order till they either give up selling those brand projectors there or Amazon kicks them out for their cancel rate. There is no customer discrimination on Amazon.

You know I can and do as Im am still here but I have thought about torturing at least one supplier that sells though a store on Amazon that canceled canceled an order. I had though about just continuing to order till they either give up selling those brand projectors there or Amazon kicks them out for their cancel rate. There is no customer discrimination on Amazon.

DTR i got a question for you as i think you have the best information about this due to your shop feedback.we all know that the blue diodes tend to degrade when the gball is removed but happens on the green side and those 1w 520nm diodes,are those degrade too when gball is removed??

Last edited:
----EDIT----

Actually this could be done with 12mm full copper module inside a dry nitrogen flooded glove box.

Press your NUBM0X diode into the module, solder and heat shrink, apply thermal grease and screw on copper back half.

Place your modules into the glove box and flood with dry nitrogen.

Inside the dry nitrogen flooded glove box pop off the GBall/can and replace it with a window/can with a gasket and threaded retaining ring.

Then use it as normal.

12196-drynitrogen.jpg

Last edited:

DTR

Yea it is an InGaN diode as well. And this part definitely gets way over my head but I think the only difference is the depth of what I have seen called the quantum well. Yellow the shortest and the least power, green in the middle with much lower power than the blue and blue the deepest with the best power capabilities. Anyway if it is from the way carbon bonds and contaminates the organic structure of the grown InGaN crystal it should have the same effects on green. although they are not as powerful and not eviscerating as much oxygen or other molecules that leave carbon behind. So I can see that as a reason it might not be as bad.

Helium would likely work as it is inert, but because the atom is so small, it will leach out of all sorts of places you wouldn't expect. It can even leach through glass. So, I would expect they would use another inert gas of greater molecular size.

DTR

Good news the 490nm diodes are on their way to me.:)

Last edited:
I have some 495nm diodes on the way to me as well. I should have them in less than a week, if last time is any reflection. I will bin them by wavelength and offer them to anyone who wants one. :thanks:

DTR

Yep looks like a large drop from Sharp landed and as I figured everyone would get them at the same time.:)

Yes, I wasn't even aware until my supplier emailed me and said they were ready for shipment. I wasn't even planning on these, but couldn't resist as the last batch went too well. :yh:

Last edited:
The NUBM07 diodes should make this worth while, not to mention the 05 and 06 diodes, ironically the 08 is the least desirable as it's divergence is the same as the 44 but it's not quite as strong, about all it has is a slightly prettier blue in the 450-455nm range as does the 05........05, 06, 07 diodes with a proper window can and inert gas fill would be great, but the 07 would be the star of the show as for aesthetics.

Also what's to come may well need this process. The bigger 520's may well be GBall's

12196-drynitrogen.jpg

Here's a possible isolation box that could be used >>> https://www.ebay.com/itm/Cole-Parme...m=372240593794&_trksid=p2047675.c100005.m1851

This one looks good, likely just needs some new gloves. >>> https://www.ebay.com/itm/Labconco-5...m=112880096103&_trksid=p2047675.c100005.m1851

As long as you have an approved tank you can refill it at most airgas welding supply outlets, I used to fill my oxy/acetylene tanks at a warehouse that sold me their tanks that they would refill any time I wanted, so rather than buying a tank online, maybe go to a welding supply house and buy theirs, they are not expensive, 100 dollar tanks are common.

Last edited:
The NUBM07 diodes should make this worth while, not to mention the 05 and 06 diodes, ironically the 08 is the least desirable as it's divergence is the same as the 44 but it's not quite as strong, about all it has is a slightly prettier blue in the 450-455nm range as does the 05........05, 06, 07 diodes with a proper window can and inert gas fill would be great, but the 07 would be the star of the show as for aesthetics.

Also what's to come may well need this process. The bigger 520's may well be GBall's

12196-drynitrogen.jpg

Here's a possible isolation box that could be used >>> https://www.ebay.com/itm/Cole-Parme...m=372240593794&_trksid=p2047675.c100005.m1851

This one looks good, likely just needs some new gloves. >>> https://www.ebay.com/itm/Labconco-5...m=112880096103&_trksid=p2047675.c100005.m1851

As long as you have an approved tank you can refill it at most airgas welding supply outlets, I used to fill my oxy/acetylene tanks at a warehouse that sold me their tanks that they would refill any time I wanted, so rather than buying a tank online, maybe go to a welding supply house and buy theirs, they are not expensive, 100 dollar tanks are common.

just a thought and theory that came to my mind,you wrote somewhere that your nubm06 diode has started to dropping in power while you also mentioned alot of times that all your nubm07 decaned diodes had very short life.
so maybe the degredation speed has also to do with the target wavelengh of the diode,nubm06 is 445nm with the slowest degredation,nubm05 and nubm08 are 450-455nm and degrade faster than nubm06 and finally the the nubm07 than has 460+nm degrade faster than all the others.

ps:about my old nubm08 diode that decaned by accident and recaned it instantly,the degredation have stopped but the diode can't even pass the 5w output,so it have the bad divergence of a nubm08 and also worse efficiency that a nubm05,kind of useless i would call it :undecided:

Last edited:

jnrpop

12196-drynitrogen.jpg

Great idea Red :beer:,
and to open the options up even more, we could step away from the 12mm module into a 20mm module, and start using M12 lens holders with <10mm optics.
I know I few members here might be excited at that......Alaskan :D

Last edited: