Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

A real Microtech knock off???

Ra1nfade

lol That was great :crackup:

Kevlar

Thanks for the link RP! :beer:

I've always wanted one of these, cheap knock or not, but the price is right. I ordered it a few days ago and it's already shipped. When it arrives I'll report back here.

I won't be using this as a EDC though. For that I have this little Kershaw:

Of all the knives I own, I'd say that one is my favorite.

I'm not a big knife collector but I do have a few others like a genuine K-Bar from when I was stationed at a Marine base and an old wooden handled Opinel. I like the Opinel's carbon steel blade, it holds a nice razor sharp edge.

Last edited:

Ra1nfade

Looks like a nice little knife. I always have to get mine with serration though, I've needed too many times to not have it on my knives

InfinitusEquitas

^^^Shop around a bit.. I've see these for for less.

Personally I prefer the slightly larger leek. IMHO the steel isn't the greatest, but it does hold a decent edge, and is very easy to sharpen to razor sharp:)

Things

Just looked on that stupid laws site, too bad 3/4 of the Australian ones are fake :(

"Stupid law : Australia Law: Victoria: Only licensed electricians may change a light bulb. The fine for abusing this law is 10 pounds."

I'm sorry, but the last time I checked, we used the AUD, not pounds :p

Dan

Kevlar

^^^Shop around a bit.. I've see these for for less.

Personally I prefer the slightly larger leek. IMHO the steel isn't the greatest, but it does hold a decent edge, and is very easy to sharpen to razor sharp:)

I didn't buy mine there I was just using it as a reference. I actually bought it a Wallymart for ~25 so I was kinda of surprised to see the on-line prices.

Ash

I bought several of these "clones" and they are pretty junky.
Combat Troodon Clone

Scarab Clone

Sure they fire in and out, but the triggers are very rough (compared to a real MT), the springs make a cheap sound, they are very heavy, have a bit of bladeplay, and the pieces are cast (not machined) so the seams are cheesy looking up close. :cryyy:
It's a $32 "toy" essentially and fine if you have never seen a real Microtech, or don't actually care about "usability".
And, yes, they are very sharp. :eek:

Kevlar

It came today from PA. It's pretty much as Ash and others have described, but here are a few pics and a video.

Note: In the video I stated I thought the screws might be plastic. Upon closer inspection, they are metal.

Overall, I'm pretty happy with it for the price. Someday, when I save up enough pennies, I'd like to get a genuine one though.

Attachments

• DSCN3615.JPG
    DSCN3615.JPG
    92.1 KB · Views: 282
  • DSCN3616.JPG
    DSCN3616.JPG
    97.4 KB · Views: 212
  • DSCN3618.JPG
    DSCN3618.JPG
    80.3 KB · Views: 265
  • DSCN3620.JPG
    DSCN3620.JPG