Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

About a laser unboxing details.

Hi.
Waiting for a refund from PayPal,(if I am lucky),because of the known case,I had a surprise today.One of the members of this forum,a Greekaustralian guy,( I am Greek),reading my unluckiness,sent me his laser,a Sci Fi one,a big boy of 500g+ weight, SS body,and copper inside.No other details.I think it is a blue one.
After the shock,I opened it front and rear ,and I saw that there was e little spring in the front,after the lens.
Because another laser that I have,has not such a spring there,I ask if it is OK being there,or I have to remove it.
Also,how I must put the batteries inside,positive first or negative?

Hi.
Waiting for a refund from PayPal,(if I am lucky),because of the known case,I had a surprise today.One of the members of this forum,a Greekaustralian guy,( I am Greek),reading my unluckiness,sent me his laser,a Sci Fi one,a big boy of 500g+ weight, SS body,and copper inside.No other details.I think it is a blue one.
After the shock,I opened it front and rear ,and I saw that there was e little spring in the front,after the lens.
Because another laser that I have,has not such a spring there,I ask if it is OK being there,or I have to remove it.
Also,how I must put the batteries inside,positive first or negative?

What do you mean after the lens? If you unscrew and remove the lens, most lasers have a spring behind the lens to keep it tight so it's not loose, you want to keep this. If you are talking about a spring on the battery contact board then this is ok too, if it uses only one battery it is good because then you can use a flat top or button top. If it is a blue laser though I expect it probably uses two 16340 batteries.

I won't advise you on batteries or what direction to put them in without knowing for sure the exact laser you have. Ask the person you got it from, don't guess or it may be the end of your laser before you even use it. Make sure the batteries or battery is fully charged first and never insert them backwards.

Alan

Be careful, do not get contaminants inside behind that lens, keep the lens in so contaminants stay out, if you get even too much lint on the diode window it can burn and damage it.

NEVER look inside a laser until you 1st remove all batteries.

It was me that sent Theodore my Sci-Fi 1.6W blue for free, a gift for him as I felt sorry for him that he ordered and payed for his Sci-Fi just before Eitan closed up shop.

Theodore, I sent you the instructions in the PM and how to put the batteries in.

Batteries go in + Positive first and - Negative to end 'tail' cap.

Also I included the link to my dropbox in the PM for the instructions so that customs don't find it in the package.

Click the link below.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/esx8y9q053....docx.pdf?dl=0

I'm glad it arrived safe, I sent it with DHL so that it would get there quickly.

Always wear the safety glasses, Please don't forget and be very careful.

Regards
Andrew

Edit: I also wrote in the PM instructions about the spring.
It's what Alan said, it's to keep the lens tight so it doesn't shake and be loose.
Don't take it out and don't loose it.

:)

Last edited:
I put two 16340 batteries and it is OK, blue light all over the house.I wait for the night to come so as to admire it pointing the sky.Yes yes,without any plane on it.I hear and I watch very carefully.
As I measured it,I see length:18cm,head diam.:4cm ,body diam.: 3cm,and weight over 500g.
If I want to put in it someday,a bigger diode and possibly driver,what is the max in Watts it is possible to pump?

Last edited:

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
That was a very nice gesture RB! :beer:

Theodore, be very careful with that in your house, 1.6W of blue reflected in your eye would be disasterous!

Reactions: GSS

Theodore, be very careful with that in your house, 1.6W of blue reflected in your eye would be disasterous!
Thank you my friend,I have a pair of goggles for the 445nm lasers,which I wear before I turn on the laser.:wave:

Pman

Don't change anything with that unit. If you want something more powerful in the future buy another one;)
+REP Aand a big thanks go out to you RB. Grainde and I are working on helping some others but you sir can have the cake and eat it too. If you ever want to team up on something let me know.

I also thought from the title that my cat was going to get to see an unboxing. She loves a nice box.

Last edited:
Reactions: GSS
Don't change anything with that unit. If you want something more powerful in the future buy another one;)
+REP Aand a big thanks go out to you RB. Grainde and I are working on helping some others but you sir can have the cake and eat it too. If you ever want to team up on something let me know.

I also thought from the title that my cat was going to get to see an unboxing. She loves a nice box.
ΟΚ, I forget it.If I want one more powerful I buy a new one,period.:)
Edit.
What about putting a tail key lock switch for safety reasons? Is it possible?

Last edited:
Last edited:

GSS

At 20m thats unfortunatly one of the only drawbacks for that laser. It is normal at that distance for rectangular spot for that 445 diode and i'm assuming it has a G2 lens. You could change the lens for a better dot but you will lose some power. I'm sure RB and others will come with answers if they already haven't:)

Last edited:
It was me that sent Theodore my Sci-Fi 1.6W blue for free, a gift for him as I felt sorry for him that he ordered and payed for his Sci-Fi just before Eitan closed up shop.

Theodore, I sent you the instructions in the PM and how to put the batteries in.

Batteries go in + Positive first and - Negative to end 'tail' cap.

Also I included the link to my dropbox in the PM for the instructions so that customs don't find it in the package.

Click the link below.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/esx8y9q053....docx.pdf?dl=0

I'm glad it arrived safe, I sent it with DHL so that it would get there quickly.

Always wear the safety glasses, Please don't forget and be very careful.

Regards
Andrew

Edit: I also wrote in the PM instructions about the spring.
It's what Alan said, it's to keep the lens tight so it doesn't shake and be loose.
Don't take it out and don't loose it.

:)

Plus rep Andrew, people like you are an endangered species now days
You da man!

At 20m thats unfortunatly one of the only drawbacks for that laser. It is normal at that distance for rectangular spot for that 445 diode and i'm assuming it has a G2 lens. You could change the lens for a better dot but you will lose some power. I'm sure RB and others will come with answers if they already haven't:)
I have read about G7 lenses and triple glass lenses.Do you know something about?

GSS

By triple glass I think you are reffering to a 3 element lens. The 3 element will get you alot closer to that dot but you will loose some power like I had mentioned as the light has to travel through "3" lenses. As for the G7 its an in between lens between the 3 element lens and the the G2 which i'm thinking you have. Before any more guessing its best to find out for sure what RB has put in yours for now.:)

By triple glass I think you are reffering to a 3 element lens. The 3 element will get you alot closer to that dot but you will loose some power like I had mentioned as the light has to travel through "3" lenses. As for the G7 its an in between lens between the 3 element lens and the the G2 which i'm thinking you have. Before any more guessing its best to find out for sure what RB has put in yours for now.:)

Thank you very much.:yh:

at that distance for rectangular spot for that 445 diode and i'm assuming it has a G2 lens. I'm sure RB and others will come with answers if they already haven't:)

Plus rep Andrew, people like you are an endangered species now days
You da man!

the G2 which i'm thinking you have. Before any more guessing its best to find out for sure what RB has put in yours for now.:)

Thank you everyone for the kind comments and +reps.
I really felt sorry for everyone that lost money.
Theodore asked me about Eitan and I warned him that he takes a long time to ship but that he would eventually get the laser from Eitan.
This was just a week before Eitan folded and I felt sorry for Theodore.
I wish I could help everyone that lost out in these deals.

As for this laser, well I bought this one back in 2014 but I think Eitan jibbed me on this as well, since I ordered the 462nm 1.6W but upon arrival it looked like a 445nm.
I questioned him back then but he was adamant that it was a 462nm and since I am no expert I took his word for it and besides I was happy that it was a working laser and it was powerful enough.
But even now I still think he only sent me a 445nm.
Either way, it's still a beautiful laser and was one of my favourites so I hope Theodore enjoys it as much as I did.

I can't say which lens is it there but I suspect it's a G2 as it burns nicely and it looks like a G2 from memory.
As was stated, that's the shape of the dot on these high powered lasers and I was ok with that.

Thanks everyone.

RB

Last edited: