Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

A real Microtech knock off???

Kevlar

Thanks for the link RP! :beer:

I've always wanted one of these, cheap knock or not, but the price is right. I ordered it a few days ago and it's already shipped. When it arrives I'll report back here.

I won't be using this as a EDC though. For that I have this little Kershaw:

kershaw-chive-1600-new-back.jpg

kershaw-chive-1600-new.jpg

Of all the knives I own, I'd say that one is my favorite.

I'm not a big knife collector but I do have a few others like a genuine K-Bar from when I was stationed at a Marine base and an old wooden handled Opinel. I like the Opinel's carbon steel blade, it holds a nice razor sharp edge.

Last edited:
Looks like a nice little knife. I always have to get mine with serration though, I've needed too many times to not have it on my knives

^^^Shop around a bit.. I've see these for for less.

Personally I prefer the slightly larger leek. IMHO the steel isn't the greatest, but it does hold a decent edge, and is very easy to sharpen to razor sharp:)

Things

Just looked on that stupid laws site, too bad 3/4 of the Australian ones are fake :(

"Stupid law : Australia Law: Victoria: Only licensed electricians may change a light bulb. The fine for abusing this law is 10 pounds."

I'm sorry, but the last time I checked, we used the AUD, not pounds :p

Dan

Kevlar

^^^Shop around a bit.. I've see these for for less.

Personally I prefer the slightly larger leek. IMHO the steel isn't the greatest, but it does hold a decent edge, and is very easy to sharpen to razor sharp:)

I didn't buy mine there I was just using it as a reference. I actually bought it a Wallymart for ~25 so I was kinda of surprised to see the on-line prices.

Ash

I bought several of these "clones" and they are pretty junky.
Combat Troodon Clone
P4076765.jpg

Scarab Clone
ChinaScarabfront.jpg

Sure they fire in and out, but the triggers are very rough (compared to a real MT), the springs make a cheap sound, they are very heavy, have a bit of bladeplay, and the pieces are cast (not machined) so the seams are cheesy looking up close. :cryyy:
It's a $32 "toy" essentially and fine if you have never seen a real Microtech, or don't actually care about "usability".
And, yes, they are very sharp. :eek:

Kevlar

It came today from PA. It's pretty much as Ash and others have described, but here are a few pics and a video.

Note: In the video I stated I thought the screws might be plastic. Upon closer inspection, they are metal.

Overall, I'm pretty happy with it for the price. Someday, when I save up enough pennies, I'd like to get a genuine one though.

Attachments

• DSCN3615.JPG
    DSCN3615.JPG
    92.1 KB · Views: 282
  • DSCN3616.JPG
    DSCN3616.JPG
    97.4 KB · Views: 212
  • DSCN3618.JPG
    DSCN3618.JPG
    80.3 KB · Views: 265
  • DSCN3620.JPG
    DSCN3620.JPG