Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

AA pen host?

Hey everyone I feel a little nervous posting this thread because of recent bad rep
But I searched and I can't find a place to find a AA pen host
I wanted it to be for two AAs and fit a 12mm green module kind of like the cheap AAA hosts I want it to be long and skinny just like the AA one in this thread
http://laserpointerforums.com/f39/2-pen-hosts-green-laser-module-73537.html
I've searched and I really can't find one

:yh:

Last edited:

That is the link for it bro

I know but what does it have to do with my question in the title because that page is just a tutorial for making a flashlight into a laser, I'm looking for a pen build with a momentary switch

Look up leadlight pens. (Edit: those are AAA)

Edit: shoot, AA... Uh... MiniSabre V2 uses 1x AA.

Last edited:

Tmack

Sinners new copper pens should work. They won't be out for a bit though.

Sinners new copper pens should work. They won't be out for a bit though.

Those take AAAs though i think, a bit too expensive also
Looking for something cheaper around 5-15$, I'm a little tight on money right now

Last edited:

Tmack

Oh crap your right. That's going o be a tough one with AA . Tons of AAA pen hosts out there. I have a moded Cree b68 that's single AA and a modded black and decker mini flashlight, and a MODDED wicked laser e2 but that's all. Lol see the trend ;)

Best bet is to just search eBay..... Sorry.

Two AAA will run those just fine though

Techhood has some nice pen hosts on eBay.

You may have to compromise on this one.

Last edited:
I got this AA host some time ago, for about $10 shipped.

You might find a cheaper source, it´s named L-20-854.

Sorry to be picky but that looks a bit too wide and the battery's would be rattling around in there but thanks For helping me out

DJNY

Sorry to be picky but that looks a bit too wide and the battery's would be rattling around in there but thanks For helping me out

Yeah when you rattle your laser hard, the inside would rattle a bit too, of course.

But why do you want to rattle the laser to hear the batteries ratteling? :thinking:

For ratteling fun you might get this guy here

You can always tighten up the battery contact spring or putting around some fabric tape to get an even better fit.

Honestly, you won´t find many cheap AA host options with side clicky out there.

Tmack

If I have any play in my lasers I use a thin sheet of plastic inside the battery tube. Works every time :D and as long as its cut to size you don't have to worry about it sliding out.

Oh crap your right. That's going o be a tough one with AA . Tons of AAA pen hosts out there. I have a moded Cree b68 that's single AA and a modded black and decker mini flashlight, and a MODDED wicked laser e2 but that's all. Lol see the trend ;)

Best bet is to just search eBay..... Sorry.

Two AAA will run those just fine though

Techhood has some nice pen hosts on eBay.

You may have to compromise on this one.

Okay I will compromise to a AAA host that will fit a green module

Tmack

Try eBay seller techhood. He has a sweet chrome host for $11 . It's exactly what you need. Side clicky and a very nice clean look.